PC Gamers Get In Here

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
What the fukk does "burning and repacking games" have to do with an SSD :mjlol:...What is "repacking games" period

Who would notice the difference between 1080p and 4k:mjlol::dead:

Hop back in a PS4 or Xbox thread breh :mjlol:

If you don't know what SSD's are used for primarily, best just step out of the forum or stop parroting nerds on tech. Either, you know what they say about try hards....

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Do some research.
some research? I game on PC

like most people, I doubted SSD's at first. then I thought I only needed one for the OS and certain games.... now I have 3 SSD's. when I use a PC without a SSD it's like watching paint dry

SSD's are the truth. it's probably the cheapest upgrade that will give you the most significant results

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I would start with, the bitcoin bit, don't bother, its like penny stocks all over again, rather, it has the potential to be. There's nothing different from crpyto currency than any other currency. No way are the governments gonna allow that, then there's the fundamental flaws with it in general. Bitcoin (as a currency) is no more useful at 20k as it is 100k. It has no float...I didn't take it seriously at that point. Then Olaf sells his huge share and starts mentioning Bitcash...classic pump and dump. Try to sell your shares or just stop. Its not worth it.

Your rig is fine to run everything currently, so the RTS I would go into are; Starcaft 2 (obviously), Rome/Shogun Total War, and Company of Heroes.

I mine directly to my wallet on coinbase and sell, no risk except not gettin atleast a decent game out of my "average" rig apparently :skip:

i already have starcraft 2 and just picked up the AOE definitive addition. Also had shogun total war

newer games havent come out in this long????? Those games were mentioned when i originally built the rig in 2012 :dahell:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Yo, what the fukk :dahell:

Don't get SSDs cuz they're not really faster :dahell:

Don't game at 4K, as it's no different than 1080p :dahell:

What the fukk? :dahell:

Breh sounds like some of my computer illiterate friends who watch a 5 minute youtube clip about ssd's and all of a sudden they an expert:mjlol:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Why no SSD?

I can't run shyt except for videos, music, and podcasts off an HDD :hhh:
ssd only load games faster and get 5-10 fps better, I agree I use ssd myself but it honestly doesn't matter after OS. Companies are building games for lowest end user can play it

Faster than Light, and that new game they made will help you out with RTS.

1070ti is a good card at 1080p, but if you wanna go higher, you'd get a new GPU.

Xcom is a great RTS game as well (I hate it, but everyone else seems to love it :manny:)

1070 ti SLI will run any game (that supports sli) in 1440 144hz, 4k 60 hz well
only the 1060 should be target for 1080p

OP try ashes of singularity

Good mining while GPU are not being used.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
ssd only load games faster and get 5-10 fps better, I agree I use ssd myself but it honestly doesn't matter after OS

1070 ti SLI will run any game in 1440 144hz, 4k 60 hz well
Nah, breh. I actually game at 4k 60hz. The goddamn 1070ti isn't cutting it at ultra (if you lower settings, then maybe it would though....). I run 2 (two!!!) titan X pascals, and I still cant run every game at 4K, 60fps, ultra. :manny:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Nah, breh. I actually game at 4k 60hz. The goddamn 1070ti isn't cutting it at ultra (if you lower settings, then maybe it would though....). I run 2 (two!!!) titan X pascals, and I still cant run every game at 4K, 60fps, ultra. :manny:
True but op has enough to run any option with decent settings (1080, 1440, 4k), next wave of cards will fix this issue. I can't wait for 4K 144hz monitors to come out.

Next upgrade should be your CPU/Mobo/Ram honestly OP

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
ssd only load games faster and get 5-10 fps better, I agree I use ssd myself but it honestly doesn't matter after OS. Companies are building games for lowest end user can play it

1070 ti SLI will run any game (that supports sli) in 1440 144hz, 4k 60 hz well

OP try ashes of singularity

Good mining while GPU are not being used.
Companies are building games where the money is at which is consoles. If it gets ported to PC properly regardless of specs it's always a gamble even though that is getting better.

But running the OS off an SSD is one of the most important upgrades to a PC. Running large games off of it too is a huge advantage also just because the way games load assets. Open world shyt benefits greatly while a regular game is just loading times.

• Dap
Reactions: MMA

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
mining equihash and its about $6 per day ($170-200 a month depending on your elec costs)

i spent 450 for both cards, they running about $800+ right now on amazon

mining not dead at all but this isnt a get rich stream, just saw an opportunity to finance upgrades to the computer for free.... so looking at an ROI of about 6 months

how did i know folks was gonna come in here talkin about i coulda spent $3k to have the best to play flash games :stopitslime: this why i knew pc gaming was dead back in 2013. Was hoping to see what was in the pipeline for VR
$6 is not bad. Not a bad way to get parts paid off indeed. I would definitely hold on to BTC/ETH/XMR however as the market is going to explode in a few years.

Also, PC gaming is not dead. Consoles are still trying to play catch up :ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
$6 is not bad. Not a bad way to get parts paid off indeed. I would definitely hold on to BTC/ETH/XMR however as the market is going to explode in a few years.

Also, PC gaming is not dead. Consoles are still trying to play catch up :ufdup:
its hard to call it for me. Cause if what i think happens - decentralisation will not fly and superior tech will still be owned by sovereign countries the odds of that value being tied to existing crypto is low

or what some say that countries will simply accept one (or more) as a payment platform and the value spikes i just have a hard time seeing. :francis: especially knowing the electronic warfare that has yet to truly rear its head

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
SSD's are pointless unless you're reading and writing a lot. And since I think OP isn't burning and or repacking games, he's fine. Especially since for the price of one ssd I can get 5 HDD's.

The GTX 1070ti is benchmarking Shadow of War and Grand Theft Auto V on ultra - 60fps.

The most sold monitors in pc gamings are 1080p...buying 2-4k is worthless since no games are optimized for it, and even then who would notice?

You need to do some research son. :smugdraper:

Anything you do will require a read, even if just initially. SSDs help everywhere. I myself just go the hybrid route since I need mass storage and don't have a flurry of applications I regularly use. I still do own an SSD just for Steam. It's the best upgrade you can do to have immediate results.

I try not to down on anyone's setup because they have what they have. The best part is you can get what you need and want as freely as possible. 1070 at 1080p is perfectly serviceable if that's what you want. I wouldn't say 2k or 4k is worthless. It's not for me personally until the high refresh rates come in at reasonable prices.

All this clashing when we should be patting breh on the back for the conversion.