• Poll closed .

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Thurman Thought About Taking a Knee in Fifth Round

Tampa, Florida - Keith Thurman improved his record to 26-0 with 22 KO’s when he defeated Luis Collazo by 8th round TKO last night in the USF Sun Dome. But the victor wasn’t without a scare. In the 5th round, Collazo landed a big left hand to the body that had hurt Thurman and had him reeling to end the 5th round. Thurman says he got hit with a perfect shot.

“That was a beautiful left hook that he (Collazo) threw,” Thurman told BoxingScene.com. “It was a mixed shot, slight left hook, slight left uppercut. I was extended and couldn’t get my arm back to block the shot. It was a perfect shot.”

Thurman says the majority of his wind was gone and had even thought about taking a knee.

“I say 95 percent of my wind was gone but with the 5 percent that I had left, it went to my brain I thought about taking a knee,” stated Thurman. “But as soon as I thought about taking a knee, something in my voice said not to take knee, ‘you’re stronger than that boy, keep fighting.’ So I did. Then he hit me with a second body shot. I know a lot of people saw the 1st one but I don’t know if you saw the second one. It hurt again. Mike Tyson called this sport the pain game. Sometimes you got to give a little and take a little. I took a little that round and I gave a lot more. It was the best body shot I ever took in my life.

Thurman knew there wasn’t much time left in the round but still wanted to be more defensive, even doing something he doesn’t normally do, hold

“I knew the round and most of it had gone by. I knew there was enough time to get hurt more and get hurt bad. But I endured and got by. I tried holding a bit. Holding is not something I do. When it’s necessary it’s necessary. We survived the round and recovered. We used a portion of that next round to fully recover and we got the TKO victory.”

6qpurrq.gif

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Id love to see Broner vs Thurman, from the bottom of my spirit i feel a wild fighter that throws one or two shots is tailor made for Broner who will stand in the pocket and counter him..Let the two bum nikkas fight:pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This fight wasn't good "on paper" until Floyd said they should fight. He hasn't come close to doing ANYTHING that should get him a fight with a top welterweight.

Thurman/Khan is a real good fight.

spence/thurman been in boxing news since the guerrero fight, you just late to the party

collazo isn't ranked near the top ten anywhere so why did thurman fight him what made him worthy

also you are forgetting spence called thurman before that video with floyd came out also spence has been associated with floyd's name since he gave him the black eye so this dumb ass "people are saying because floyd brought it up" is just dumb stan talk

also thurman has been marketed highly and hasn't fought any of his peers, he's not a real champion, the WBA belt he has is a paper belt nobody even calls him champ

people want to see the young names fight each other

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
spence/thurman been in boxing news since the guerrero fight, you just late to the party

collazo isn't ranked near the top ten anywhere so why did thurman fight him what made him worthy

also you are forgetting spence called thurman before that video with floyd came out also spence has been associated with floyd's name since he gave him the black eye so this dumb ass "people are saying because floyd brought it up" is just dumb stan talk

also thurman has been marketed highly and hasn't fought any of his peers, he's not a real champion, the WBA belt he has is a paper belt nobody even calls him champ

people want to see the young names fight each other

Go ahead and find me 1 post of you mentioning this fight before 6/20 then playboy. should be easy work. :cmsas1:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Thurman Thought About Taking a Knee in Fifth Round

Tampa, Florida - Keith Thurman improved his record to 26-0 with 22 KO’s when he defeated Luis Collazo by 8th round TKO last night in the USF Sun Dome. But the victor wasn’t without a scare. In the 5th round, Collazo landed a big left hand to the body that had hurt Thurman and had him reeling to end the 5th round. Thurman says he got hit with a perfect shot.

“That was a beautiful left hook that he (Collazo) threw,” Thurman told BoxingScene.com. “It was a mixed shot, slight left hook, slight left uppercut. I was extended and couldn’t get my arm back to block the shot. It was a perfect shot.”

Thurman says the majority of his wind was gone and had even thought about taking a knee.

“I say 95 percent of my wind was gone but with the 5 percent that I had left, it went to my brain I thought about taking a knee,” stated Thurman. “But as soon as I thought about taking a knee, something in my voice said not to take knee, ‘you’re stronger than that boy, keep fighting.’ So I did. Then he hit me with a second body shot. I know a lot of people saw the 1st one but I don’t know if you saw the second one. It hurt again. Mike Tyson called this sport the pain game. Sometimes you got to give a little and take a little. I took a little that round and I gave a lot more. It was the best body shot I ever took in my life.

Thurman knew there wasn’t much time left in the round but still wanted to be more defensive, even doing something he doesn’t normally do, hold

“I knew the round and most of it had gone by. I knew there was enough time to get hurt more and get hurt bad. But I endured and got by. I tried holding a bit. Holding is not something I do. When it’s necessary it’s necessary. We survived the round and recovered. We used a portion of that next round to fully recover and we got the TKO victory.”

6qpurrq.gif

That looks brutal in slow mo :francis:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
you realize the world doesn't revolve around this forum

people aren't just talking about on this forum they are talking about everywhere because spence just recently called him out

Well you being the Master Teacher of this forum I thought you would have at least one post discussing a fight that was supposedly setting the boxing world on fire before 6/20 :francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well you being the Master Teacher of this forum I thought you would have at least one post discussing a fight that was supposedly setting the boxing world on fire before 6/20 :francis:

all the boxing youtubes been talking about spence and thurman fighting since the guerrero fight it's just now getting bubbling because spence called him out himself

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
all the boxing youtubes been talking about spence and thurman fighting since the guerrero fight it's just now getting bubbling because spence called him out himself

So you're saying Spence who hasn't even beaten a gatekeeper and hasn't had a fight against a nikka who had a full camp yet should fight Thurman :francis: and you're saying this because you feel this way, not because Floyd mentioned it even though you're one of his biggest stans on here :francis:

Like I said find me one post and I'll believe you :francis: