Paula Deen admits in deposition to using N-word, telling racist jokes, report says

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok so then, those of you who choose to "do something" about it... what actions do you take to do so? That is, how are you actively combating racism, and how has it benefited you in your life?

Example: You walk into a venue full of racists. You know they're racists... what's your next move?

I never said I was going to 'do something' about it. The point is not denying that it exist which is what I feel like you're trying to do. I stated earlier in this thread that racism isn't going anywhere.

Example answer: I'm going to go in there and eat until someone says something out of the way to me. I'm either going to tell all of them that you cacs are all racist as hell and you'll be my slave one day, or I'm going to proceed to fight the person that said the out of the way comment. Now, what would you do?

semtex

:)
Daps
y'all gettin bent out of shape over some old fat cac's opinion? :rudy: Do better.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus, the fact that you don't deny racism exists

The point is not denying that it exist which is what I feel like you're trying to do.

:mindblown:

Example answer: I'm going to go in there and eat until someone says something out of the way to me. I'm either going to tell all of them that you cacs are all racist as hell, or I'm going to proceed to fight the person that said the out of the way comment. Now, what would you do?

Same thing I always do, let my presence make 'em mad. The reason I bring up this scenario, is because this is the reality of blacks in America. Racists are all around us at all times, everywhere, no matter where you go. That's an all day, every day situation breh, we just don't think about it because racists are pussies and they're not gonna do shyt. My point being, knowing that's the reality, I choose not to care about it until they get ignorant or violent with it. If that happens, then it's go time.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Those food names

Dean_i_cant.gif

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not sure why your mind is blown...yes you KNOW racism exists, but then you're dismissive of it-as if it doesn't exists.

Same thing I always do, let my presence make 'em mad. The reason I bring up this scenario, is because this is the reality of blacks in America. Racists are all around us at all times, everywhere, no matter where you go. That's an all day, every day situation breh, we just don't think about it because racists are pussies and they're not gonna do shyt. My point being, knowing that's the reality, I choose not to care about it until they get ignorant or violent with it. If that happens, then it's go time.

And you're right, but being dismissive of it (like I feel you are) definitely isn't going to get us anywhere. If we look at the Civil Rights movement (which I think was more of a hurt than help but that's another story), if the Black Panthers and other civil rights organizations were dismissive of what was going on, would we have gotten ANY progress? Of course not...the devil would say 'these ******s don't even fight back, so let's continue to abuse them.' Here's an even better question, a mob of whites grab a brother from the same restaurant you're at and are going to hang him. What do you do? I mean, it's not happening to you, right?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
According to the Enquirer, in the deposition, Deen replied “Yes, of course,” when asked if she used the N-word.

Paula :dead:

Last edited by a moderator:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure why your mind is blown...yes you KNOW racism exists, but then you're dismissive of it-as if it doesn't exists.

And you're right, but being dismissive of it (like I feel you are) definitely isn't going to get us anywhere. If we look at the Civil Rights movement (which I think was more of a hurt than help but that's another story), if the Black Panthers and other civil rights organizations were dismissive of what was going on, would we have gotten ANY progress? Of course not...the devil would say 'these ******s don't even fight back, so let's continue to abuse them.'

I was wondering when you were going to bring up pre-1964 race-relations and compare to today. I won't even address that because I think you realize how ridiculous and hilarious that comparison is.

Here's an even better question, a mob of whites grab a brother from the same restaurant you're at and are going to hang him. What do you do? I mean, it's not happening to you, right?

Depends. How many of them are there? Are they armed? Am I armed? If it's a dude I don't know, more than likely I dial 9-1-1 and hope they get there soon. If it's a friend or family member, we go down fighting together.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was wondering when you were going to bring up pre-1964 race-relations and compare to today. I won't even address that because I think you realize how ridiculous and hilarious that comparison is.

It wasn't a comparison, it was an example, one which it seems you can't address. Not to mention, racism is just as prevalent as it was then-what's funny is you won't acknowledge that. Which just happens to be the reason we're even having this convo..

Depends. How many of them are there? Are they armed? Am I armed? If it's a dude I don't know, more than likely I dial 9-1-1 and hope they get there soon. If it's a friend or family member, we go down fighting together.

All of that is irrelevant. Do you jump in or not?

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
@BlvdBrawler has gotten upset over the fact that male nudity is frowned upon on this site, going so far as to insinuate that the Coli promotes homophobia because he can't spam male penis, but says blatant racism is nothing to lose sleep over. You can't make this shyt up. :heh:

Last edited by a moderator: