PC Gamers Get In Here

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Regarding RTS suggestions--not sure if you looking for only the base building C&C/Warcraft/Starcraft type stuff or just any thing with an RTS tag on it, but here are some the recent stuff I've seen or played that is noteworthy:

RimWorld (addicting; early access/beta, but well worth the $30)
FTL: Faster Than Light (GOAT indie game, difficult, not for the weak)
Total War: WARHAMMER I & II
Tooth and Tail
Kingdoms and Castles
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Microsoft Store only)
Northgard
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
They Are Billions (early access, played for about 10 hours and then shelved it; probably return to it later on)
Abandon Ship (early access; billed as FTL with pirate ships on the ocean)
SpellForce 3
Cossacks 3
Steel Division: Normandy 44
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition (Microsoft Store only)
This is a good list and then throw in Rise of Nations: Extended Edition.

Look into Shogun 2. MAYBE Valkyria Chronicles, but that's different and you probably played that on the PS3 @MMS

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Were you really mining with those GPUs btw? What was the return on that? I always felt like mining BTC and ETH really wasn't brining much back in return these days?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Were you really mining with those GPUs btw? What was the return on that? I always felt like mining BTC and ETH really wasn't brining much back in return these days?
It’s not. He must be mininging other shyt. I’ve done the math, and mining is not cost efficient. That ship sailed a couple of years ago. It’s better to buy during a crash and sell later. Mining is bullshyt :camby:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It’s not. He must be mininging other shyt. I’ve done the math, and mining is not cost efficient. That ship sailed a couple of years ago. It’s better to buy during a crash and sell later. Mining is bullshyt :camby:
I mine Burst because I had so much storage space. GPU mining is pretty much dead IMO.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Side note: Nobody is fukking with my shyt, except @spliz

Step your shyt up :ufdup:

We rock 10-core CPUs and Titan Xs around this bytch. Step up :ufdup:
Don't make me upgrade my sli Titan Xp's to Titan V's. I'll do it
nzCjvxz.gif

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
mining equihash and its about $6 per day ($170-200 a month depending on your elec costs)

i spent 450 for both cards, they running about $800+ right now on amazon

mining not dead at all but this isnt a get rich stream, just saw an opportunity to finance upgrades to the computer for free.... so looking at an ROI of about 6 months

how did i know folks was gonna come in here talkin about i coulda spent $3k to have the best to play flash games :stopitslime: this why i knew pc gaming was dead back in 2013. Was hoping to see what was in the pipeline for VR

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
You're stretching it depending on the games you play. I don't know what motherboard you have but if a 4th gen i7 is compatible I'd upgrade.

Then again it depends on what games you're trying to play, and I don't know shyt about mining except GPUs are more important. And upgrade to a 4th gen i7 probably isn't worth it unless you check the used market. Because newer gen i5s and i7s are cheaper new. But then you'd have to throw down $90 to $150 on a new motherboard and upgrade to DD4 ram which is inflated in price right now.
motherboard is an ASRock Z77 Pro 3, had exacty two PCI-E slots

fwiw i think one of the slots is x16 and the other is x4

ram

1070tis
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, EVGA OCX Scanner OC, White LED, DX12OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-5671-KR
^^^I did not pay $800+ :whoa:

folks saying that GPU mining dead dont mine

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
1070 ti :picard:

No SSD:picard:

1080p monitors :scust:

j0hR6q8.gif

Aint nothing master race about that fam :scust:

SSD's are pointless unless you're reading and writing a lot. And since I think OP isn't burning and or repacking games, he's fine. Especially since for the price of one ssd I can get 5 HDD's.

The GTX 1070ti is benchmarking Shadow of War and Grand Theft Auto V on ultra - 60fps.

The most sold monitors in pc gamings are 1080p...buying 2-4k is worthless since no games are optimized for it, and even then who would notice?

You need to do some research son. :smugdraper:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
SSD's are pointless unless you're reading and writing a lot. And since I think OP isn't burning and or repacking games, he's fine. Especially since for the price of one ssd I can get 5 HDD's.

The GTX 1070ti is benchmarking Shadow of War and Grand Theft Auto V on ultra - 60fps.

The most sold monitors in pc gamings are 1080p...buying 2-4k is worthless since no games are optimized for it, and even then who would notice?

You need to do some research son. :smugdraper:

What the fukk does "burning and repacking games" have to do with an SSD :mjlol:...What is "repacking games" period

Who would notice the difference between 1080p and 4k:mjlol::dead:

Hop back in a PS4 or Xbox thread breh :mjlol:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I would start with, the bitcoin bit, don't bother, its like penny stocks all over again, rather, it has the potential to be. There's nothing different from crpyto currency than any other currency. No way are the governments gonna allow that, then there's the fundamental flaws with it in general. Bitcoin (as a currency) is no more useful at 20k as it is 100k. It has no float...I didn't take it seriously at that point. Then Olaf sells his huge share and starts mentioning Bitcash...classic pump and dump. Try to sell your shares or just stop. Its not worth it.

Your rig is fine to run everything currently, so the RTS I would go into are; Starcaft 2 (obviously), Rome/Shogun Total War, and Company of Heroes.