Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
just started watching bong’s movies in preparation and :damn::damn::damn:

memories of murder :ohlawd: maybe the best detective movie ive ever seen

the host :ooh: easily the best monster movie ive seen

everything ive seen from him so far been perfect. this dude might be the best director alive right now.

and why aint nobody tell me how funny memories of murder gets?
the constant jump kicking :mjlol:
You watching Mother next? :Jimmy:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Its brilliant middle section pivots on the best reveal since Get Out’s invocation of the “sunken place,” and Bong’s sociology is no less potent than Jordan Peele’s. In fact, a double bill of Parasite and Peele’s shadow-self psychodrama Us would be instructive, both in terms of their eerily similar approaches to a postmillennial zeitgeist in which class aspiration and rage have merged into one molten entity, and also to show how much more adept Bong is at merging comedy, terror, drama, symbolism, and a keen sense of cinematic history into a fully integrated package.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
just started watching bong’s movies in preparation and :damn::damn::damn:

memories of murder :ohlawd: maybe the best detective movie ive ever seen

the host :ooh: easily the best monster movie ive seen

everything ive seen from him so far been perfect. this dude might be the best director alive right now.

and why aint nobody tell me how funny memories of murder gets?
the constant jump kicking :mjlol:
Good to see the praise for The Host. That's such an underrated movie in his filmography considering how brilliant the family dynamic in that movie is (very similar to Parasite actually too).

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
even when you prepared for Asian film fukkery, it still catches you off guard :wow: but to me the switch halfway thru didn't even change the pace of the movie to me at all. Matter of fact, it was quite seamless :wow: and that ending :picard::dwillhuh::whoo::demonic::mjcry:

Great film but a bit more on the nose about social ills than recent Korean films I've seen

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was iight. Should of stuck with the plan. Any of y'all letting randos in your crib in the middle of night in the middle of a storm?

One other thing. All four of these fools was making good money right? So why these clowns still slumming it up like they ain't got no money? There is no reason they should of been a victim of that flood.

And the old nikka had no reason to still be musty either

And why in the entire fukk did they want to go back down in the basement? Leave them nikkas be down there. They wasn't going no where.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
it was iight. Should of stuck with the plan. Any of y'all letting randos in your crib in the middle of night in the middle of a storm?

One other thing. All four of these fools was making good money right? So why these clowns still slumming it up like they ain't got no money? There is no reason they should of been a victim of that flood.

And the old nikka had no reason to still be musty either

And why in the entire fukk did they want to go back down in the basement? Leave them nikkas be down there. They wasn't going no where.
This reads like giving fine dining to a child :hhh:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Tell me where I'm wrong :russ:
How long did you think they were working for the Parks? :skip:

Yeah they started making money but that doesn't mean they're going to have enough saved up to pack up and move into the suburbs in the same week breh. And since they were still living in the slums, yes the father still smelled like old radish (:mjlol:)

And the "rando" was the former housekeeper who CLEARLY knew the house better than they did and still had the Park family in her contacts....this was an entire plot point breh, they had no choice but to let her in :gucci:

Speaking of, leaving the former housekeeper who is the only one in the house besides the lunatic husband who knew about the fallout shelter in the first place seems like a GREAT idea breh :fohch: