Palworld (AKA Pokémon Gun) trailer

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I gotta rebuild my base for a 3rd time. I wish I knew this in the beginning:

"As Pals wander around your base diligently working, they have an unfortunate tendency to get stuck and become unable to move, eventually becoming hungry, tired, and unwell. The clearer your base is, the less likely this is to happen!"

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Downloaded last night and I’m already itching for some fukkery. :mjlit:

I tried to catch that expedition survivor you meet at beginning with the lil cooking pot.

That bih sent the goons on me!! :whoa:

:mjgrin:

The survivor was like

“I said I lost a lot of friends, not ALL my friends :sas1:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I tried playing this on Series S and the textures weren't loaded in fully, like Cyperpunk at launch.

It's better on the X but damn why they do the S dirty like that?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Reading articles about the game development is hilarious.

"I don't know what the development cost is because we didn't have a plan. It was just gonna be a small game. There's only 10 of us."

"Before developing it, we made a trailer. If the trailer was good then we'd actually make it forreal. If not, then no loss cause we didn't even start on it."

"We had no experience in 3D animation. The reason we could make our first game Craftopia is because they are pre-made assets. We hired this veteran motion designer to figure it out and he pretty much completed Palworld for us."

"We didn't have Unreal Engine experience so we hired someone who did and he trained the rest of us."

"Our main artist is someone we rejected initially but she DM'd me 3 months later and I'm glad because she draws and makes corrections extremely fast. I can't imagine what we'd do without her."

These are paraphrased from the PCGamer.com article.

Last edited:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

"I don't know what the development cost js because we didn't have a plan. It was just gonna be a small game. There's only 10 of us."

"Before developing it, we made a trailer. If the trailer was good then we'd actually make it forreal. If not, then no loss cause we didn't even start on it."

"We had no experience in 3D animation. The reason we could make our first game Craftopia is because they are pre-made assets. We hired this veteran motion designer to figure it out and he pretty much completed the game for us."

"We didn't have Unreal Engine experience so we hired someone who did and he trained the rest of us."

"Our main artist is someone we rejected initially but she DM'd me 3 months later and I'm glad because she draws and makes corrections extremely fast. I can't imagine what we'd without her."

that feeling when they saw millions of people playing must have been somethin :wow: i dont even fukk with pokemon but fukkery made me cop, i know i aint the only one

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
The gameplay loop is one of the most addictive I've experienced in a long ass time. I'm making my way around the map now, I literally have a schedule. I set up the tasks for the pals to do in the morning while I hit the block and get more work for them to do throughout the day, while claiming additional territory and killing/capturing pals and selling some of them on the black market. These developers have no morals so fukk it, neither do I so I get my Nino Brown on in the game.

One of my pals wasn't doing no work back at the base, just being lazy, standing on top of trees, talking about he's depressed, hungry and angry. Three, four game days go by. nikka on that same bullshyt. Not pulling his weight, especially compared to my Fuack and Cattiva and how they put in work. I got no time for this Pal and all his disrespect. Homie got introduced to the meat cleaver and replaced him with the next Pal. Am I my brothers keeper? Yes I am, lol.
Wait what :laff:

WTF is this game 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Daps
The concept of this game is intriguing.

I got GamePass so I may give this a try if I ever get some free time from this baby
Was going to get it on gamepass but seeing how buggy it was I got the steam version.

Game is fun as hell and a certified time waster, but there is no feeling of achievement at this time. Hoping they hire or invest in training to improve the games features and ai, too many times them syndicate brehs just float to you without walking or anything, I don't really care about ad-ons at this point. I would like a story, but I just want my pals to stop getting stuck off a cliff right now. And they could add building elements like not needing a platform to create stairs. There are areas where there could be pals, but it's just an empty piece of land.

Then they can hire a story team to add to it, this game can not only be a survival game lol and although I hope they keep some of those elements, this game needs a story. They got a lot of their hands by making this much money, they better hold some for the upcoming lawsuits, this could get ugly.

Daps

"I don't know what the development cost is because we didn't have a plan. It was just gonna be a small game. There's only 10 of us."

"We had no experience in 3D animation. The reason we could make our first game Craftopia is because they are pre-made assets. We hired this veteran motion designer to figure it out and he pretty much completed Palworld for us."

"Our main artist is someone we rejected initially but she DM'd me 3 months later and I'm glad because she draws and makes corrections extremely fast. I can't imagine what we'd do without her."

this the article I read lmao, them boys hit the lotto :lolbron:

I guess a not so serious work environment with a high paying lead designer is not always whats best for video games :russ: