Pastor fired for attending Rick Ross concert

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm at 14 years and counting. Last time i went to church: Early november 1999

:whew: Wow man, ou're a veteran. I've only been there once in the past 2 and a half years. And that one time was for New years 2012. :whew:

You an atheist? ;patrice:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: the fukk that got to do with the statement..?

alot of very well-known Pastors go to the BET Awards.. most people in church, watch BET regularly.. they have a church segment, in the middle of the awards..

Be in the world not of the world. What place does a man that serves the Lord have in a Rick Ross or BET concert. That's completely backwards. Have you heard the things that Rick Ross raps about? Have you seen the things that BET shows on their network? Why would a Christian be supporting Rick Ross or BET? Shouldn't they be supporting Christian rappers? I swear Christians are such hypocrites. :russ:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
The coldest part is that they didn't even meet with him 1st to let him know he was fired. They let him show up Sunday morning thinking he was gonna deliver a message. They should have at least called him to the office and let him know face-to-face beforehand.

Daps
It has everything to do with statement. What kind of music is generally glorified on bet and the bet awards?? So pastors are showing up to events where music that God is against and it's ok?? No wonder why some on here think church is joke, why wouldn't they when they see "church leaders" mixing it up with individuals who talk about killing the community and degrading women
it says they lead a normal life, and unlike you- they can differentiate reality, from entertainment..

and, where in the bible does it say God is against hip-hop, or any form of entertainment.. :lupe:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:whew: Wow man, ou're a veteran. I've only been there once in the past 2 and a half years. And that one time was for New years 2012. :whew:

You an atheist? ;patrice:
No. No atheist. Just not sure what I am tho. I perceive God in a different way than most. I was never into church, really. I was raised catholic but would to attend a baptist church and other churches regularly in HS. Tho it wasnt always by choice. Then i stopped and would go on and off. . Last time i went was on saturday november 6th 1999. Then something happened on the 11th. I havent been to church SERVICES since.

The past 14 years the only times i have set foot inside a church has been for funerals and weddings. I just hate religion, period. Tho i respect it.

When i feel the need to pray I do it at home, all alone.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
My issue with all this is that the pastor cant have a life outside of the church. Its a fukking concert give me a break.

I couldnt stand to be around that holier than thou shyt all the time. nikka im trying to live

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
something tells me he was doing some reckless shyt at the concerts that embarrassed the congregation and it probably landed on some social media site...seems like theres more to the story ,these sites just love to generalize there articles for the sake of interest

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:what: do you nikkaz realize this was a Pastor?? We aren't talking about your average member, Any church worth their floors would of done the same thing. If you're going to lead a church that clearly have a set of morals and principles, you should not be at a Rick Ross concert listening to that type of content. What can this pastor tell his congregation about living their life when he is consuming and enjoying the same music that the church is against.