PAWG Lovers, Would You Be Sad If Your Grandkids Don't Acknowledge Their Blackness

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most people I know would be excited if they ound out their great-grandparents wwre of a dofferent race.

I remember in school this one white hick found out hat somewhere along her bloodline she had spanish blood. Next year she starts wearing Colombian flags to school and typing in Spanish on her FAcebook wall and starts calling herself "Colombian." :heh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
more likely to happen with a black woman white man.

A lie if I ever read one.

WOMEN pass on CULTURE. The odds of black women/white man offspring disowning their blackness is SLIM to none.

This "I'm biracial...not black dammit" crowd/movement is the product of black men/white women unions. These children are often times being raised SOLELY by their white mothers and their white families (note: the black fathers often go MIA). They are more likely to take on the culture of their white relatives.

Please stop projecting your illogical hypocritical ideologies on black women.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
honestly i wouldn't give a sh't

all my girlfriends have been white. im 100% sure my kids will pass off chris humphries color considering how lightskin I am.

My neice and nephew don't look mixed and look completely white and I'm lighter than my brother.

As long as they love and respect family. I don't give a sh't

Did you just call yourself light skinned? Aren't you the guy from the confederate flag youtube videos? :wtf:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
why can't mulattos ever identify as mixed race? why are ppl on this " i consider myself black/i lean white" flavor of the month bullshyt? obama is a mulatto, not just black or white.

I think they should be able to identify however they feel...whether it be black, white, or mixed race. Racial identity is shaped through experiences. Depending on how their experiences shaped them, they may identify as either of the three. It's their choice imo.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
It's hysterical. I'm about as dark as the dude in my avi, and you have dudes who look like Rick Fox telling me that they're "just as black" as I am, and that somehow we have the same "struggle."

All I can do is :usure::mjpls:

I'm a light-skinned nikka who lives in Omaha surrounded by cacs breh, and I can tell you from personal experience that they give two shyts about how dark you are. If they can look at you and tell that you're black, you're black to them. fukk the percentages. You're still a nikka in their book.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I'm a light-skinned nikka who lives in Omaha breh, and I can tell you from personal experience that cacs give two shyts about how dark you are. If they can look at you and tell that you're black, you're black to them. fukk the percentages. You're still a nikka in their book.

lol I don't define my "blackness" by what white people think or say.

Sugar

Banned
Daps
lol I don't define my "blackness" by what white people think or say.

You dont have to breh. Just know that cacs view us all the same, regardless of our skin complextion. It dont matter if you're :dwillhuh: or :rudy: or :damn:. How you portray yourself as an individual and how people accept you is different, but when white people talk about blacks as a group, they're talking bout all of us.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I think they should be able to identify however they feel...whether it be black, white, or mixed race. Racial identity is shaped through experiences. Depending on how their experiences shaped them, they may identify as either of the three. It's their choice imo.
why can't they be true to themselves and identify with what they are?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
why can't they be true to themselves and identify with what they are?

Again, race is socially NOT biologically constructed nor is it scientific in the least. Race has the meaning that we give to it. If they want to identify as black, white, or mixed based on how their identity has been socially constructed, then that is their choice...not anyone else's. If that is how their social identity has been constructed then they ARE being true to themselves (who are you to tell them they aren't?)