Paper Mario: The Origami King

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Nintendo is listing this as an action-adventure game so it is more inline like the previous 3 games. With that being said I do feel like this game will be at least solid and the battle system does seem interesting from just judging from the trailer. Hopefully, this is similar to Super Paper Mario where while not an RPG but the put a focus on the story. The only game in the series I never played was Color Splash, I heard it was solid/average at best.

The thing that is annoying about some Paper Mario fans is that they are quick to call it trash becomes it is not an RPG. With that being said I'm interested in seeing the next Mario & Luigi game since Nintendo has said in the past that is the series that will be RPG focused. Although the games have gotten worse since Bowser's Inside Story.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
So is this gonna be like the old games before Wii or what?

I have Colour Splash just sitting around. lol
Nintendo is listing this as an action-adventure game so it is more inline like the previous 3 games. With that being said I do feel like this game will be at least solid and the battle system does seem interesting from just judging from the trailer. Hopefully, this is similar to Super Paper Mario where while not an RPG but the put a focus on the story. The only game in the series I never played was Color Splash, I heard it was solid/average at best.

The thing that is annoying about some Paper Mario fans is that they are quick to call it trash becomes it is not an RPG. With that being said I'm interested in seeing the next Mario & Luigi game since Nintendo has said in the past that is the series that will be RPG focused. Although the games have gotten worse since Bowser's Inside Story.

didn't the studio that was handling Mario and Luigi shut down?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
hjnsxfgkxyy41.jpg

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Super Paper Mario for Wii>>>

Lowkey, it gets super underrated. IMO it has the best story and dialog in the series. Sure gameplay isn't crazy but considering its supposed to be a platformer that shouldn't be a surprise. People would be calling it a classic if it retained the turned based RPG roots.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I haven't played a Paper Mario since Thousand Year Door. Apparently Paper Mario games that have followed TYD have been weak and Origami King might be weak too.

This Thousand Year Door knockoff is showed up on my YT page tho.

Seems to lack every bit of charm, but I'll look for more reviews.