Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
All people can be racist. :mjlol:

Everything the media does is for clicks and views. Most media outlets are absolute fukkign scum. The fact is, most people scrolling through ESPN would see "Patrick Kane" and not look twice.

The media destroyed Big Ben.

The media is destroying Tom Brady.

The media bashed Ryan Leaf even after he wasn't in the NFL for a decade.

All those guys were guilty of something. Back to the topic Jameis Winston is not guilty or it wasn't enough evidence to even take it to court becuz ole girl story changed so many times. But this Patrick Kane can have his shyt swept under the rug until he's proven to be innocent or guilty.

If Patrick Kane win the MVP of the NHL next season they won't be saying he has rape allegations over his head. If Jameis win the ROY in the NFL they'll say troubled former FSU QB Jameis Winston is the NFL's ROY.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When Jameis got charged was it during bowl season?

First of all he wasn't charged.....and no, it wasn't during bowl season. See how the narrative shapes thinking? Without even questioning it, you used the word "charged".

tumblr_inline_mp45zj2D6s1qz4rgp.gif

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't say that here breh.

No one here has ever watched hockey and didn't know who Kane was until this happened, but they're sure he's a superstar and as popular as Kobe or any football player in the country.

Jameis wasn't a Heisman winning QB....he was a red shirt freshman making like his 7th start

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
You mean the script where all they talk about is white Tom Brady and the Patriots (who are literally loaded with white skill position players) being cheaters and going through Brady's personal conversations and showing them to the entire world and lying about the amount of air deflated and in how many footballs for months and suspending him despite lack of evidence?

That script?

:beli:

Here's the script.

You get talked about the most if you're a big name in a big 3 sport (nfl, nba, mlb)
You get talked about the least if you're anybody in any other sport.
False equivalencies. Tom Brady and the Pats have gotten media scrutiny(even though they have a history of cheating with Spygate) for deflategate(which only happened this past January) isn't the same as Jameis Winston(who's been cleared of what allegedly happened 3yrs ago) STILL getting scrutiny.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Yes, but I'm not oblivious to racism in America and in the world. 99% of the time I'll be the first in line for the "fukk the system and their blatant racism" rally, just ask @Wachaveli

But I just don't think this is one of those times. White players in the NFL/NBA who have fukked up have gotten loads of coverage. Hockey just isn't popular.
They get coverage, but they also get exonerated more expediently than Black players. Clear as day. Jameis might have to win a Superbowl before America doesn't associate him with rape. But even then, it'll probably give the Beadles of the world more ammunition to write articles. I can imagine a "Boycott The Superbowl" article being written by Sarah Spain.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
2 years ago I would have told you this is the stupidest thing I've ever read. :francis:

But I wouldn't put it past ESPN now :mjcry:
Poor Tom. The NFL's punishing him to appease the Black male ego. Gtfoh with that bull. I personally thought the Patriots were the beat team. They would've whooped Indy regardless imho. But Pats fans, are insufferable man.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They get coverage, but they also get exonerated more expediently than Black players. Clear as day. Jameis might have to win a Superbowl before America doesn't associate him with rape. But even then, it'll probably give the Beadles of the world more ammunition to write articles. I can imagine a "Boycott The Superbowl" article being written by Sarah Spain.

If i hear the "off the field issues" code phrase again.....:stopitslime:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Im pretty sure this has to do with the fact that this is smack dab in the offseason of hockey, while football season is gearing up and MLB pennant races are beginning.

When the Jameis Winston fukkery came out, FSU was beasting and he was leading the Heisman race. All eyes were on him and then BAM. The Winston story was easier to sell at the time.

But people saying that its because hockey isn't popular dunno what they talkin bout.:stopitslime:. NASCAR is the most attended spectator sport in the United States. :martin:Think about that. Yet not I, nor anyone on here could name 5 current NASCAR drivers by face. But that doesnt mean it aint popular here. More Americans claim NHL as their favorite sport than they do NBA.:sas1: Think about that too.

If the Patrick Kane accusations came out in the middle of the NHL playoffs would it have blown up more? Probably. Now would he get treated like Jameis tho? I dont know for sure... but if you created that scenario, I bet you i'd guess right.:sas2:
What about Ben Roethlisberger? And Zach Mettenberger? Them rapey white Berger boys? Forreal tho, we've had two White American QB', one of them a two time Superbowl champ for one of the most historic franchises in the NFL, not get nearly the amount of grief as Jameis Winston. And Big Ben had two separate Sexual Assault cases against him. Even Peyton Manning had that story of him pulling his pants down, and sitting his bare butt crack on the face of a female athletic trainer when he was in college at Tennessee.

When did I ever say that the media wasnt racist?
Only thing I've posted in this thread is about the all around irrelevancy a of Patrick Kane to the general American public

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
and funny enough the #BlackLivesMatter team has been keeping everyone aware of this incident (to show that this is a widespread problem with police officers everywhere) while the mainstream media does nothing :francis::martin:
Well, White people have the power to change it. If White people don't want to protest against shoddy policing when one of their own gets gunned down, than it ain't our fault. Sorry!!!!

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
You are talking about the guy who was the youngest man ever to win the Heisman Trophy, got drafted #1 in the NFL draft as a true sophomore (picked ahead of the current Heisman winner who had beat him 59-20 on the field), and whose worst legal consequences suffered were 20 hours of community service.

And right now, this is a guy who hasn't taken a single NFL snap but is getting raved about in the media left and right. How is it not "business as usual" for Winston - because some haters mention crab legs now and then?

If this is the example of anti-Black racism ya'all want to run with, than the struggle is already over. Winston is doing plenty fine for himself. All these horrible things that mean people have said about him still didn't sway a bunch of old White Heisman voters, still didn't keep his team from being voted into the playoff back-to-back years, and still didn't dissuade old White NFL owners from wanting him to be their QB.

Some of ya'all idolize these guys so much, and still fail to see that they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else. The shyt Jameis have to deal with ain't nothing compared to what the average Black man has to deal with, and never will be, because he's rich and famous. This is the same phenomenon that leads to people caping for OJ, R. Kelly, Cosby, etc. - you don't get that when you're ultra-rich, it trumps everything else.

p.s. - plenty of people still making Manziel jokes. Since he joined the NFL the praise has been heavily outweighed by the general mockery. People still talking about him being a dumbass all the time.
But why would you put Jameis in the same sentence as OJ, Cosby, and R.Kelly?

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
It's got nothing to do with white privilege, people in this country don't fukk with hockey like that. Even if Patrick Kane was black the case would still get little coverage because it's a hockey player. Let a white baseball, football, or basketball player catch a rape charge and that shyt will be everywhere, not as much pub as a black player, but way more than a hockey player of any race.

:jbhmm:

So......you can basically do whatever the hell you want and won't be called on it as long as you play hockey?
:ld: