PeaceCorps Advises African-American Volunteers They May Be Called N-Word By Ukrainian Refugees

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Diversity and Inclusion

Possible Considerations for African American or Black Volunteers visiting Ukraine

Volunteer Voices
: “'People of color' face many challenges living in Ukraine, as a Peace Corps Volunteer. However, African-Americans will confront far more complicated issues. For modern parts of Ukraine, African-Americans are part of the community and day-to-day life. However, there are many Ukrainians who have never seen a Black person before. Their understanding of African-American culture is fueled by the media and African stereotypes. You will generate lots of interest and curious stares.

So, these stares can make you uncomfortable and annoyed. Ukrainians' initial perception of you may be that you are from Africa; it may not. It does help if they understand that you are an American, and the training in PST will help you consider ways that you will engage with these assumptions."

"It is not uncommon for Ukrainians to refer to African-Americans as “[N-Word]”. Volunteers of color may be called 'a monkey' or may see children’s games with Blackface. Being aware of the history of dehumanization for people of African descent may help inform where this comes from; it does not justify it.

It will be at your discretion to determine the intent. No matter the intent, staff recognizes the impact that hearing that word may invoke hurt and anger. If you view it as unlearned [something the person has never been exposed to], it may be an opportunity for you to educate that person. We are here to support your successful service, and these comments and images can be a huge distraction and obstacle to you.

Know that Peace Corps staff is here to support and encourage you. Do not hesitate to remove yourself from such situations. You are not expected to be subjected to such treatment. You can also find support and understand from other African-American Peace Corps Volunteers serving in Ukraine."

Any volunteer or staff member who has experienced racism can contact any Peace Corps Ukraine staff member. This can include the Program Managers, Safety and Security Manager, Director of Management and Operations, Director of Programs and Training, or Country Director.

FOhOm49XsAMyOJf

Diversity and Inclusion
Man every line I read just gets worse and worse.

If you are black and you go over to help them, Aint no saving you. You deserve what's coming.

Putin do your thing. :hubie:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
racism out in the open. they're openly telling black folks what it is. move(or in this case don't move) accordingly. :hubie:any black people still talking about helping these people is misguided. the damn federal government telling yall these people are racist. it doesn't get any more blunt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Notice how @Mowgli lied on me, I asked him for receipts, and he immediately deflected to something else. He can't back up his lies so he tries to shift the conversation. It's his M.O. because he's detached from reality and lives in a right-wing bubble.

But where was that energy when Ukrainian nazis bodied 15000 Russians and other "undesirables" in east Ukraine brother. They we're still shelling and purging before Russian invasion. Where were you then?

I see you here now, but not then. It makes me curious is all.

It hurts your We Are The World swag.

So you're back to posting the fake news again. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I was posting about the war in eastern Ukraine 5-6 years ago and repeatedly since then, while you probably only learned Ukraine was a real country a few weeks ago when your right-wing handlers reminded you. You're a fukking idiot if you didn't realize that Russia started that war and that the "Ukrainian nazis killed 15,000 people" is some of the stupidest propaganda you could possibly slurp.

Ignore that it actually started with Ukraine wanting to get associated with the EU, something that has been pursued by multiple Ukraine governments AND which Yanukovich had publically supported.

Ignore that that EU deal was almost complete and had the signing scheduled when Russia threatened Yanukovich with economic retaliation and forced him to go against the people's will and sign with them instead.

Ignore that afte losing the man he'd bribed, Putin filled Crimea with masked soldiers without insignia and denied that his soldiers were in Crimea at all, in multiple violations of international law.

Ignore that after annealing Crimea (without even admitting afterwards that he'd obviously lied about not being in Crimea), Russia then proceeded to invade other portions of Ukraine, again against international law, again while denying it's even there.

Ignore than Russian-supported forces used Russian equipment to shoot down a passenger plane.

Ignore that Russia has pushed forth a dozen self-contradictory lies to explain why it wasn't responsible, including bragging about shooting down a military plane before they realized their error, claiming the plane was a drone with fake bodies that was staged, claiming the plane was shot down by a Ukrainian fighter, claiming it was shot by an allied surface-to-air missile, claiming it was a mistake by forces trying to assassinate Putin, showing fake satellite pics with a Ukrainian fighter behind it AND fake satellite pics with nothing around at all, etc.

Why do you still believe Russian narratives when they've shown such a total disregard for the truth?
Not to mention that we're talking way outside simply America, across most other global media as well. Everyone except Russians knew Russian soldiers were in Crimea. Everyone except Russians knows that the are Russians involved in the Ukraine war right now. Everyone except Russians knows that Russian-backed rebels shot down MH-17.
Putin's the one that has an economy in shambles, had to give Chechnya over to a warlord, is engaged in a shambling war in Ukraine, got embarrassed by his supporters shooting down a passenger plane and then having to lie his ass off about it with no one believing him, got embarrassed by having his whole Olympic delegation sent home because he tried to cheat, and only holds onto power by reflexively killing every person who poses a threat while the entire political system teeters around him.

He isn't doing "what he wants", he's doing the only moves he feel he can to maintain power within the tiny sphere of influence that Russia has.

The worst part is the Wagner Group who Putin sent it as his eastern Ukraine shock troops back in 2014 and again right now are LITERAL NEO-NAZIS. You believe his propaganda that he's going into Ukraine to "de-nazify" the country when his actual right-hand man in the whole thing is a Nazi himself.

The Times: Putin has sent mercenaries to Kyiv led by an admirer of the Nazis to murder Zelenskyy and the Klitschko brothers - Romea.cz

Russia sends its pet neo-Nazis to kill Zelensky – while claiming to want to “denazify” Ukraine - AIJAC

PUTIN'S SECRET ARMY: Mercenaries accused of global atrocities | Toronto Sun

Where do you go to "educate" yourself with so much bullshyt?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They were talking about these Nazis damn near a decade ago. But let the simps tell it.

You can't make a deal with the devil and not get caught up in the fallout.

And you do realize that those nationalists ran with the party who Zelensky opposed and defeated in the last election, right? That he ran on an explicit unity, anti-nationalism campaign and won over 70% of the vote while the nationalists got 23% and the right-wing extremists got 2%?

This is like playing a story on the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally and then claiming the white supremacist Trump supporters flying the Confederate in Charlottesville flag are part of the current White House.

The most ironic thing about this is that you're a right-winger so you're literally aligned with our Nazis here while pretending you care about opposing Nazis somewhere else. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Notice how @Mowgli lied on me, I asked him for receipts, and he immediately deflected to something else. He can't back up his lies so he tries to shift the conversation. It's his M.O. because he's detached from reality and lives in a right-wing bubble.

So you're back to posting the fake news again. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I was posting about the war in eastern Ukraine 5-6 years ago and repeatedly since then, while you probably only learned Ukraine was a real country a few weeks ago when your right-wing handlers reminded you. You're a fukking idiot if you didn't realize that Russia started that war and that the "Ukrainian nazis killed 15,000 people" is some of the stupidest propaganda you could possibly slurp.

The worst part is the Wagner Group who Putin sent it as his eastern Ukraine shock troops back in 2014 and again right now are LITERAL NEO-NAZIS. You believe his propaganda that he's going into Ukraine to "de-nazify" the country when his actual right-hand man in the whole thing is a Nazi himself.

The Times: Putin has sent mercenaries to Kyiv led by an admirer of the Nazis to murder Zelenskyy and the Klitschko brothers - Romea.cz

Russia sends its pet neo-Nazis to kill Zelensky – while claiming to want to “denazify” Ukraine - AIJAC

PUTIN'S SECRET ARMY: Mercenaries accused of global atrocities | Toronto Sun

Where do you go to "educate" yourself with so much bullshyt?
I've already outlined what I believed the war was about., I did say it'd be good if Nazis were dealt with, since they're already there. :manny:

You and you're liberal gang member cherry pick a few loose comments and ignore the rest. I understand I make it easy for you to misrepresent my thoughts but for a character like you, that type of immaturity is why deep down you're just a clown.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You and you're liberal gang member cherry pick a few loose comments and ignore the rest. I understand I make it easy for you to misrepresent my thoughts but for a character like you, that type of immaturity is why deep down you're just a clown.

You've lied on me multiple times in this conversation, I asked for receipts and you have evaded both times. If you can actually back your argument then give receipts for your bullshyt.

Your entire narrative is based on right-wing lies and when I call those lies out, all you deflect with is "You liberal!"

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If it wasn't from the official site they would have called it 'propoganda' and 'fake news'. The more black people are given these updates the better.

Well done to peace corps as it's something many are scared to touch on.

Except your cowardly little ass can't point to a single legitimate story that I've ever called "fake news".

I live in reality. The Peace Corps lives in reality. Their post is what reality looks like. The world Mowgli lives in is a right-wing echo chamber where he obediently slurps up all they want to give him and then he just vomits out one bullshyt lie after another.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
Except your cowardly little ass can't point to a single legitimate story that I've ever called "fake news".

The Peace Corps lives in reality. Their post is what reality looks like. The world Mowgli lives in is a right-wing echo chamber where he obediently slurps up all they want to give him and then he just vomits out one bullshyt lie after another.

Yea, I know. I posted it.

:unimpressed:

Aquarius Snake

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If I ran things, I’d hype Ukraine up to take their war to Russia. Hell, I’d even give them just enough supplies to get their asses over there and spark things off. Then I’d sit back and watch them destroy each other.

:pacspit:

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
If I ran things, I’d hype Ukraine up to take their war to Russia. Hell, I’d even give them just enough supplies to get their asses over there and spark things off. Then I’d sit back and watch them destroy each other.

:pacspit:

:dead:

ImLionyall

Workin on dat Roar
Daps
Reppin
Serengeti
Stop what?

I live in Jersey and there are parts of the state where I'd be in fear for my life if car broke down or ran out of gas. Straight klan towns in Southern and West NJ.

That's different from the factions of Nazis in Ukraine, HOW?
Most ppl think Jersey Shore the Sopranos when you talk about Jersey. They don't know of large chunks of Jersey that are essentially Tenn or rural Penn. The accents and even the house architecture get really hicky

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
racism out in the open. they're openly telling black folks what it is. move(or in this case don't move) accordingly. :hubie:any black people still talking about helping these people is misguided. the damn federal government telling yall these people are racist. it doesn't get any more blunt.
giphy.gif
/thread