Patrice O'neal and the Black Phillip Show appreciation

B.drizzle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's the one. i would have gave anything to be in there for that here is bill's account of what happened

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHdKcYL722Y"]Bill Burr Bus Beating - According to Burr.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not trying to shyt on their acts, but them clowning on each other be funnier than their stand-ups.

Yep, only bill has classic material front to back.

Though I think Patrice was getting better as a stand up.

In a room together, they come up With classic banter though.

Saying bill would be introduced abd come out of the toilet on the coach to perform :pachaha:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yep, only bill has classic material front to back.

Though I think Patrice was getting better as a stand up.

In a room together, they come up With classic banter though.

Saying bill would be introduced abd come out of the toilet on the coach to perform :pachaha:

That's what makes Patrice's death really sad. You can tell he was coming into his own with his standup act.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I know that this is a different thread but what ya'll think of Bill's 'You People are All The Same' special on Netfilx?

I don't think it's as good as 'Let It Go' but his material is still far and away better than 90% of active comics

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Son, his jokes about his girlfriend was sooooo real.:wow:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I know that this is a different thread but what ya'll think of Bill's 'You People are All The Same' special on Netfilx?

I don't think it's as good as 'Let It Go' but his material is still far and away better than 90% of active comics

co-sign everything you said. i find his jokes in this special were funnier to me because it built upon the jokes he had in his last specials. like in his last special he told us he got a pitbull, this special we learn that said pitbull is now a psycho due to bill burr's anger problems. i love when comics do that.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what makes Patrice's death really sad. You can tell he was coming into his own with his standup act.

I think even Patrice says his laziness stunted him as a stand up, as in He never wrote anything down or rehearsed it, just got on stage and went for it(which is kind of amazing in itself anyway).

If you listen to a podcast he done on mohr stories (jay mohrs podcast) just before he had his stroke, it seemed like Patrice was addressing this and was finaly gonna come come up his own way.

Then.....:sad:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I think even Patrice says his laziness stunted him as a stand up, as in He never wrote anything down or rehearsed it, just got on stage and went for it(which is kind of amazing in itself anyway).

If you listen to a podcast he done on mohr stories (jay mohrs podcast) just before he had his stroke, it seemed like Patrice was addressing this and was finaly gonna come come up his own way.

Then.....:sad:

The Jay Mohr podcast and the Marc Maron podcast were :sadcam: to listen to.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Yeah they were real tough to listen too

He just got a deal with FX right? For his own Louie type show - a small budget each week then do what you want type thing

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it was for Comedy Central.

Patrice was way other due for his own show. :noah:

That Vh1 web thing didn't count. Speaking of VH1, I used to also enjoy his commentary on the I Love the 70s, 80s, and 90s specials.