PAWG Lovers, Would You Be Sad If Your Grandkids Don't Acknowledge Their Blackness

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Honestly...why the fukk are you all worried about some kids that arent even here yet?
I dont care what these hypothetical kids do/think, not my problem.

By the time people our age have grand kids they are going to be dramatically different than the typical Coli backwards mindset. So it doesnt matter what you do, they arent going to understand your way of life.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
If my son was a @GreatestLaker I'd be thoroughly ashamed. I get that he's proud and accepts both sides of his heritage equally but he's all too happy to shyt on black people and act as if being biracial makes him superior by default. If your child is thinking that way you fukked up tremendously in raising them.
Shut your monkey looking ass up. :rudy:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
according to the soul patrol' of the board...it's the one drop rule that "society" has created that makes them black.

You can be 99.0% white and look like Elmer Fudd but that .1% has tagged you for life in their opinion.

society my ass... that was WHITE people's determination for their own people... see some white people back in the day did have black blood. slave masters was fukking them black slaves too. and just like this, it would get passed down and maybe a kid later on would look completely white......

but when it came to do who was gonna be oppressed and who was gonna be lynched and who would be a slave, if you had one drop of black, you're a ****** and get your black ass to work

which is funny now that when obama calls himself the first black president, it be the same white people trying to get on him for that.

all in all though, my son is mixed.. the only way his kids wouldn't know that, is if he didn't tell them or wasn't in their life... which would also mean that kid wasn't in my life or raised around my family either.. cause really, what type of deadbeat ass dad wouldn't have his kids, and his grandkids, involved in his own family's life???

kids don't get racist on their own. they learn it.. and if you around and loved and seen and taken care of by black people, in your family, on a daily basis.. how in the hell you gonna forget about it and hate them one day

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I am the product of a mixture similar to that. While there was a push from my mom to acknowledge african history, by the time my sister and I were 10, we both rejected it, and my mother seemed a little saddened by that but she accepted it.

My mom doesn't say "ax" (ask) or boff (both), so we never picked up that accent. The majority of her siblings and other family members do though.

We both look 100% Malay or SEA, which is the race of our father. We both have straight hair and Malay appearances. That has determined so much of our lives I feel. Since we don't look like we have an ounce of SSA, but genetically we are around 30% Sub-Sarahan African. Thats more than Soledad O'brian. I find it hard to believe to this day.

Between me and her, I am the only one that has somewhat embraced black culture. I liked hip-hop and I also always watched black movies. She has 100% rejected everything black, and has little to no contact with our Black family. I also have 1 black friend, and she has no black friends and has never had a black friend or boyfriend in her life. She is currently married to white man who isn't the biggest fan of Liberal politics, and has said insulting things about the NAACP and other black institutions.

I read and hear stories about mixed black people, and I have never once heard a story that was similar to the lives of my Sister and I. We live and operate in a world that is not within the realm of black people or the black community, and somehow we are 30% black. Never once have we been acknowledged as being black people by anyone (including blacks), and honestly, we have never once identified as being black. Sure, we may say that we are mixed (I rarely say that I am mixed unless I feel it benefits me), but our circle of friends, associates and lovers seem to say that we are not african Americans.

i'm not even all the way black... it's crazy.. i'm dark as :ufdup: but my two great grandparents, on either side.. were full native american. so somewhere in that breakdown, it runs in my blood around 10-30%.. (who really knows the exact percent)

but even tho i don't look it, have no features, and really have never researched it... i do CARE.. i would love to know my history.. shyt i'd love to know my family breakdown back to slavery and before if i could. i remember doing a family crest project in middle school.. i was the only black kid in the class and the only one who had to make one up... imagine being able to trace your history back thousands of years and say "my family did that"

so really what i'm asking is.... how the hell do you turn that away. i would NEVER deny what i am. they don't consider me biracial.. but even my damn facebook has native american and black on it. anywhere else they'd let me put it, i'd do it... if i could join back in my damn tribe, i'd do it.. just to say i did it so i could pass it on to my kids

it seems like you and your sister like lying to YOURSELVES.. your mom knows it.. its a FACT.. but y'all walking around pretending what you think and believe and what people say, has any effect on the blood in your veins. how can you just not give a fukk who you are or what you came from. not even care about your heritage.. not connect with people who have the same race as you...

you don't have to do things you feel are black.. but damn... to KNOW you are, and ACT like you're not, and then your sister lets her man shyt on HER RACE, and he probably doesn't even know it about her... that takes it from not caring.... to being ASHAMED

and i'm asking...... are you ashamed of being black?

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'm confused at the logic here... :notsure:

...so me marrying a white woman somehow means that my MIXED children are automatically going to marry white people and void any future blackness in my grandchildren? :ohhh:

Do mixed people and black people suddenly not fukk in the future or did I miss something here? :usure:

Is the thinking here on The-Coli that marrying a person of a certain race means that your kids'll automatically do the same thing that you do or are we just being VERY...VERY hypothetical? :ld:

Daps
i'm not even all the way black... it's crazy.. i'm dark as :ufdup: but my two great grandparents, on either side.. were full native american. so somewhere in that breakdown, it runs in my blood around 10-30%.. (who really knows the exact percent)

but even tho i don't look it, have no features, and really have never researched it... i do CARE.. i would love to know my history.. shyt i'd love to know my family breakdown back to slavery and before if i could. i remember doing a family crest project in middle school.. i was the only black kid in the class and the only one who had to make one up... imagine being able to trace your history back thousands of years and say "my family did that"

so really what i'm asking is.... how the hell do you turn that away. i would NEVER deny what i am. they don't consider me biracial.. but even my damn facebook has native american and black on it. anywhere else they'd let me put it, i'd do it... if i could join back in my damn tribe, i'd do it.. just to say i did it so i could pass it on to my kids

it seems like you and your sister like lying to YOURSELVES.. your mom knows it.. its a FACT.. but y'all walking around pretending what you think and believe and what people say, has any effect on the blood in your veins. how can you just not give a fukk who you are or what you came from. not even care about your heritage.. not connect with people who have the same race as you...

you don't have to do things you feel are black.. but damn... to KNOW you are, and ACT like you're not, and then your sister lets her man shyt on HER RACE, and he probably doesn't even know it about her... that takes it from not caring.... to being ASHAMED

and i'm asking...... are you ashamed of being black?

No i'm not ashamed of it.

I do connect with people that are the same race as me. my friends are Cambodian/chinese/Vietnamese or Filipino. I feel they are the same race as me well.. chinese is a stretch, but I just feel more comfortable around them than I do with black people.

I just feel like i'm too different from them (blacks). I can't relate. If I tell a black person that I am "black", usually they don't believe me or they say something like "well you're not really black, but I guess...". If i'm not really "black", then why should I say that I'm black?

When I am around Asians (mainly South East Asians), I say that I'm am South East Asian, and there is no hesitation or stares or second guesses. I am accepted as that, and I am treated with comradery. and that's the thing I hate the most about my interactions with black people. I hate the unacceptance or the second guesses and the second looks. I drives a big wedge between me and them. It's not like that when I'm around other people. It makes me feel like black people are very racist and Xenophobic. I have been called racial slurs like gook by racist blacks--and I mean strangers.

IN the end of the day, I am a person of Asian Descent to the billions of South East asians out there. Every single one of them sees me as one of them. The only blacks that see me as black are well.. none of them(not africans, Haitians, or African Americans), and to me I have always felt betrayed by that.

I don't know how my sister feels about it. We don't talk about it, but at the dinner table, she has said to straight up Racist remarks about black people. I mean 100% racist. She also ran with ***** people while she was in college.

My mom is really in to tyler perry movies. One day she brought it up, and I basically didn't comment and my sister said, "i'm not going to watch that sh1t". she said, "they're are good movies, I know you guys don't like black movies but..." Honestly, I felt really said when she said that. How could a black women have kids like that apparently "hate" black movies. I saw absolutely no pity from my sister.

the mechanic

Greasy philosophy
Daps

I do connect with people that are the same race as me. my friends are Cambodian/chinese/Vietnamese or Filipino. I feel they are the same race as me well.. chinese is a stretch, but I just feel more comfortable around them than I do with black people.

I just feel like i'm too different from them (blacks). I can't relate. If I tell a black person that I am "black", usually they don't believe me or they say something like "well you're not really black, but I guess...". If i'm not really "black", then why should I say that I'm black?

When I am around Asians (mainly South East Asians), I say that I'm am South East Asian, and there is no hesitation or stares or second guesses. I am accepted as that, and I am treated with comradery. and that's the thing I hate the most about my interactions with black people. I hate the unacceptance or the second guesses and the second looks. I drives a big wedge between me and them. It's not like that when I'm around other people. It makes me feel like black people are very racist and Xenophobic. I have been called racial slurs like gook by racist blacks--and I mean strangers.

IN the end of the day, I am a person of Asian Descent to the billions of South East asians out there. Every single one of them sees me as one of them. The only blacks that see me as black are well.. none of them(not africans, Haitians, or African Americans), and to me I have always felt betrayed by that.

I don't know how my sister feels about it. We don't talk about it, but at the dinner table, she has said to straight up Racist remarks about black people. I mean 100% racist. She also ran with ***** people while she was in college.

My mom is really in to tyler perry movies. One day she brought it up, and I basically didn't comment and my sister said, "i'm not going to watch that sh1t". she said, "they're are good movies, I know you guys don't like black movies but..." Honestly, I felt really said when she said that. How could a black women have kids like that apparently "hate" black movies. I saw absolutely no pity from my sister.
:snoop: Since when must every black person love tyler perry movies..i dont

BTW from the ticket sales apparently alot of white people must like them too

Anyway thats quite a false dichotomy you have going there ...that you must fit into one side and reject the other..it points to some deep seated self acceptance issues that probably stem from a deep dark place within you..they wont fix themselves..if you have good heath insurance go get help dude

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Since I'm light skinned, I have to procreate with an attractive dark skinned black woman.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

you know i can understand that... its something black people go through and been going through.. another form of self hatred.. back in the day they used to call it the paper bag test.. if you was lighter than a paper bag, then you wasn't black

then the white people would say you got a drop of black blood so you ain't white either.. which forced mixed kids to pick a side.. even tho both sides would shyt on them when the need came

thanks for explaining tho.. you coulda been a real dikkhead with the questions i asked.. but that's some real insight on how a lot of mixed kids grow up. even those ones you think didn't deal with it.. a lot of them do get called out for being "too white" or "too black"

then we wonder why they don't want shyt to do with us later on in life

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
It would be sad if grandkids didn't recognize their blackness especially if they have black in them. What's funny is that a lot of black women are so gatdamn quick to "recognize" a distant white relative and claim that they are mixed.

If I were to have kids that were mixed I would hope that they woud identify as black. I have mixed neices, nephews/cousins and they all identify as black since my entire family is black. There is no mistake about that. It all boils down to how u are raised and who u are raised around

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
That would be sad as hell.

Imagine being referred to as the ''black ancestor''. You'll be treated like a mistake in the family line :sadcam:

You showin' up to the family reunion and they like:

5ab2b007_close20door.gif