Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Anyone ever hear the story where Patrice said he got robbed, but explained the robber was bullying him prior to that?

Said that robber pulled a gun on him, but by that time patrice was ripe to get robbed anyway.

Broke down the whole hood/wolf mentality.

Patrice o Neil was a great thinker for the common man.

yeah the nikka took his whole breakdancing puma suit but let him keep the sneakers :laff:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
There's not one bit you can name I haven't heard man, that jail joint was NUTS.

The shyt a girl can do/say that can change a nikka's life is incredible.

Patrice kind of fukked up the type of comedy I like, not in terms of content but quality. I just gotta say it, 'black' comedy sucks apart from a few choice people. Earthquake, Kevin Hart and Corey Holcomb are the only ones that come to mind right now.

Since Patrice is dead now and on my Mt. Rushmore of comics Bill Burr is my favourite living comedian

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
There's not one bit you can name I haven't heard man, that jail joint was NUTS.

The shyt a girl can do/say that can change a nikka's life is incredible.

Patrice kind of fukked up the type of comedy I like, not in terms of content but quality. I just gotta say it, 'black' comedy sucks apart from a few choice people. Earthquake, Kevin Hart and Corey Holcomb are the only ones that come to mind right now.

Since Patrice is dead now and on my Mt. Rushmore of comics Bill Burr is my favourite living comedian

Bill Burr and Louis CK are holding it down right now. Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are MIA but their spots can be reclaimed with just one special each. Other than that most if not all of my other favorites are dead. Patrice, Pryor, Carlin, Hedberg, Giraldo.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Any of y'all fukk with any female comics?

Maria Bamford is a personal favourite of mine and I'm feeling Chelsea Peretti's comedy too

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to see bill burr when he was in London last winter, just all round great.

If you ain't already, subscribe to bills Monday morning podcast, he even skipped the show the week Patrice passed and nearly cried nearly when he talked about it the next week :sad:

Pat vs bill over man cow was great as well, only time I half heard bill Getting boyed off :pachaha:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I've hears every MMP since he was recording them straight into his phone. He's my favourite comedian - he Louie and Patrice were just so ahead of everyone else.

I missed Bill in London but I'm gonna try and catch him when he does his next mini Euro tour

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Anyone ever hear the story where Patrice said he got robbed, but explained the robber was bullying him prior to that?

Said that robber pulled a gun on him, but by that time patrice was ripe to get robbed anyway.

Broke down the whole hood/wolf mentality.

Patrice o Neil was a great thinker for the common man.

Last edited by a moderator:

B.drizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show changed my life and my perspective on how to deal with these women after listening and applying his theory and methods to my relationships now i couldnt be happier my girl now calls me "sensei" after i broke down the karate class bit to her i got her asking how she can earn the next belt lmao this man was brilliant

On a side note i would trade my left arm to be in the room when patrice, kevin hart, jim norton, rich vos and the rest of they crew beatdown bill burr with jokes for an hour about doing a gig on a bus the buffonery would have been epic ill try to find the clip of them talking about it i think it was when kevin hart was being interviewed on o and a when he was first starting to blow up

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Show changed my life and my perspective on how to deal with these women after listening and applying his theory and methods to my relationships now i couldnt be happier my girl now calls me "sensei" after i broke down the karate class bit to her i got her asking how she can earn the next belt lmao this man was brilliant

On a side note i would trade my left arm to be in the room when patrice, kevin hart, jim norton, rich vos and the rest of they crew beatdown bill burr with jokes for an hour about doing a gig on a bus the buffonery would have been epic ill try to find the clip of them talking about it i think it was when kevin hart was being interviewed on o and a when he was first starting to blow up

Yoooooo

Just them talking about the beating had me in tears, imaging being there.

LMAO @ Bill doing a gig on a bus for Superbowl tickets.

I think it was Bob Kelly that said something about "How were you introduced?"

They roasted him for standing at the steps of the bus and walking up to no applause.

That crew of friends (Burr, Norton, Quinn, Vos, Keith Robinson, Hart, Patrice, Kelly) is something epic. If I had it I'd pay serious money for close circuit footage of them clownin' at The Cellar

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yoooooo

They roasted him for standing at the steps of the bus and walking up to no applause.

That crew of friends (Burr, Norton, Quinn, Vos, Keith Robinson, Hart, Patrice, Kelly) is something epic. If I had it I'd pay serious money for close circuit footage of them clownin' at The Cellar
Not trying to shyt on their acts, but them clowning on each other be funnier than their stand-ups.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Yoooooo

:laff:

Last edited by a moderator:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i just realized while replaying that Patrice was in GTA IV... :to: thats my comedian...