PC Gamers Get In Here

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
ssd only load games faster and get 5-10 fps better, I agree I use ssd myself but it honestly doesn't matter after OS. Companies are building games for lowest end user can play it

1070 ti SLI will run any game (that supports sli) in 1440 144hz, 4k 60 hz well
only the 1060 should be target for 1080p

OP try ashes of singularity

Good mining while GPU are not being used.

preciate the real ass responses :myman:

Saw the thread title and was like :blessed: ahhh we here

Now #PCGang and #GOATBOXGANG at this point the only crew I'm not with is the Larrystation nikkas, but fukk them I hate Sony

Now to the OP, nikkas really shytting on the 1070 :dead:

I got a 1050 Ti and I run 1080p just fine... You nikkas flexing with the Towers of God kill me lol spending all that bread just to be like "Can't run 4K at 144 FPS :rudy::camby:"

Don't forget I spend $3K in the last three months and if you count my phone purchase that's $4K in the last six. I'm 26 with a good job and no kids, I'm liable to put you little nikkas to shame just wait on it :ufdup:

breh part of the reason i fell off computer gaming is the wanton elitism with these things

like dahell i need 4k for unless i got a movie projector :russell: gaming is fun but if you past 25 and you spend more than 2hours a day gaming you may as well commit that :sitdown:

edit Proud PS4 owner :mj:

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Son u sound foolish. U should just leave this subject alone. I dont need to look at some fukkin Youtube when ive been dealing with this equipment for years. Maybe u need to get off Youtube and get some life experience. U sound ridiculous and completely ignorant on this subject.

Okay so besides telling me I'm ridiculous and foolish, actually provide some evidence. I already linked a vid and the rest of the statistics you can google. Or are you just going to parrot everyone else like a drone? Tell me how paying 100% more for less space and a more faulty product is sanity? So for the price of one SSD, I can get 4 HDD's...if we look passed the pricing, unless you're repacking and reading and writing to your disk all the time, you aren't going to notice much of a difference.

The only plus is a 10 second loading speed difference...so that justifies the 250+ dollar price tag? Nah son, you sound foolish.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
preciate the real ass responses :myman:

breh part of the reason i fell off computer gaming is the wanton elitism with these things

like dahell i need 4k for unless i got a movie projector :russell: gaming is fun but if you past 25 and you spend more than 2hours a day gaming you may as well commit that :sitdown:

edit Proud PS4 owner :mj:

you are literally a moderator of a fukkin internet forum telling people how long its acceptable to play video games bruh I'm schleeeeepp

I just bought hunt showdown anybody tryna play wit me holla at me steam is mafia1st

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Okay so besides telling me I'm ridiculous and foolish, actually provide some evidence. I already linked a vid and the rest of the statistics you can google. Or are you just going to parrot everyone else like a drone? Tell me how paying 100% more for less space and a more faulty product is sanity? So for the price of one SSD, I can get 4 HDD's...if we look passed the pricing, unless you're repacking and reading and writing to your disk all the time, you aren't going to notice much of a difference.

The only plus is a 10 second loading speed difference...so that justifies the 250+ dollar price tag? Nah son, you sound foolish.
more faulty? I would assume that wouldn't be the case, since a SSD has no moving parts. I've personally had a few HDD's fail (fukk Seagate), but never had issues with a SSD

you can get a 120gb SSD, for your OS and (non-game) programs, for $50. a 500gb Samsung Evo for $150. I really don't care how many TB's of HDD space I could buy for that much, because I don't need all that. I got a HDD and externals for my MP3's and shyt

like I said before, it's pretty much the cheapest upgrade that will give you the most noticeable results. you could upgrade from 8gb of RAM, to 64gb, and you probably wouldn't see any difference in your day-to-day use. same with upgrading your CPU. you'll only see a difference if you were struggling in the first place. and none of that costs $50

-faster boot. faster reboot
-it makes everything feel more responsive
-faster for Windows page file (buy more memory, amiright?)
-no moving parts
-no grinding sound
-uses less power
-faster loading times
-less hitching loading between areas, auto-saving, etc

you keep saying loading doesn't matter in open world games, but I played Skyrim on a HDD :ufdup: . spent mad time rotating objects on those loading screens. played it again later on a SSD, and the loading screens went away before I could get bored enough to mess with the object

playing multiplayer games, and your SSD homies gotta wait for your slow ass to load in the game :bryan:

this PC gaming fam. we got money for a better experience. what keyboard you got? :sas1:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
more faulty? I would assume that wouldn't be the case, since a SSD has no moving parts. I've personally had a few HDD's fail (fukk Seagate), but never had issues with a SSD

you can get a 120gb SSD, for your OS and (non-game) programs, for $50. a 500gb Samsung Evo for $150. I really don't care how many TB's of HDD space I could buy for that much, because I don't need all that. I got a HDD and externals for my MP3's and shyt

like I said before, it's pretty much the cheapest upgrade that will give you the most noticeable results. you could upgrade from 8gb of RAM, to 64gb, and you probably wouldn't see any difference in your day-to-day use. same with upgrading your CPU. you'll only see a difference if you were struggling in the first place. and none of that costs $50

-no moving parts
-no grinding sound
-uses less power
-faster loading times

you keep saying loading doesn't matter in open world games, but I played Skyrim on a HDD :ufdup: . spent mad time rotating objects on those loading screens. played it again later on a SSD, and the loading screens went away before I could get bored enough to mess with the object

playing multiplayer games, and your SSD homies gotta wait for your slow ass to load in the game :bryan:

this PC gaming fam. we got money for a better experience. what keyboard you got? :sas1:
Nothing but truth here :wow:

Lemme play AC:O on a HDD right quick (or right slow...:dead:)

like you said, it's the cheapest upgrade you can buy that will get you the most difference.

HDD gang :camby:

What the fukk is this, like 2010 or some shyt? :smh:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you are literally a moderator of a fukkin internet forum telling people how long its acceptable to play video games bruh I'm schleeeeepp

I just bought hunt showdown anybody tryna play wit me holla at me steam is mafia1st
check my join date :yeshrug:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
on topic i got a free $100 gift card so i went and got this

good deal? :jbhmm:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
on topic i got a free $100 gift card so i went and got this

good deal? :jbhmm:

ANY SSD is a good upgrade. I would have went with Samsung, but Sandisk is good. Warranty coverage is solid if anything goes wrong with it.

Are you cloning your OS over? Macrium Reflect Free

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys

-no moving parts
-no grinding sound
-uses less power
-faster loading times

Few things;

-Faster boot/faster reboot; Fair point, but again, not really an issue if you already have a lot of RAM...though I'm not spending $250+ for faster boot times. thats just silly.

-More RAM = more responsive programs. Moot point.

-Moving parts are fine, do you know how a PC works? You GPU, fans and pumps(if you have them) all have or are, moving parts.

-10 second faster loading times....on already long loading screens....kinda moot, especially if we're talking about loading times on games like GTA wherein you wait 1-2 minutes, now you're only waiting one. Not a huge deal.

-Less hitching and loading between areas is case by case, which is they chose Tomb Raider and GTA for hard data.

Where you playing Skyrim on PC? because I've streamed Skyrim (with mods) on an HDD with no hiccups. To be fair, I also have a very optimized system for playing games.

As for multiplayer games....not really an issue if you have sufficient ram and a good ISP. Again, I stream seamlessly both Overwatch and SFV, no hiccups. YMMV, but I'm doing fine. Also; using the logitech g410, I prefer ten key-less boards.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Few things;

-Faster boot/faster reboot; Fair point, but again, not really an issue if you already have a lot of RAM...though I'm not spending $250+ for faster boot times. thats just silly.

you don't have to spend $250 on a SSD. not to mention RAM prices are high now

-More RAM = more responsive programs. Moot point.

Windows doesn't just load every program into memory :what:

-Moving parts are fine, do you know how a PC works? You GPU, fans and pumps(if you have them) all have or are, moving parts.

more moving parts means more chance of mechanical failure. not to mention more noise and power use. a mechanical HDD has to spin that platter

-10 second faster loading times....on already long loading screens....kinda moot, especially if we're talking about loading times on games like GTA wherein you wait 1-2 minutes, now you're only waiting one. Not a huge deal.

again, I don't know how cutting load times in half isn't significant. I guess you enjoy loading screens. no they're not a "huge deal", but I could say that about many 'quality of life' improvements technology brings

-Less hitching and loading between areas is case by case, which is they chose Tomb Raider and GTA for hard data.

yeah case by case, and when it happens a SSD helps

Where you playing Skyrim on PC? because I've streamed Skyrim (with mods) on an HDD with no hiccups. To be fair, I also have a very optimized system for playing games.

I didn't say it had "hiccups". I said it had long loading screens, and you do encounter them pretty often

As for multiplayer games....not really an issue if you have sufficient ram and a good ISP.

again, more RAM isn't gonna make the game load quicker

Again, I stream seamlessly both Overwatch and SFV, no hiccups. YMMV, but I'm doing fine. Also; using the logitech g410, I prefer ten key-less boards.
I need a numpad. I have a Corsair K-70 (cherry mx red) and Ducky One (cherry mx brown)