Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just finished watching the 13th episode.

my thoughts:

-every single man should listen to this shyt.
-dude's analogy were fukking spot on and funny as fukk with gems
-dude's went hard on his jokes
-havng different girls every few episodes was a double edged sword cause on one hand it proved his points that all these women from different background, cultures, temperments, and looks were still acting all the same lol. it proved his point but at the same time it would have been fun to see the evolution in one of them and see Patrice eventually getting to "pimp" one of them on the show. not saying he would have litterally fukked them but had the show been regular (weekly) and had they had one of them be permanent, you would have felt at some point that she would slowly follow Patrice,s lead more and more. and that would have been funny as fukk. by the end of most of the episodes, you kinda felt like the girl was opening up a little to his philosophy but next show it was already a new girl...

-i really felt weird listening to the last episode like someone else said, i was kinda slowing down around the 10th cause i felt it was gonna finish soon...

-this shyt is true game.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so i started checking out the Beige Phillip show...

iono...first episode was kinda cool. second one was dope mainly cause of Jayson. he definitely brings more of that "realness" aura that Patrice had. dude should be a regular. but then i checked the descriptions for the following episodes and it seems like he wasn't invited again??

Dante is cool but he's kind of annoying as the main host. something off about him and the show imo. it's almost like he's trying too hard to be harsh. it sounds forced for some reason. Jayson and even Harry seemed cool cause they seemed natural. Maybe he''s not as confident cause it's his first time being the main host. i don't know, there's something off about the vibe Dante is putting out. I think he just doesn't seem like the type of dude who usually control the flow of a conversation. not saying he can't get better though...

i'll try to check out all of the episodes but please tell me it gets better. still much love to them for trying to continue the work.

Cool Dr. Money

I’m Lil Jimmy but my boys call me J-Murder!
Daps
Reppin
Q.U./N.J.

iono...first episode was kinda cool. second one was dope mainly cause of Jayson. he definitely brings more of that "realness" aura that Patrice had. dude should be a regular. but then i checked the descriptions for the following episodes and it seems like he wasn't invited again??

Dante is cool but he's kind of annoying as the main host. something off about him and the show imo. it's almost like he's trying too hard to be harsh. it sounds forced for some reason. Jayson and even Harry seemed cool cause they seemed natural. Maybe he''s not as confident cause it's his first time being the main host. i don't know, there's something off about the vibe Dante is putting out. I think he just doesn't seem like the type of dude who usually control the flow of a conversation. not saying he can't get better though...

i'll try to check out all of the episodes but please tell me it gets better. still much love to them for trying to continue the work.

i havent listened to the show yet i'll get around to it but i still say it aint the same without P there. Dante is more of a cohost than a main host, i dunno what it is but P just did something nobody else can do as far as the whole concept of the show goes

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

idk, i feel like he's as consistent as he was on black phillip. he's not as brazen as patrice was, but can go there if need be... Harry is pretty funny, i think episode 17 or 18 he keeps doing this impersonation:

show is starting to get into its groove around 15 or so... i really enjoy it... may more gems in this than in black phillip because of it's structure...

Last edited by a moderator:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
idk, i feel like he's as consistent as he was on black phillip. he's not as brazen as patrice was, but can go there if need be... Harry is pretty funny, i think episode 17 or 18 he keeps doing this impersonation: Get Me My Money! - YouTube

show is starting to get into its groove around 15 or so... i really enjoy it... may more gems in this than in black phillip because of it's structure...

i haven't checked out The Beige Phillip show yet. i'll definitely check it out over the weekend.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk, i feel like he's as consistent as he was on black phillip. he's not as brazen as patrice was, but can go there if need be... Harry is pretty funny, i think episode 17 or 18 he keeps doing this impersonation: Get Me My Money! - YouTube

i'll give them that. it's more structured and focused. but at the same time which i think works better for Dante's style. I think it's unfair to compare the two. with one as the standard. all i'm saying is that sometimes it seems like Dante is trying really hard to re-do Black phillip running gags or catchphrases/classic moments. but with a different crew and different overall vibe it comes off as corny at times. that's why i said it sounds a little forced. in the first episodes. i gotta say it's slowly getting better and better. they seem to progressively get a groove. i'm actually rooting for them though...

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea, he does a bunch of Patrices classic routines but I take it as homage.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't seen everything from Patrice and while i love the work i've seen from him, i'm no reference on everything he's done. I've heard a few of the classic moments on O&A, all of Black Phillip, Elephant in The Room, a few comedy sets here and there (nasty show, the one where he talks about reciets and leaving a trail, etc)

would you guys consider The Black Phillip Show to be his "Magnum Opus"?

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
just finished watching the 13th episode.

my thoughts:

-every single man should listen to this shyt.
-dude's analogy were fukking spot on and funny as fukk with gems
-dude's went hard on his jokes
-havng different girls every few episodes was a double edged sword cause on one hand it proved his points that all these women from different background, cultures, temperments, and looks were still acting all the same lol. it proved his point but at the same time it would have been fun to see the evolution in one of them and see Patrice eventually getting to "pimp" one of them on the show. not saying he would have litterally fukked them but had the show been regular (weekly) and had they had one of them be permanent, you would have felt at some point that she would slowly follow Patrice,s lead more and more. and that would have been funny as fukk. by the end of most of the episodes, you kinda felt like the girl was opening up a little to his philosophy but next show it was already a new girl...

-i really felt weird listening to the last episode like someone else said, i was kinda slowing down around the 10th cause i felt it was gonna finish soon...

-this shyt is true game.

Can you drop a link for that episode?

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin

Our boy left us with another (potential) gem (hopefully)

Last edited by a moderator:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I haven't seen everything from Patrice and while i love the work i've seen from him, i'm no reference on everything he's done. I've heard a few of the classic moments on O&A, all of Black Phillip, Elephant in The Room, a few comedy sets here and there (nasty show, the one where he talks about reciets and leaving a trail, etc)

would you guys consider The Black Phillip Show to be his "Magnum Opus"?

yes and no. some of his funniest stories came from the opie and anthony show.