Paper Mario: The Origami King

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This game is boring as shyt in comparison to other games in the series, and I don't like the combat system.

Super Paper Mario was a great game, it just wasn't as good as the first 2. It had the best plot in the entire series

I agree. I actually prefer it to Paper Mario 64. TTYD is the best of them tho.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
its okay but by the time I got to toad town I was already tired of it. It slows things down so much for me.

Unrelated but my biggest complaint is the damn dialogue text is so slow. There is no option for a faster speed. Feels like I’m dying waiting for Olivia to finish talking. Most games let you press B to bring all the text at once instead of making you wait line by line

The dialogue not being able to speed up is kind of annoying. I'm at the point of collecting the stones for this seal. and the battles with the more enemies scattered around the place with different variety I'm actually enjoying, but even in those battles I feel like I'm being babied :mjlol:I almost died to Shy Guy because I didn't line em up right and then the dude luckily tripped and couldn't complete the attack because he was exhausted. It seems like the game's plan was to force you to utilize your coins quite a bit in battle.

Can use them to let the toads help you, and use them to add more time to line em up properly.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:ohhh: Them japcacs at Nintendo fukked around and unintentionally created a competitor.
Yep the Nintendo playstation was a real thing and the prototypes exist.
bjglekdzdyndfwyac2hh.jpg

Nintendo reneged on the deal and struck a deal with Philips instead, which resulted in those shytty zelda games for the cdi.

Worse part about it is that Nintendo never told sony that the deal was off, sony was developing the Nintendo playstation all the way up until Nintendo announced their deal with Philips. Sony literally found out the playstation was canceled when the rest of the public found out, they were so far into development that they just finished it and released the psx, the rest is history.

:wow:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
The dialogue not being able to speed up is kind of annoying. I'm at the point of collecting the stones for this seal. and the battles with the more enemies scattered around the place with different variety I'm actually enjoying, but even in those battles I feel like I'm being babied :mjlol:I almost died to Shy Guy because I didn't line em up right and then the dude luckily tripped and couldn't complete the attack because he was exhausted. It seems like the game's plan was to force you to utilize your coins quite a bit in battle.

Can use them to let the toads help you, and use them to add more time to line em up properly.
Yep I always try to save my money but this game got me spending boatloads of it for extra time and toad help. Oh well I'm going to stock up on items and equipment before the next section.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
bjglekdzdyndfwyac2hh.jpg

Nintendo reneged on the deal and struck a deal with Philips instead, which resulted in those shytty zelda games for the cdi.

Worse part about it is that Nintendo never told sony that the deal was off, sony was developing the Nintendo playstation all the way up until Nintendo announced their deal with Philips. Sony literally found out the playstation was canceled when the rest of the public found out, they were so far into development that they just finished it and released the psx, the rest is history.

:ohhh: Breh so what was the point of the partnership in the first place? They wanted to move away from cartridges and use CDs instead? I’m confused.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:ohhh: Breh so what was the point of the partnership in the first place? They wanted to move away from cartridges and use CDs instead? I’m confused.
Nintendo wanted a hardware company familiar with cd based hardware because CDs were obviously the future. Even the 64 was originally planned to have a CD drive but it got pushed into an add on that never released outside of Japan. Nintendo was still trying to figure it out at the time.

Sony wanted to break into the gaming industry because it started showing signs of becoming a very profitable market, but they didn't know shyt about the gaming industry. When the deal ended, they felt they invested too much to let the project go.

It's a partnership that could have made Nintendo one of the biggest corporations in the world, but I think it worked out better the way it did.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Nintendo wanted a hardware company familiar with cd based hardware because CDs were obviously the future. Even the 64 was originally planned to have a CD drive but it got pushed into an add on that never released outside of Japan. Nintendo was still trying to figure it out at the time.

Sony wanted to break into the gaming industry because it started showing signs of becoming a very profitable market, but they didn't know shyt about the gaming industry. When the deal ended, they felt they invested too much to let the project go.

It's a partnership that could have made Nintendo one of the biggest corporations in the world, but I think it worked out better the way it did.

you sure about the 64/CD thing? Only thing that was released JPN only was that 64DD shyt.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
you sure about the 64/CD thing? Only thing that was released JPN only was that 64DD shyt.
The 64DD was a disk drive that was planned to be the standard at some point during the development stages of the 64 before becoming an add on.

Games like zelda OOT started development with cd based hardware in mind.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The 64DD was a disk drive that was planned to be the standard at some point during the development stages of the 64 before becoming an add on.

Games like zelda OOT started development with cd based hardware in mind.

yeah I got that, but you mentioned a CD add-on that never got released outside of Japan. Just curious about that. Never heard about a CD add-on actually being dropped...only the 64DD.

unless you're saying the CD got transformed into the 64DD.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
yeah I got that, but you mentioned a CD add-on that never got released outside of Japan. Just curious about that. Never heard about a CD add-on actually being dropped...only the 64DD.

unless you're saying the CD got transformed into the 64DD.
The 64DD WAS a CD add on breh. It took floppy disk type cartridges with a cd inside.

Its something that they considered making standard before eventually deciding to go with cartridge.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The 64DD WAS a CD add on breh. It took floppy disk type cartridges with a cd inside.

Its something that they considered making standard before eventually deciding to go with cartridge.

:manny: semantics, I guess. Saw it like the Famicom disk system, and never considered it actual "cd" tech...shyt was more like a zipdrive.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
bjglekdzdyndfwyac2hh.jpg

Nintendo tried to clap the gawd

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:manny: semantics, I guess. Saw it like the Famicom disk system, and never considered it actual "cd" tech...shyt was more like a zipdrive.
They didn't trust the fragility of CDs yet so they were trying to create a child friendly design.