Paula Deen fans vent their outrage at Food Network

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
she clowned on his blackness on tv and he don't care.

hollis is a house niqqa for real :lolbron:

he changed his last name to HollisDeen for twitter

pic captioned "She loves me and I love her!!!"

A9Zt98SCMAAZFMj.jpg

BKrfTQCCMAEYXb7.jpg

facepalm-shame.gif

Damn what is he going to do now that his masta..cough cough..I mean friend is in trouble!!?!?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Her using the word is not the controversey for me, it's that goddamn wedding idea with her Uncle Ben / Aunt Jemima style servant nostalgia :scusthov:

And I also notice a lot people making people like Paula Deen exclusive to the south, tryna distance themselves away from her type of racist thinking :beli:. I grew up in the south and still live in the south for the time being (still have the confederate flag in front my state house :snoop:) and some of the most overt racism I've ever encountered happened in New Jersey and Massachusetts.......oh, and don't get me started on that unconscious racism I encounter everday with white liberals who promote tolerance and all that bs. I hate apologists (of all races), but they go the extra mile and try to relate to the black experience whenever they encounter something ever-so-slightly oppressive or when they say "It was bad, yes, but it was so long ago. Why are black people still angry?!? :lupe:"; They're oblivious to the sh!t that still happens and that pisses me off more than the word n!ggER (heavy emphasis on the -ER)

This sh!t ain't gon' die, so I just entertain myself when stuff like this comes out. Paula Deen's pudgy, pale a$$ wasn't ever foolin' me, I saw this sh!t from 12746285903 miles away. I don't really care, but I do smile at her losing her show and watching her undercover racist supporters squirm, turning pink and red in anger.............and we can't forget these c00ns on here changing the subject on her behalf talmbout, "Bu bu but, blacks are racists too".

And?!?! :heh:

The racism in NJ is way worse than the racism down South.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man im hearing so much back and forth on this.

Anyone just got a link to the full thing of what she said?

And who was she making uncomfortable in the room?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm on page 13 and this sh!t is disgusting :smh:

OMG it's repulsive.

I thought the whole big deal was that Paula Dean used the "N" word at one point in time, which made sense her being a Southern white woman but regularly subjecting your employees to this type of bigotry is just outright disgusting. Not only that you're sexist to boot. fukk her whole enterprise.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
bytch is trying to save face and agreed to a Today show interview on Wednesday.

I hope Matt makes her bleed gravy. :shaq:

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Comments from Paula Deen and Enterprises:

A former employee, Lisa Jackson, alleged in a lawsuit that "In the presence of Ms. Jackson and Uncle Bubba's restaurant manager and a vendor, Bubba Hiers stated they should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico so he could n***er-rig it

According to the court documents, the plaintiff stated that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba's wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear; "Well what I would really like is a bunch of little n***ers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around," the plaintiff alleged Deen told her. "Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it? But we can't do that because the media would be on me about that."

In her deposition for the suit, Deen stated that she has used the "N Word" at times, saying "Yes, of course."As a result of the controversy, Food Network announced that it would not renew her contract when it expires at the end of June 2013.

:ld:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised I haven't seen more outrage.

I mean not only is she racist, but lookin at all the articles about this incident, she definitely acted on her racism too. And that's where the line should be drawn.

However you feel about other people is your business, but once you bring your "views" in the workplace or in the public where it can affect someone, then it must be called out.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more outrage b/c of this. It seems like once Obama became president, black folks have become more apathetic, while at the same time more white people are trying to flip the script on us saying "black people are racist!!!" and becoming more bold and honest with how they feel.

Folks need a wake up call for real.

EDIT: And I'm not surprised she calls black people the N word. This a 60+ year old lady from the deep south. She grew up in segregation and probably still remembers when The Jim Crow laws were enforced. A lot of those people are still around and they're passing down their beliefs to their children and grandchildren. That's why racism will never die.