Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Dude got ethered in the last episodes. Calling him monotonous. He was crushed. Shortly afterwards, the show was cancelled.

Show was demonic overall.

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin

Look out for ya boy in this movie coming out (hopefully) soon
nature_calls.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love patrices whole "righteous" talk, who remembers him talking about bj Novak on the set looking at him funny and Patrice thought he was a bum :pachaha:

Patrice on o&a breaking down black bevaviours was always clasdic, I remember him saying white people were more fun than black people to hang with.

Another story that I like is Anthony telling about the time Patrice had a pint of Guinness at his house, sitting in a chair and just chilling drunk off one pint, cos he didn't drink.

The amazing thing is that a lot of people hated Patrice, cos he could be an arsehole, but once you were in with him you loved him.

Another great story is joe de rosa saying he made Patrice a hip hop mix tape, to listen to cos they had to drive to somewhere for s gig when joe first met Patrice, he said Patrice put the cd in, listened to the first 20 seconds of every song and then skipped it haha, for every single song on the tape :pachaha:

Patrice could be an arsehole, but he was a loveable arsehole :laugh:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
He did indirectly bring up something interesting that I never really noticed - I've never really heard Kevin Hart make race-based jokes.

only time i could think of was on tough crowd when the topic was stereotypes. he definitely sticks to family life and every day shyt for his specials.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the episodes of the black phillip show with jeff have me mad vex. The show was at its best with just him, dante and karrith. I would've beat the brakes off the white comedian broad in the first two episodes. And I hated how with nearly every episode a new set of broads were brought in so it would feel like you'd be listening to the same episode because patrice would have to start again and break down the broads. Although, in another way it helped prove he wasn't chatting bollocks because all the different girls said the same shyt