PC Gamers Get In Here

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
SSD's are pointless unless you're reading and writing a lot. And since I think OP isn't burning and or repacking games, he's fine. Especially since for the price of one ssd I can get 5 HDD's.

The GTX 1070ti is benchmarking Shadow of War and Grand Theft Auto V on ultra - 60fps.

The most sold monitors in pc gamings are 1080p...buying 2-4k is worthless since no games are optimized for it, and even then who would notice?

You need to do some research son. :smugdraper:
SSD worthless? :what: nikka u buggin. And best monitors image quality and performance wise are 1440p. Not 1080p. 4K monitors got the image quality but they not up to 1440p monitors when it comes to performance right now. 1440p is the def the sweet spot.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Companies are building games where the money is at which is consoles. If it gets ported to PC properly regardless of specs it's always a gamble even though that is getting better.

But running the OS off an SSD is one of the most important upgrades to a PC. Running large games off of it too is a huge advantage also just because the way games load assets. Open world shyt benefits greatly while a regular game is just loading times.
You are right if OP said he was playing games that involved playing with others that you require fast loads between, I would agree but it seems like he is flying it solo with strategy. Everyone should have an SSD anyways but I don't think people building pc don't need to drop 300-1000 plus to store a few games. Get a simple 250-500gb ssd. Once you have a proper gpu and cpu/ram setup. Then buy into more ssd storage for mass storage gaming later on. Maybe some of y'all are different but I have over 4tb of games on SSD with games being so large now a days.. ssd still aren't cheap compared to hdd and the performance difference outside of multiplayer games is not worth it in my opinion.

OP path of upgrade should be 1440/4k monitor > cpu/mobo/ram > ssd > next gen gpu
unless he doesn't even have an ssd then get that first

Almost 500gb of ssd for 99.99 - Patriot Memory 480 GB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Newegg.com

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
SSD worthless? :what: nikka u buggin. And best monitors image quality and performance wise are 1440p. Not 1080p. 4K monitors got the image quality but they not up to 1440p monitors when it comes to performance right now. 1440p is the def the sweet spot.

Again, worthless if you're just looking to just game on the PC. Worth the price if you read and write to your partition a lot. Please do the research before you blindly reply to my posts. Actually go check out some videos, Youtube is your friend. As for the whole 4k/1440 debate, a double blind was already done (a few actually) to not bog you down with numbers....the conclusion was; people are full of shyt, and can't tell the difference.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Anything you do will require a read, even if just initially. SSDs help everywhere. I myself just go the hybrid route since I need mass storage and don't have a flurry of applications I regularly use. I still do own an SSD just for Steam. It's the best upgrade you can do to have immediate results.

I try not to down on anyone's setup because they have what they have. The best part is you can get what you need and want as freely as possible. 1070 at 1080p is perfectly serviceable if that's what you want. I wouldn't say 2k or 4k is worthless. It's not for me personally until the high refresh rates come in at reasonable prices.

All this clashing when we should be patting breh on the back for the conversion.

The advice was a given, if you think you need SSD's to game effectively, then you're wrong. Yes everything you do is read-based per say. But if you're just looking to play games and nothing else...they aren't much needed. Plenty of vids have been done on this issue. The truth is; HDD's still run the market, because no one is repacking or burning games...rather, its a very small population that does. SSD's are highly specific when it comes to the job being done. They are not "make my machine faster" devices like everyone totes them to be. Again, do the research.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
SSD are pointless LMAOOOOOOOOO

Pointless if you're looking just to game. You're more than likely new to the whole SSD thing, which is why you're parroting a lot of neophytes on the matter. Here, since you and a lot of people on here have no idea how to use a search engine.

So that's 10-11 seconds faster at loading games...to me thats worthless considering you're loading open world games. A 10 second speed difference isn't worth the price of 5 HDD's...if you think it does, you're seriously inept. Again, reading/writing files is where SSD's really shine, but if you're not repacking/burning games, its pointless to spend that much money on something with shytty longevity rates and less space. I'd sooner spend $200+ on RAM, CPU, or a GPU. They're the new shiny, so everyone jumps on them, but until the price drops down dramatically, they're completely worthless*.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
10 seconds isn't significant? :heh:

listen breh, apparently you don't have first hand experience with SSD's. but some of us do, and I don't need a youtube video to tell me how my experience will be different

it is mostly a 'quality of life' thing, as it makes everything snappier. thing is you try to look at just one aspect. when you add it all up (faster boot times, faster load times, more snappy response, better texture streaming, etc) it makes for a much better experience

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
10 seconds isn't significant? :heh:

listen breh, apparently you don't have first hand experience with SSD's. but some of us do, and I don't need a youtube video to tell me how my experience will be different

it is mostly a 'quality of life' thing, as it makes everything snappier. thing is you try to look at just one aspect. when you add it all up (faster boot times, faster load times, more snappy response, better texture streaming, etc) it makes for a much better experience

It's insignificant, if you're loading an open world game wherein you won't see a loading screen for a while. Its insignificant if you're weighing the options of cheaper priced hard drives for a bigger bang. As for faster boot/texture streaming; Not much. Initial loading, mostly. Texture pop-in/out is a matter of managing your VRAM. The game will typically have the textures in its own memory, to put into VRAM. Then, when it spills out of its memory--with a 32-bit game that's sure to happen--the texture files will still be in the OS' file cache. Thats obviously case by case...and even then, there's rarely any streaming that exceeds 20mb/sec.

So you'd pay 200% more than the default hard drive price for 10 seconds of faster loading? That's just dumb on several levels.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It's insignificant, if you're loading an open world game wherein you won't see a loading screen for a while. Its insignificant if you're weighing the options of cheaper priced hard drives for a bigger bang. As for faster boot/texture streaming; Not much. Initial loading, mostly. Texture pop-in/out is a matter of managing your VRAM. The game will typically have the textures in its own memory, to put into VRAM. Then, when it spills out of its memory--with a 32-bit game that's sure to happen--the texture files will still be in the OS' file cache. Thats obviously case by case...and even then, there's rarely any streaming that exceeds 20mb/sec.

So you'd pay 200% more than the default hard drive price for 10 seconds of faster loading? That's just dumb on several levels.
No.

A windows 10 machine is damn near unusable without an SSD and I find it offensive to a tech forum that you are posting like this.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Saw the thread title and was like :blessed: ahhh we here

Now #PCGang and #GOATBOXGANG at this point the only crew I'm not with is the Larrystation nikkas, but fukk them I hate Sony

Now to the OP, nikkas really shytting on the 1070 :dead:

I got a 1050 Ti and I run 1080p just fine... You nikkas flexing with the Towers of God kill me lol spending all that bread just to be like "Can't run 4K at 144 FPS :rudy::camby:"

Don't forget I spend $3K in the last three months and if you count my phone purchase that's $4K in the last six. I'm 26 with a good job and no kids, I'm liable to put you little nikkas to shame just wait on it :ufdup:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Saw the thread title and was like :blessed: ahhh we here

Now #PCGang and #GOATBOXGANG at this point the only crew I'm not with is the Larrystation nikkas, but fukk them I hate Sony

Now to the OP, nikkas really shytting on the 1070 :dead:

I got a 1050 Ti and I run 1080p just fine... You nikkas flexing with the Towers of God kill me lol spending all that bread just to be like "Can't run 4K at 144 FPS :rudy::camby:"

Don't forget I spend $3K in the last three months and if you count my phone purchase that's $4K in the last six. I'm 26 with a good job and no kids, I'm liable to put you little nikkas to shame just wait on it :ufdup:

nobody was shytting on the 1070, just saying its not the god card.

and you sound mad insecure like a woman complaining about the shyt.

i got all this, i spent this, i spent that..... cut it out, shyts unbecoming

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
nobody was shytting on the 1070, just saying its not the god card.

and you sound mad insecure like a woman complaining about the shyt.

i got all this, i spent this, i spent that..... cut it out, shyts unbecoming
Project your own insecurities onto others brehs

I'm the first to admit I shouldn't be spending like this lol I have a problem...I love to shop and people say that's feminine so maybe you're on to something :patrice:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:ufdup: Using Win10 currently. Nice try, troll somewhere else.
d916b543-59ee-456e-b677-53916402f2d7

:mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Again, worthless if you're just looking to just game on the PC. Worth the price if you read and write to your partition a lot. Please do the research before you blindly reply to my posts. Actually go check out some videos, Youtube is your friend. As for the whole 4k/1440 debate, a double blind was already done (a few actually) to not bog you down with numbers....the conclusion was; people are full of shyt, and can't tell the difference.
Son u sound foolish. U should just leave this subject alone. I dont need to look at some fukkin Youtube when ive been dealing with this equipment for years. Maybe u need to get off Youtube and get some life experience. U sound ridiculous and completely ignorant on this subject.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Son u sound foolish. U should just leave this subject alone. I dont need to look at some fukkin Youtube when ive been dealing with this equipment for years. Maybe u need to get off Youtube and get some life experience. U sound ridiculous and completely ignorant on this subject.
SSD's are a scam breh. I went back to using floppies