Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
How the hell can you say that? :dahell:

How do exactly qualify who's more recognizable?

A nobody in American sports? that ridiculous, hes arguably the GOAT American born hockey player

About to be the cover boy for EA NHL 16 (2nd time he will be for that franchise)

I get you dont fukk with hockey, but who the hell are you speaking for exactly?

Breh think about it. How many people max watch hockey? Compare it to the NBA. Think of who's played in front of more eyes on a regular basis. It's not that I don't fukk with hockey it's that whole regions of the country never watched one hockey game in their life. It's the fact that the majority of minorities don't watch the sport and the only Kanes they know are the Big Red Machine and the nikka from menace ii society :heh:

so you're telling me this dude who played with one of the most popular people in the world
birdman-baby-tattoos-heat-anderson-570x379.jpg

isn't more recognizable than this dude
5932f7dd-929c-3bd7-a52b-2fd2a46ff3e1.jpeg

to majority of America?
gimme a damn break :heh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
YOURE GETTING CARRIED AWAY....
WHITE AMERICA KNOWS WHO THE fukk PATRICK KANE IS.

WHERE ARE THE WHITE FEMINIST ORGANIZATIONS
AND GLORIA ALRED?

THIS VICTIM NEEDS THEIR SUPPORT.
:devil:
:evil:

America is made up of more than white america and majority of southern white americans won't be able to tell you who he is if he walked down the street with his skates on.
but of course i'm arguing 2 chicago dudes on this...

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
maybe, but Kane is an American superstar, on the most visible franchise in the league

Im in Chicago, so its been discussed non-stop here, but on a national level, it really hasn't gotten any play and that is hypocritical

Kane also has a history of being an a$$hole, so there's that as well, he seems to be getting a pass on a national level

Even in Chicago they are talking about, wait until the facts come out....some aren't even using the word rape as recklessly....everything is so measured

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
last thing i need when i turn into sports radio or tv is more garbage discussions
im sorry you wanna hear about freaking patrick kane all damn day

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Remember when Jameis was accuse of rape and white America made sexual assault a national issue and the collective outrage and vitriole aimed at Winston? Jameis was never charged, was found Not Guilty of conduct hearing, and they still can't stop talking about the allegations. Every article that discusses Winston talk about the allegations. Meanwhile white America and the media are quiet as church mice when it comes to Patrick Kane and are acting like it's immoral to discuss the allegations without a criminal charge. No OTL report on Kane, or feature story about off the field issues in hockey or nothing.
you are correct
Jhy9xHw.gif

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:francis: I couldn't pick him out of a police lineup and I consider myself a huge sports fan

Same for me and I'm from Buffalo, used to be a huge hockey fan too. Its definitely a combination of race and the growing irrelevance of hockey.

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
How many people in the US knew Winston before the lies?
They will think of excuses to justify blatant racism and prejudice directly in front of their face. Jameis Winston was a college student. He had just became the starter for Florida State that year. White America made sure to disparage his character at every single turn

Whooty Chaser

#PAWGSET
Daps
It's got nothing to do with white privilege, people in this country don't fukk with hockey like that. Even if Patrick Kane was black the case would still get little coverage because it's a hockey player. Let a white baseball, football, or basketball player catch a rape charge and that shyt will be everywhere, not as much pub as a black player, but way more than a hockey player of any race.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
this story isnt about hockey though, its about a sexual assault case

and its not like this involving a random lacrosee player, its a superstar in one of the largest sports leagues in the world who has had issues in the past
:sas2:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
TBH, I think it has very little to do with race here.

MLS soccer is starting to catch up to the NHL in TV ratings. It's not that they're "protecting" Kane by staying quiet. They're staying quiet because no one gives a fuk about hockey. Money Manziel was scrutinized just as heavily as Winston and he's white, and to be quite frank he didn't even rape anybody--he just liked to party, and it really comes down to the fact that the media actually cares about college football.:yeshrug: