Paula Deen admits in deposition to using N-word, telling racist jokes, report says

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless you have been a victim of racism, some people will have the same sentiment as you. Not saying that your feelings about it is wrong, but most people are not going to go on the next block in order to put someone else's fire out. But when the fire burns their house down, they begin to truly understand the damage fire can cause.

Quick true story, I worked for the largest greeting card company in the world, located in KC. I hadn't been there a month, when this old white lady called me "sambo". I didn't cause a scene I just explained to her why she couldn't call me that name. She proceeded to call me sambo 2 more times within a 30 day period. She got offered a retirement package to leave, the manager received a written warning. I was laid off a month later.

Now I have 3 degrees, 2 Associate's and a Bachelor's, nobody in my department even had a college degree, so yeah, I could've said so what about her calling me sambo, but I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror as a Black man. There are times and situations where looking past something done or said to you doesn't become an option. No matter what might happen to you as a result.

I appreciate your level-headed response but that's an entirely different experience.

I imagine it took every ounce of restraint not to
FALCON-PUNCH.gif
that bish.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
I appreciate your level-headed response but that's an entirely different experience.

FALCON-PUNCH.gif
that bish.

To be honest, I knew how to act and respond in that situation, I didn't raise my voice or anything, I just broke down the history of the term and why she shouldn't call me that. She didn't apologize then, she only apologized after the 3rd time, but it was too late for her then. I was more so disappointed with the manager's reaction to it and he's decision to lay me off. A lot of companies preach diversity, but there are little pockets within these companies that have people in positions that do not appreciate or respect education or diversity.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest, I knew how to act and respond in that situation, I didn't raise my voice or anything, I just broke down the history of the term and why she shouldn't call me that. She didn't apologize then, she only apologized after the 3rd time, but it was too late for her then. I was more so disappointed with the manager's reaction to it and he's decision to lay me off. A lot of companies preach diversity, but there are little pockets within these companies that have people in positions that do not appreciate or respect education or diversity.

You're a stronger man than I. I would have gotten REAL ignorant REAL fast. Probably would have regretted it, but :smh: at you getting laid off anyway. Bullshyt.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
I would've laughed in her face. LOL@not being able to live with yourself because somebody called you "Sambo"? Really who the hell cares?

Being called sambo is no different than her calling me a n1gger. I don't know if you know the history of that term, if you did, then you would know that laughing in her face was never an option. You should never compromise your dignity and self respect for a paycheck. You might want to find out about the history of "Little Black Sambo" before you start throwing around a bunch of "who cares" concerning that derogatory comment.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
You're a stronger man than I. I would have gotten REAL ignorant REAL fast. Probably would have regretted it, but :smh: at you getting laid off anyway. Bullshyt.

It was always a place where I wanted to work and I got the training and education I felt was necessary. But when you work in an area where people are nervous because you have better qualifications and training and they feel that you were hired to replace them, then they are going to act out. I even had a lady come up to me after she found out her coworker had been fired and she told me that she didn't think the term sambo was offensive because she read the book "Little Black Sambo" and she wasn't offended by it. :what: that was the exact look I gave her.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Watching that bytch cook makes me want to vomit. Butter on EVERYTHING...

She doesn't surprise me AT ALL.....

99.9999999% of Caks are really racist and DGAF....

Marry a cak female brehs.... :lolbron:

Reminds me of KimK's struggle plates of "soul food" and cooked for Reggie Bush and Koonye... :to:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
the-coli: where black people call all white people racist cacs and then are always surprised when a white person is actually a racist.

That's funny because you made it sound like we started it and are the biggest perpetrators of it throughout history.....oh wait.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Unless you have been a victim of racism, some people will have the same sentiment as you. Not saying that your feelings about it is wrong, but most people are not going to go on the next block in order to put someone else's fire out. But when the fire burns their house down, they begin to truly understand the damage fire can cause.

Quick true story, I worked for the largest greeting card company in the world, located in KC. I hadn't been there a month, when this old white lady called me "sambo". I didn't cause a scene I just explained to her why she couldn't call me that name. She proceeded to call me sambo 2 more times within a 30 day period. She got offered a retirement package to leave, the manager received a written warning. I was laid off a month later.

Now I have 3 degrees, 2 Associate's and a Bachelor's, nobody in my department even had a college degree, so yeah, I could've said so what about her calling me sambo, but I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror as a Black man. There are times and situations where looking past something done or said to you doesn't become an option. No matter what might happen to you as a result.
Breh, your degrees don't mean much. I have the same amount in total. Remember, use the knowledge to start and build for your own. You experience working should be to start something for you own or get people you trust to go into business with and build from there.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps

FALCON-PUNCH.gif
that bish.

Yeah fukkin right, your ass would have been grinning and laughing with her as she said it.:cacmjpls: