Paula Deen fans vent their outrage at Food Network

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In your initial post...your initial premise was

Thank you said:

But you you still haven't proven your initial premise. It's all conjecture and baseless assumptions.

This is all over the place. It's been real, tho. I'm done.

Again, If the definition of racism suddenly disappeared from all dictionaries worldwide, does racism itself disappear?

YOU are the one putting your faith in what the definition of racism is (which we can all see has been edited many times). I'm saying that Blacks can't be racist because the system of white supremacy is the only thing that can exhibit a superiority over anyone, so therefore using the WHITE MAN'S DEFINITON, we can't be racist. We can however be reactionary to the oppression we face.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got caught up in that for a while.

I don't know where the whole of notion of power & racists came from, but the primary definition of (1) racism doesn't mention anything about power. The (2) definition suggests power.

Definition: (1) a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

(2) racial prejudice or discrimination

Exercising racism in such a way that has adverse effects on a person(s) is discriminatory. So, by definition, discrimination -- not racism (1) -- is the concept that necessitates power.

Racism (2) can be linked to power, however. But if someone acted in a manner that resembled Racism (2), then I wouldn't label it as racism. I'd label it as a prejudicial or discriminatory act based on racist ideals. It's more precise.

A lot of folks who are labeled as racists are really bigots. People just have the semantics and definitions fukked up.

But to say blacks can't be racists(2) suggests that blacks aren't in power positions...and that is ignorant.

You got it backwards....Way backwards

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Again, If the definition of racism suddenly disappeared from all dictionaries worldwide, does racism itself disappear?

YOU are the one putting your faith in what the definition of racism is (which we can all see has been edited many times). I'm saying that Blacks can't be racist because the system of white supremacy is the only thing that can exhibit a superiority over anyone, so therefore using the WHITE MAN'S DEFINITON, we can't be racist. We can however be reactionary to the oppression we face.

But I thought you said "they" added to the definition to make us eligible to be racists?

They added to it so they could claim so called minorities (especially Blacks) could be racist.

If you're right, then that would mean that "they" assume black people have the ability to exercise power over another race. In a warped way, if you're right, that means that "they" believe blacks have...power...right? Whoa...if you're right...how can "they" believe we have power, yet you dont?

I'ma end with this...seriously...

Your attempt at an argument is undermining your own cause and your very own identity. Victimization is a debilitating disease.

Stay blessed.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I thought you said "they" added to the definition to make us eligible to be racists?

If you're right, then that would mean that "they" assume black people have the ability to exercise power over another race. In a warped way, if you're right, that means that "they" believe blacks have...power...right? Whoa...if you're right...how can "they" believe we have power, yet you dont?

I'ma end with this...seriously...

Your attempt at an argument is undermining your own cause and your very own identity. Victimization is a debilitating disease.

Stay blessed.

And still he ignores this question-

If the definition of racism suddenly disappeared from all dictionaries worldwide, does racism itself disappear?

It's cool man, i know why you don't want to answer it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The manager that laid me off was disciplined because his lack of control over the department. So you can draw a conclusion, plus he cried in front of us when he informed us that she was being let go. I was the only person in my area with college degree in graphic design. They made me give a temp that didn't work for Hallmark my log in and password so that he could do the work that I was supposed to do.

:wow:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Provide me a few situations where a black person was being racist, and we'll go from there.

One that was covered by the media of course, since black people are in a position to be racist and all

Not the best means to enter into a debate.

And...I can't do it. You win.

Blacks are just a powerless, perpetually victimized people...for eternity.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course it wouldn't disappear.

But you're shifting the argument from your original premise.

Not cool.

No, I'm not 'shifting' it at all. Blacks found out that ACCORDING TO THE WHITE MAN'S DEFINITION OF RACISM, THAT WE COULDN'T BE CLASSIFIED AS 'RACIST.' Once whites started hearing this, they CHANGED, ADDED, TOOK AWAY, AND OTHERWISE MUTILATED THE DEFINITION TO TRY TO INCLUDE US IN THAT. Now, if you say that racism 'wouldn't disappear' in life if there was no term/definition of it, then you using the current definition of racism as the reason that Blacks can be racist doesn't really mean a thing, since changing, altering, or getting rid of it doesn't get rid of racism itself, which you still can't prove comes from Black people anyway.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Her using the word is not the controversey for me, it's that goddamn wedding idea with her Uncle Ben / Aunt Jemima style servant nostalgia :scusthov:

And I also notice a lot people making people like Paula Deen exclusive to the south, tryna distance themselves away from her type of racist thinking :beli:. I grew up in the south and still live in the south for the time being (still have the confederate flag in front my state house :snoop:) and some of the most overt racism I've ever encountered happened in New Jersey and Massachusetts.......oh, and don't get me started on that unconscious racism I encounter everday with white liberals who promote tolerance and all that bs. I hate apologists (of all races), but they go the extra mile and try to relate to the black experience whenever they encounter something ever-so-slightly oppressive or when they say "It was bad, yes, but it was so long ago. Why are black people still angry?!? :lupe:"; They're oblivious to the sh!t that still happens and that pisses me off more than the word n!ggER (heavy emphasis on the -ER)

This sh!t ain't gon' die, so I just entertain myself when stuff like this comes out. Paula Deen's pudgy, pale a$$ wasn't ever foolin' me, I saw this sh!t from 12746285903 miles away. I don't really care, but I do smile at her losing her show and watching her undercover racist supporters squirm, turning pink and red in anger.............and we can't forget these c00ns on here changing the subject on her behalf talmbout, "Bu bu but, blacks are racists too".

And?!?! :heh:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
No, I'm not 'shifting' it at all. Blacks found out that ACCORDING TO THE WHITE MAN'S DEFINITION OF RACISM, THAT WE COULDN'T BE CLASSIFIED AS 'RACIST.' Once whites started hearing this, they CHANGED, ADDED, TOOK AWAY, AND OTHERWISE MUTILATED THE DEFINITION TO TRY TO INCLUDE US IN THAT. Now, if you say that racism 'wouldn't disappear' in life if there was no term/definition of it, then you using the current definition of racism as the reason that Blacks can be racist doesn't really mean a thing, since changing, altering, or getting rid of it doesn't get rid of racism itself.

What did "they" do? Did "they" add or take away...because you've been saying add.

They added to it so they could claim so called minorities (especially Blacks) could be racist.

The early definitions didn't even include any allusion to power. So the later definitions do.

What is it?! Your posts are constantly shifting in content and direction.

I never began this discussion with you to wax abstract about the word "racism" disappearing. I keep quoting you on your reply to me that led to this circuitous exercise in futility.

I keep posting that quote to try to keep you focused. It's not working, tho.

:mindblown: