Pastor fired for attending Rick Ross concert

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
So wait, people who go to church don't listen to rick ross? :what:
:what: where did I say that? I'm sure people who go to a chrisitan baptist church do a lot of things that go against what that type of church teaches.

My point is when you become a leader at a church, you are held to a hire standard than the congregants, and the principles and morals of the teaching of the bible is under your responsibility.

If I lead an organization against gay marriage, I probably wouldn't be attending gay marriages, if I lead a civil rights organization, I probably wouldn't be kicking it at a KKK rally, if you lead a church that teaches against the glorification of a certain lifestyle, it's probably a good idea that you not attend a concert of someone who does nothing but glorify that lifestyle.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Pastors are human. Was it an bad mstake by him by being a leader of a church YES. This is nothing compared to what some pastors do.,there are far worst issues out there.You have married pastors having affairs,stealing $$ etc. People confuse a bad mistake with a bad person. Maybe the pastor in this case was attending these concerts to minister to some youth,maybe he attended for entertainment.Who knows :manny:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Just so it's clear, y'all do understand that there are different denominations within the Protestant and Catholic forms of Christianty?

Like how Baptists do their thing (and believe it or not there's divisions diff forms of Baptists :drakelaughinggif:smile: is different than Pentacostals, different than Methodists(which is where my denomination falls) and so on and so on...we all worship the same God for the most part just different ways of interpretation:yeshrug:

So I say all that to say how THAT church works and the way their governing body works is them I'm sure other churches woulda handled it differently. I think he was wrong and it was handled appropriately.

I mean I'm a Christian and I listen to rap but I try not to cuss or whatever. We sin every day but I just ask for forgiveness, try n live right, read my Word and I KIM... Don't judge the next man but he da Pastor/Leader he shoula set a better example.

I'm out

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
:dahell: Who the fukk is William Roberts?

Rick Ross real name

Those critical thinking skills (or lack thereof)
kobe-laugh.gif