Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Now hockey is lacrosse status. :mjlol:

The coli and black people in general don't give a shyt about hockey but I'm not so naive to act like it isnt popular. I don't give a flying fukk about NASCAR but I still know it has a large fanbase.

This dude is a superstar on one of the most popular NHL franchises that just won a Stanley fukking cup. :mjlol:

ESPN covers hockey. They have Barry Melrose on there all the time to discuss hockey. They follow the NHL playoffs. Its not like hockey is completely irrelevant like cricket or some shyt.

This should be a bigger story. But we know why. :sas2:

Y'all just acting stupid.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Now hockey is lacrosse status. :mjlol:

The coli and black people in general don't give a shyt about hockey but I'm not so naive to act like it isnt popular. I don't give a flying fukk about NASCAR but I still know it has a large fanbase.

This dude is a superstar on one of the most popular NHL franchises that just won a Stanley fukking cup. :mjlol:

ESPN covers hockey. They have Barry Melrose on there all the time to discuss hockey. They follow the NHL playoffs. Its not like hockey is. completely irrelevant like cricket or do shyt.

This should be a bigger story. But we know why. :sas2:

Y'all just acting stupid.

d1c6c6c0-f889-11e3-b32c-e99f62535960_186889751.jpg

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
TBH, I think it has very little to do with race here.

MLS soccer is starting to catch up to the NHL in TV ratings. It's not that they're "protecting" Kane by staying quiet. They're staying quiet because no one gives a fuk about hockey. Money Manziel was scrutinized just as heavily as Winston and he's white, and to be quite frank he didn't even rape anybody--he just liked to party, and it really comes down to the fact that the media actually cares about college football.:yeshrug:
The media completely swept johnny 8 ball's involvement in a hate crime under the rug.

They still don't bring it up to this day:mjpls:

AR-120629545.jpg&q=100&maxh=300&maxW=630

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know who kane is but espn defiantly hasnt been covering it

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How many people in the USA actually know who Patrick Kane is?
Unpopular black athletes become infamous when they are accused of anything. If Andrew McCutchen was accused, not even charged, the whole country would know who he is by next week.

nah...the fact that zach mettenberger is guilty of the same crime jameis is innocent says a lot.

The really slide that shyt under the rug during zach's combine time.

Just compare the wiki pages....it says all you need to know on how the hide shyt and slide shyt

Jameis gets an entire section

Capturejamesis.png

Zach gets one sentence hidden under college career.

zachhhh.png

:banderas: when these threads are done correctly, not much can be said.

Y'all remember that coke head Matt Jones, WR from Jax? If you don't, you're proving my point. :sas2:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones faces a felony drug charge in his former college town after police say he was inside a car cutting up cocaine with a credit card.

The 25-year-old Jones and two others were arrested early Thursday. A police report said officers approached the car and an officer drew his handgun after Jones did not immediately show his hands.

Police said they searched the vehicle and found a plastic bag filled with a white substance that tested positive for cocaine and a jar with possible marijuana residue.

Jared Hicks and Benjamin Cook were also arrested on misdemeanor drug charges.

Jones was released from the Washington County jail on $2,500 bond. His arraignment on a charge of felony possession of a controlled substance was set for Aug. 11, two days after Jacksonville's preseason opener against Atlanta.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People want to talk about Jameis has a history

Kane has a history too, not to mention, he made some douche-bag remark about if people think he's grown up, just watch him this summer...or some douchy shyt like that..

Jameis was routinely knocked for his intelligence, and everyone was so shocked at how smart he is....smh....shyt is right in front of peoples eyes.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
There's a racial component to it, but this is mostly about the irrelevance of hockey in the U.S.

The Winston investigation began as he was in the middle of a Heisman Trophy winning season for the eventual National Champions. College football is covered year round by ESPN and the second most popular league in the country behind the NFL. 99% of this board including me couldn't even tell you who was in the Stanley Cup Finals this year. :heh:

Hockey is a niche sport at this point, which is exactly why this is barely getting any burn.