PC gaming is a cotdamn SCAM, come catch these motherfukkin negs!!!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But nobody is arguing the original issue... for $1900 or $1500 or $2400... is the upgrade worth 4x-6x the cost of a ps4? are you getting a good return on investment here?
Yeah it is. To even expound on the return on investment one needs to delve into what they will be doing on their PC.

For starters, the $1500 PC if we kept it strictly about gaming would:

Allow you to play games however you want e.g. framerates up to 165fps which would absolutely look night and day to even 60fps games with Gsync/Freesync
Play at whatever resolution you decide to play at(4K/4K Ultra Wide, 1440P/Ultrawide)
Play with higher graphical details
Play with comfort settings not really applicable on consoles(FOV, better aiming with Mouse/Keyboard)
Play with mods that cannot be done no consoles(First person RE2 mod)
P6r7Hbu4ZQJRpGlYGbIAjKXSeC0UaZzAiJlXqHNW2SnNDJNrrfKphIWbRolTlW6LRRXRlgY1hrCJq4pCnJDG5Emfz5d8xWMFa1xXWl3rkNKPrQzLzQ4YF6W4SbMJrWSitnzQlIRMpj7InE7n=-w600-h400-p

re2modgta_feature.jpg

GTA5-2015-12-07-18-48-57-2060x1159.jpg

GTA V Redux Mod

Pratically every game has a mod that just does things not possible on consoles

Then we can get into the emulator game where you can play whatever console/handheld on your PC at levels not seen before:
Modding MK8 with graphics like this
6zv5CML.jpg

Then you got audio mods, overhaul mods that change a game completely

Then we can get into the things you can do on a PC that you can't on a console which are obvious(thousands of programs) and equipment you can plug it into. I mean at this point you got to be dense as hell to not realize the benefits a PC has over a simple console.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love PC gamers... dude came in here saying how he could play this shyt on ULTRA settings and it wasn't worth the jump from ps4 to pc.. if that is going to cost $1900

The replies immediately come in... well your rig is wrong... well spend more on a better screen... well.....................

But nobody is arguing the original issue... for $1900 or $1500 or $2400... is the upgrade worth 4x-6x the cost of a ps4? are you getting a good return on investment here?

yeah, this guy is obviously trolling, I sold my pro, shyt wasn't even close

also you can play every game in HDR just by switching to window mode and having HDR on your deskstop

Running the game at 1080p on high settings is better than any of the consoles including the X, if you have a 4k display you can see for yourself on youtube lmao, X Box One X barely has games that run at 1080p 60fps why is this even a debate

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Be to stupid to get a professional to help when you level 1

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah it is. To even expound on the return on investment one needs to delve into what they will be doing on their PC.

Allow you to play games however you want e.g. framerates up to 165fps which would absolutely look night and day to even 60fps games with Gsync/Freesync
Play at whatever resolution you decide to play at(4K/4K Ultra Wide, 1440P/Ultrawide)
Play with comfort settings not really applicable on consoles(FOV, better aiming with Mouse/Keyboard)
P6r7Hbu4ZQJRpGlYGbIAjKXSeC0UaZzAiJlXqHNW2SnNDJNrrfKphIWbRolTlW6LRRXRlgY1hrCJq4pCnJDG5Emfz5d8xWMFa1xXWl3rkNKPrQzLzQ4YF6W4SbMJrWSitnzQlIRMpj7InE7n=-w600-h400-p

re2modgta_feature.jpg

GTA V Redux Mod

Then we can get into the emulator game where you can play whatever console/handheld on your PC at levels not seen before:
6zv5CML.jpg

Then we can get into the things you can do on a PC that you can't on a console which are obvious(thousands of programs) and equipment you can plug it into. I mean at this point you got to be dense as hell to not realize the benefits a PC has over a simple console.

yeah, this guy is obviously trolling, I sold my pro, shyt wasn't even close

also you can play every game in HDR just by switching to window mode and having HDR on your deskstop

Running the game at 1080p on high settings is better than any of the consoles including the X, if you have a 4k display you can see for yourself on youtube lmao, X Box One X barely has games that run at 1080p 60fps why is this even a debate
I appreciate y’all actually answering. I for damn sure forgot about all the mods being a huge factor. That gta V looks amazing.

I actually have a pc built for high end video editing. It’s powerful enough to play any game on ultra as well. When you factor all of those things in, there’s no reason why I shouldn’t grab games. Especially older ones, with the mods, I can definitely see grabbing up for the low

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
that shyt looks like medium settings on PC, they did not say it looks better than PC version, you can look at 4k versions of PC on youtube yourself
It looked way better than the base for the consoles for the X because of HDR, thats it, the frame rate is even stable on the X Box One X, which makes the game worst you better of playing it at a lock 30 fps then that jerky ass shyt

like I said if you don't have the hardware to play for real you don't understand
First off, HDR makes a dramatic change. And if you listened Yooooo would have heard them say it looks than the PC version because HDR. Did today reach pc? Yes or no :francis:
As for frame rates, bruh :stop:
On december 27th 2017, a patch was released that took the witcher to version 1.60 which brought 60fps to the Xbox one x version in 4k.

Today is April 25th 2019 and you're still showing lies. So why should anyone listen to you moving forward when you're clearly a Butthurt Sony funboy :wrist:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

re2modgta_feature.jpg

GTA V Redux Mod

6zv5CML.jpg

All that's cool and all, but what about all the disadvantages of PC gaming?

See, if you're here then you interact with others. On PC, your online gaming experience is literally at the mercy of cheaters. There is no game that they don't rule. You wanna play a game on pc you have to contend with the fact some use controllers while others use everything else from keyboards to God mode codes do you can't harm them.

They have robots playing for them

I love the alternative reply of "i can use a controller" yes you can, on a console against other like minded console gamers but what about the PC realm? I've never once heard a PC gamer say a keyboard player infiltrates there controller only modes. They be QUICK to tell you about a keyboard hack exploit on console (quickly patched on Xbox) but again, never heard them admit that would happen on PC at all times :snoop:

So no mention eh, and all the different advice for the original question and outs clear to see that PC gaming is for people who are over 30 and would play the switch in public by themselves...

Tru Story :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
First off, HDR makes a dramatic change. And if you listened Yooooo would have heard them say it looks than the PC version because HDR. Did today reach pc? Yes or no :francis:
As for frame rates, bruh :stop:
On december 27th 2017, a patch was released that took the witcher to version 1.60 which brought 60fps to the Xbox one x version in 4k.

Today is April 25th 2019 and you're still showing lies. So why should anyone listen to you moving forward when you're clearly a Butthurt Sony funboy :wrist:

The PC looks better without HDR plus you can play Witcher 3 in HDR by switching to Borderless Window Mode,

The game is better on PC at 1080p 60 the X version, this is not an opinion its fact, the detail is not even close

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
giphy.gif

I’m a busy man. Seems with every game theres new fukkery to overcome.

And KB/M is part of that.

Don’t even play multiplayer games on pc cause I don’t want to compete with nerds in their basement with KB/M :camby:
I hate kb/m, shyt makes everything feel way too fast and wasd movement feels so awkward compared to a controller.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The PC looks better without HDR plus you can play Witcher 3 in HDR by switching to Borderless Window Mode,

The game is better on PC at 1080p 60 the X version, this is not an opinion its fact, the detail is not even close
Bruh, you are too biased to speak on this :stop: yes I enjoy talking up Xbox but you? You in this thread saying straight up lies about the Xbox version because of your ignorance. You didn't even know it was 60fps so how can you talk about a comparison :stopitslime:

Digital Foundry says it looks better, fact.

Your reply to that is "if you switch to windowless border mode you can trick it to look as good as the Xbox one X version :sadbron:"

Y'all see this clown ass nikka coli fam :laff:
This nikka lying tho, his "trick" doesn't create a real hdr effect because again, there is no hdr patch on pc so it's your monitor trying to upscale an sdr image :ufdup:

But hey, you're content with that and I'm content with this W :win:

I found your receipts, this link is the latest date I found on the subject....
How to launch this game in HDR on PC :: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Discussions

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is where you are absolutely wrong HDR is all over the place on PC.

Some games it’s buggy as fukk. Some games you need to have HDR set to off in windows, some games you need to have it turned on. Some game claim they have HDR but don’t. Some games HDR makes them look worse.

This is one place where the consoles win out, and some games end up looking better on console because of it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, you are too biased to speak on this :stop: yes I enjoy talking up Xbox but you? You in this thread saying straight up lies about the Xbox version because of your ignorance. You didn't even know it was 60fps so how can you talk about a comparison :stopitslime:

Digital Foundry says it looks better, fact.

Your reply to that is "if you switch to windowless border mode you can trick it to look as good as the Xbox one X version :sadbron:"

Y'all see this clown ass nikka coli fam :laff:
This nikka lying tho, his "trick" doesn't create a real hdr effect because again, there is no hdr patch on pc so it's your monitor trying to upscale an sdr image :ufdup:

But hey, you're content with that and I'm content with this W :win:

I found your receipts, this link is the latest date I found on the subject....
How to launch this game in HDR on PC :: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt General Discussions

First off Digital Foundry didn't say it looks better, second of all you can clearly see PC versions of the game on youtube and the shyt isn't even close
, this is without HDR on PC

Windows 10 automatically converts SDR content to HDR, most people don't even know how to calibrate their TVs and don't know how to use it

There is clear difference with the HDR on and off on the games you know how, because I actually have the shyt to compare to
you moron

HDR games like Final Fantasy XV and Mass Effect Andromeda are the same as effect as the Witcher 3 in Window, it works

regardless what same random person in a comment section says, I know because I've done it myself

you don't have the ability to see for yourself thats your problem

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is where you are absolutely wrong HDR is all over the place on PC.

Some games it’s buggy as fukk. Some games you need to have HDR set to off in windows, some games you need to have it turned on. Some game claim they have HDR but don’t. Some games HDR makes them look worse.

This is one place where the consoles win out, and some games end up looking better on console because of it.

most people don't update their drivers or know how to calibrate their TVs, HDR on PC was bad last year, after the windows 10 update it was a huge improvement, when before if I used Window mode it made the game look worst with HDR, after the update there was a huge improvement

and it's not just with games, I keep HDR now even on this website and watching youtube, it looks better than it off and thats all SDR content

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
First off Digital Foundry didn't say it looks better, second of all you can clearly see PC versions of the game on youtube and the shyt isn't even close
, this is without HDR on PC

Windows 10 automatically converts SDR content to HDR, most people don't even know how to calibrate their TVs and don't know how to use it

There is clear difference with the HDR on and off on the games you know how, because I actually have the shyt to compare to
you moron

HDR games like Final Fantasy XV and Mass Effect Andromeda are the same as effect as the Witcher 3 in Window, it works

regardless what same random person in a comment section says, I know because I've done it myself

you don't have the ability to see for yourself thats your problem

Your eyes are broken if you think just turning on HDR in windows makes games look better.

Windows does not convert SDR to HDR, don’t know where you got that nonsense from.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
and it's not just with games, I keep HDR now even on this website and watching youtube, it looks better than it off and thats all SDR content
It doesn’t work like that. The content has to be in HDR or looks washed out and fukked up once you turn on HDR in the windows settings.

It may be your opinion that washed out and fukked up looks “better” but it’s not SDR being converted to HDR or any of that nonsense.