PC master race?

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
So idk what this thread was about before but I'm commandeering it now

Pretty sure that processor gonna have to get swapped ASAP but other than that is this the best deal I'm gonna find for 1440/60? I said I was gonna stop looking but I can't help myself

@Ciggavelli

I forgot who else is PC gang but tag the boys I need opinions cause im dangerously close to pulling the trigger on that tower

I'm tried of you getting these overpriced prebuilts.

Check out the above link and build a PC bro

BBG

2014-2024
Daps

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
3060 :scust:and it clearly says there's compatibility issues with that build breh why are you setting me up to fail

Love the price though :whoo:

Just update the bios on the motherboard

You complaining about the video card? 3060 can run 4k 60 frames

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Just update the bios on the motherboard

You complaining about the video card? 3060 can run 4k 60 frames
My monitor does 4K/144hz , I know I said 60 but I wanna run at least 120 frames in 1440 too. If you telling me I can do all that for less than $1000 I must request the council of @Ciggavelli to confirm

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
My monitor does 4K/144hz , I know I said 60 but I wanna run at least 120 frames in 1440 too. If you telling me I can do all that for less than $1000 I must request the council of @Ciggavelli to confirm
If you lower the settings enough, you might be able to do it. Me, personally, I don’t like lowering settings. It’s a trade off, and it depends on the game too. Older games are obviously easier to run. If the game has DLSS it is much easier to run too. I’d look at benchmarks for the games you wanna play. Compare that with a more expensive card (there are sites that automatically compare for you, you just type in the cards). See if the added frames and higher settings are worth the extra money for you. I wouldn’t buy a 3000 series though. You’ll be 2 generations behind in a year or two. I’d recommend a 4000 series.

Using a comparison site like this may help too

Last edited:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I mean I use to be a field tech for a cable company so I have experience working with my hands, maybe it won't be so bad. Gonna watch that long ass video breh posted and see if I'm up for the challenge. If it's true that it costs less and is the better option performance wise then I guess I must stay true to the set and build the shyt
I always say if u gonna drop 1k+ on a PC, might as well build it yourself as u know wtf u putting in your machine. Most premades comes with cheap shyt and mainly market the CPU and GPU.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
I always say if u gonna drop 1k+ on a PC, might as well build it yourself as u know wtf u putting in your machine. Most premades comes with cheap shyt and mainly market the CPU and GPU.

On a pre-built, there's always some dumb shyt they do that force you to buy another machine (i.e limit expandability by limiting the case, or the case having a weird form factor, or the power supply being unique to where you can't upgrade it if you get a better graphics card).

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
On a pre-built, there's always some dumb shyt they do that force you to buy another machine (i.e limit expandability by limiting the case, or the case having a weird form factor, or the power supply being unique to where you can't upgrade it if you get a better graphics card).
CyberpowerPC allows you to pick everything. I had one of their prebuilts in the past and was happy. They don’t do custom water cooling or tricky stuff like that, but shyt’s easy; can’t lie.

I ran into some problems with my latest pc build (after weeks of replacing everything, mobo, ram, etc., it turned out to be a faulty psu), and I was ranting in the pc thread that I shoulda just paid extra and bought an OriginPC water-cooled joint. My build is very nice now, and I’m glad I did it, as I have everything in it that I wanted, but it woulda been so much easier to just buy an OriginPC water cooled prebuilt. Of course it costs more.

I can see why some people are afraid of their first build. What would they have done if they had my psu problem? It woulda drove them crazy. But it is a good learning experience I guess. If you’re not doing custom shyt, building, taking apart, and building again isn’t really that big of a time suck. They wouldn’t have to drain water, disassemble tubes, put ‘em back in, refill etc.

The most annoying part of a normal build to me is putting in the fans and using the instruction manual to figure out where to put the cables on your mobo. I guess your first time applying thermal paste to the cpu is a stressful experience in the beginning. And of course you feel like you might break something if you do anything wrong (which you likely won’t).

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
CyberpowerPC allows you to pick everything. I had one of their prebuilts in the past and was happy. They don’t do custom water cooling or tricky stuff like that, but shyt’s easy; can’t lie.

I ran into some problems with my latest pc build (after weeks of replacing everything, mobo, ram, etc., it turned out to be a faulty psu), and I was ranting in the pc thread that I shoulda just paid extra and bought an OriginPC water-cooled joint. My build is very nice now, and I’m glad I did it, as I have everything in it that I wanted, but it woulda been so much easier to just buy an OriginPC water cooled prebuilt. Of course it costs more.

I can see why some people are afraid of their first build. What would they have done if they had my psu problem? It woulda drove them crazy. But it is a good learning experience I guess. If you’re not doing custom shyt, building, taking apart, and building again isn’t really that big of a time suck. They wouldn’t have to drain water, disassemble tubes, put ‘em back in, refill etc.

The most annoying part of a normal build to me is putting in the fans and using the instruction manual to figure out where to put the cables on your mobo. I guess your first time applying thermal paste to the cpu is a stressful experience in the beginning. And of course you feel like you might break something if you do anything wrong (which you likely won’t).
I was about to say that those who are afraid or dont wanna build their PC, the next best step is Cyberpower PC because u get to pick the parts and they build it for u.

I will never get a prebuilt. Been building my own shyt since 2010