Paula Deen fans vent their outrage at Food Network

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

mysmilie_3141.gif

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Phuck Paula Deen's fat azz. She was never relevant to the black community. I don't care if she's a racist or not because I don't care about her.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
Food Network had no choice but to fire her. For such a diverse network to parade an admitted racist would scare advertisers away. As far as the public outcry I agree with you. Whats done is done, let's move on.

I agree. All this flack is bad for their network, and couldn't keep employing her because of it. At the same time, as awful as it is whenever people say racist shyt, we all know it does happen, and I don't really see the point in making a huge issue over an admittance of using a racial slur in the past by someone done in a private session. :yeshrug:

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
It is crazy to me how 35% of the comments are from white people saying something like 'black people call each other n*gga' all the time. MF's CAN'T be that ignorant to think the vast majority of black people go ahead calling each other that.

I can count on both hands the number of times I've heard that word outside of a rap song since I was like 22. :upsetfavre:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In Ms. Jackson's presence, Bubba Hiers said to his African-American security guard and driver, “don't you wish you could rub all the black off you and be like me? The security guard responded " I'm fine the way I am" where upon Mr. Heirs replied "you just look dirty I bet you wish you could"

:patrice:

:dead:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Props to whoever posted the actual court filing from the lawsuit. I'm going to use this for any where I can to combat any apologists out there. You see how the media just glazes over the most egregious examples of what happen and just focus on the use of the N word? They make it a simple issue of just a word and ignore all these other harmful crap that happened. The work environment was horrible and based just on the fact she owned this place and let this go on knowingly is disgusting.

I admit I was one of the :yeshrug: folks at first in regards to just her use of the N word because hell is a old lady from the south, I would be more outraged if she lied about it. However after reading that Im glad she ended up in the bushes, and I hope this lady wins her lawsuit.

Also didn't know the lady was white who is filing the suit. Props to her for standing up for what is right...eventually.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My Dad said yesterday 'I think she's being crucified by the media, she's a women of a certain age from a rough background....raised in a different time..'
:snoop:

All I said was 'Have you read the complaint..?' 'Well, no...but..'

I just laughed told him to read the complaint and hung up....

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I feel like going downtown and throwing eggs at this bytch's overrated ass restaurant

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Neelys Weigh in on Paula Deen Controversy
In light of celebrity chef Paula Deen's recent controversy concerning past use of the N-word, her former Food Network colleagues, Patrick and Gina Neely, have come forward publicly with their thoughts on the matter.

VIDEO: Paula Deen Releases Video Apology

In a joint statement to ETonline, the Down Home With the Neelys stars reveal that they were unhappy to learn about Deen's behavior, but have faith that she will emerge from this controversy a better person.

"We were shocked and saddened to learn of the comments from Paula Deen. Racism of any kind from anyone is simply unacceptable and cannot be tolerated," said the couple.

RELATED: Paula Deen to Appear on 'Today' Show Amid N-Word Controversy

"In our own relationship, Paula has shown us kindness and generosity. We trust that Paula's apologies are sincere and hope there is a positive lesson to be learned from this situation."

Late last week, Deen issued a public apology for her use of racially-charged language.

"I want to apologize to everybody for the wrong that I've done," she said. "I want to learn and grow from this. Inappropriate, hurtful language is totally, totally unacceptable."

RELATED: Paula Deen Reacts To Food Network Dismissal

In the days since, Deen has been dropped as a spokesperson for Smithfield Foods and denied a contract renewal from The Food Network.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/neelys-weigh-paula-deen-controversy-211100134.html

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just read some comments from the story I posted above

Ask them how many times they called someone a honky or whitebread.

One thing you'll never see is a black celebrity like Chris Rock called out for his blatant racism.

Dliciouzone79 • 1 hour 46 minutes ago Report Abuse

I just think the ex employees want money.. I'm sure they all joked around and no one took it personal. I'm black and I will continue to watch her cooking show. I love her recipes and her personality. My Grandma is half Irish and Iam in no way gonna judge anyone or hate white ppl over something so petty. Us blacks say it EVERYDAY!. get over it!

Dliciouzone79 • 1 hour 31 minutes ago Report Abuse

I honestly do not know.. I guess some ppl cannot let go of the past. I have been at my job for almost 8 yrs and all of my co=workers are white and we get along and joke around.. I even crack black jokes. Ppl get over it and live your lives..

:beli:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Dope comment from facebook

please take your head out of the sand. The Black Community did not fire Paula Deen! It was not done on behalf of the black community! The person suing Paula Deen is not black!! Contrary to what you believe the black community cannot be lumped together and assigned one belief, much in the same manner that no one person speaks for the white community!! Stop blaming blacks for this issue with Paula Deen! This is a situation that she created for herself. Being from the Old South is no excuse, just like being a rapper or an artist is no excuse. Why do you care what rappers say now? Because you need an excuse to say it. You WANT to say it, so you use the rappers as an excuse. Rappers are know for a lot of things, some good, some bad, do you want to smoke weed (SnooP Lion/Dog), sell drugs, have baby mamas and daddies, live in the hood...since rappers are your role model and you yearn to say what THEY say!!! That's such an immature, argument!! The rappers say it, so why can't I? This has what to do with Affirmative Action??? How dare you!! You are beyond clueless!!! Hmmm let me see you say that 'cracker' and 'vanilla' carry the same weight as the N-word????? Mary Meier you need a reality check, or an education, or some other reference other than your perceived, yet non-existent discrimination against whites, or your misplaced righteous indignation. You say "whites and Christians are being discriminated against by the black community" ???? Please tell me that you are NOT saying that blacks cannot be Christians?? Unbelievable!!