PC master race?

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
So idk what this thread was about before but I'm commandeering it now

Pretty sure that processor gonna have to get swapped ASAP but other than that is this the best deal I'm gonna find for 1440/60? I said I was gonna stop looking but I can't help myself

@Ciggavelli

I forgot who else is PC gang but tag the boys I need opinions cause im dangerously close to pulling the trigger on that tower

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

Pretty sure that processor gonna have to get swapped ASAP but other than that is this the best deal I'm gonna find for 1440/60? I said I was gonna stop looking but I can't help myself

@Ciggavelli

I forgot who else is PC gang but tag the boys I need opinions cause im dangerously close to pulling the trigger on that tower

You don't want to build your own pc?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

@Ciggavelli

I'm not that familiar with i5s. It's a good deal though, but I'd make sure to check benchmarks. Do a search for the cpu and the gpu and see what the numbers say. You probably want more SSD space and 32gb of ram though

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Not if I can help it, no.. if it saves me more than $100 sure but I thought getting a decent prebuilt and parting from there was the wave...

I haven't been looking since I built my PC but I always thought building it was the best especially for price. Some things vary like fi you live near a Microcenter...He said it looks like a good deal. We are getting close to July 4th and I know I got a lot of deals when I built mine at that time. A good place I found deals at was the subreddit buildapc. They post prebuilds there a lot too, not just parts.

I don't know what that intel processor is but I got at 3700x and 2070 Super and can run everything at 1440/144. I forget what game it was but I did see one that recommended 32gigs of ram. I checked Starfield because that's the last one I remember looking at and it says 16.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

@Ciggavelli

Hell nah just build it. You looking for a 1440p machine?
WIth the 3D V cache chips from AMD there is really no reason to go intel if you're building a gaming PC from scratch. The FPS boosts are ridiculous for the cost.

Build this and you'll run 1440p at 120 fps in most games and this shyt is still less than that PC you posted

Watch this video if you need to learn how to pick parts and build

It's really not as hard as it looks.

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
WIth the 3D V cache chips from AMD there is really no reason to go intel if you're building a gaming PC from scratch. The FPS boosts are ridiculous for the cost.

Build this and you'll run 1440p at 120 fps in most games and this shyt is still less than that PC you posted

building is pretty easy. after 20 years of putting together shyt, only thing that still makes me sweat is setting the CPU(it aint hard, I just get nervous with that shyt:lupe: )

BBG

2014-2024
Daps

Damn I had no idea about the AMD chips, that's some solid advice. Gonna do my research and keep looking while I wait for the July 4th sales.

Y'all fukk with Alienware? Building a PC is intimidating as hell I'm not sure I'm about that life. One breh said it took him 2 hours when he first started, fukk all that

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn I had no idea about the AMD chips, that's some solid advice. Gonna do my research and keep looking while I wait for the July 4th sales.

Y'all fukk with Alienware? Building a PC is intimidating as hell I'm not sure I'm about that life. One breh said it took him 2 hours when he first started, fukk all that
shyt is not hard at all. You're doing yourself a favor in the long run learning the inner make-up of a PC. Honestly, the most time consuming part is just screwing parts into the case IMO

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

2hrs isn’t bad though. I spent multiple full days on my last 2 builds (I was doing crazy shyt though, like custom water cooling and hard tubes).

I’ve had 2 Alienware PCs in the past. The mobo and psu were cheap and not of high quality. But for your first pc, that doesn’t really matter, as you probably won’t get into overclocking. It’ll play games just fine, you basically just plug it in and set up windows.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I mean I use to be a field tech for a cable company so I have experience working with my hands, maybe it won't be so bad. Gonna watch that long ass video breh posted and see if I'm up for the challenge. If it's true that it costs less and is the better option performance wise then I guess I must stay true to the set and build the shyt