Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
:childplease: Why are you y'all engaging with the troll cac whose basic argument is

"but but but buuuut black people do it"

Put his ass on ignore and keep it moving.

What I find fascinating is the feminist websites have not picked up this story.

No links on Jezebel. :lupe:

Yeah ol'boy is a hockey player that many of us don't know, but that doesn't mean the relationship of sports and sexual violence should not be covered, after all hockey is a sport that is filled with thugs (:mjdrinking:smile:.

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
:childplease: Why are you y'all engaging with the troll cac whose basic argument is

"but but but buuuut black people do it"

Put his ass on ignore and keep it moving.

What I find fascinating is the feminist websites have not picked up this story.

No links on Jezebel. :lupe:

Yeah ol'boy is a hockey player that many of us don't know, but that doesn't mean the relationship of sports and sexual violence should not be covered, after all hockey is a sport that is filled with thugs (:mjdrinking:smile:.

That's not my argument. This dude took a conversation that we had in another thread and brought it over here. And now they're trying to redefine words :mjlol::russ:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It's always funny seeing some of the responses in these types of threads where some dudes just love to deny that race is a major underlying factor. No need to deny it brehs; it's the same reason why cats like J Manziel can do all sorts of dumb things, wait for the immediate media storm to die down, after which, it's business as usual whereas guys like Jameis will ALWAYS have to live with the false accusation and mentions of the stolen crabs, etc.

You are talking about the guy who was the youngest man ever to win the Heisman Trophy, got drafted #1 in the NFL draft as a true sophomore (picked ahead of the current Heisman winner who had beat him 59-20 on the field), and whose worst legal consequences suffered were 20 hours of community service.

And right now, this is a guy who hasn't taken a single NFL snap but is getting raved about in the media left and right. How is it not "business as usual" for Winston - because some haters mention crab legs now and then?

If this is the example of anti-Black racism ya'all want to run with, than the struggle is already over. Winston is doing plenty fine for himself. All these horrible things that mean people have said about him still didn't sway a bunch of old White Heisman voters, still didn't keep his team from being voted into the playoff back-to-back years, and still didn't dissuade old White NFL owners from wanting him to be their QB.

Some of ya'all idolize these guys so much, and still fail to see that they don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else. The shyt Jameis have to deal with ain't nothing compared to what the average Black man has to deal with, and never will be, because he's rich and famous. This is the same phenomenon that leads to people caping for OJ, R. Kelly, Cosby, etc. - you don't get that when you're ultra-rich, it trumps everything else.

p.s. - plenty of people still making Manziel jokes. Since he joined the NFL the praise has been heavily outweighed by the general mockery.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Does most of America know who Sam Bradford is? No, and Jameis Winston had the credentials of Sam Bradford when the media put him on blast. College Football is obviously very popular, but these kids aren't world famous A-list stars. The reason most of America knows who Jameis is is because the media pushed the story. I'm sure most of America doesn't know who Patrick Kane is, but that's the media's job! To tell them. Even if he's not as popular as Tom Brady or Kobe, Kane is a public figure. He's probably about as popular as pre-punch Ray Rice. He is the star of a sports league watched by millions of people, there is a media prerogative to pursue this story.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
  1. the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
    • prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Only on thecoli is racism defined differently :russ:
I asked you about racism in different fields. So blacks should only worry about the KKK, not the racist banker, employer, real estate, educator?

Whites LOVE to dumb down racism to a one size fits all criteria to ignore away the (Fill in the blank)_________ racism they impose onto others

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps
Whites LOVE to dumb down racism to a one size fits all criteria to ignore away the (Fill in the blank)_________ racism they impose onto others

I've already acknowledged multiple times that racism committed by whites is far worse and far deeper than racism committed by other races.

This conversation goes back to another thread where he said it was literally impossible to be racist and black. I'm not dumbing down racism. People as a WHOLE love to pretend that they, loved ones and people close to them are exempt from being murderers, racists, rapists, etc..

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
:mjlol:

I would say that the overwhelming majority of sports fans in America know who Bradford is.
Coming out of college, not a chance. Mark Ingram and Troy Smith same deal. Winning the Heisman is not as big as winning the superbowl and is probably on par with winning the Stanley Cup 3 times in terms of recognizability. And it's not just sports fans. Jameis' story became bigger than the sport. Most people who know of Jameis Winston know of him because of this incident, not because of his exploits on the field.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I've already acknowledged multiple times that racism committed by whites is far worse and far deeper than racism committed by other races.

This conversation goes back to another thread where he said it was literally impossible to be racist and black. I'm not dumbing down racism. People as a WHOLE love to pretend that they, loved ones and people close to them are exempt from being murderers, racists, rapists, etc..
Yet you found reason enough to bring up black hate groups as if they're shoulder to shoulder with white general racism that has a way greater reach and much more day to day damaging.

I just don't get white folks thirst for that

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Breh think about it. How many people max watch hockey? Compare it to the NBA. Think of who's played in front of more eyes on a regular basis. It's not that I don't fukk with hockey it's that whole regions of the country never watched one hockey game in their life. It's the fact that the majority of minorities don't watch the sport and the only Kanes they know are the Big Red Machine and the nikka from menace ii society :heh:

so you're telling me this dude who played with one of the most popular people in the world
birdman-baby-tattoos-heat-anderson-570x379.jpg

isn't more recognizable than this dude
5932f7dd-929c-3bd7-a52b-2fd2a46ff3e1.jpeg

to majority of America?
gimme a damn break :heh:
What about Ben Roethlisberger? And Zach Mettenberger? Them rapey white Berger boys? Forreal tho, we've had two White American QB', one of them a two time Superbowl champ for one of the most historic franchises in the NFL, not get nearly the amount of grief as Jameis Winston. And Big Ben had two separate Sexual Assault cases against him. Even Peyton Manning had that story of him pulling his pants down, and sitting his bare butt crack on the face of a female athletic trainer when he was in college at Tennessee.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
It's got nothing to do with white privilege, people in this country don't fukk with hockey like that. Even if Patrick Kane was black the case would still get little coverage because it's a hockey player. Let a white baseball, football, or basketball player catch a rape charge and that shyt will be everywhere, not as much pub as a black player, but way more than a hockey player of any race.
Ben Roethliberger's still loved by many. Zach Mettenberger is only hated for being a douche. But not for being rapey. On the flip side, you can't even mention Jameis without mentioning rape. We need to be honest about this.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Now hockey is lacrosse status. :mjlol:

The coli and black people in general don't give a shyt about hockey but I'm not so naive to act like it isnt popular. I don't give a flying fukk about NASCAR but I still know it has a large fanbase.

This dude is a superstar on one of the most popular NHL franchises that just won a Stanley fukking cup. :mjlol:

ESPN covers hockey. They have Barry Melrose on there all the time to discuss hockey. They follow the NHL playoffs. Its not like hockey is completely irrelevant like cricket or some shyt.

This should be a bigger story. But we know why. :sas2:

Y'all just acting stupid.
They all but forgot about BEN ROETHLISBERGER!! B-B-B-But who watches the NFL anyway? Who's a Steelers fan anyway? Who cares about the Quarterback position anyway?

NYC Rebel

Daps
They all but forgot about BEN ROETHLISBERGER!! B-B-B-But who watches the NFL anyway? Who's a Steelers fan anyway? Who cares about the Quarterback position anyway?
Ben who the media initially white privilege protected when the news came out?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Or the third string QB on FSU? Or PAC Man Jones or Chris Henry (before his death). These are all dudes that ESPN made multiple articles and talking points about athletes behaving badly.

Let's not forget even athletes like Jamal Tinsley after he was shot at after a visit to the club one night. Folks like Jemelle Hill (and her ESPN colleagues) used the shooting to write articles and push the narrative that athletes (IE black athletes don't need to stay out late).

Hey but what do you expect from these fools. They were capping for Andy Reid and his kids slanging rocks and running around totting guns. Even after the judge said that Andy Reid's house was a drug emporium (means a drug store).
Wait, Wait, Wait!! Andy Reid's kids were trappin'? Jeez!!!