Pac's Resurrection: The Official 2014-15 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Don't be so hard on your critics. I legit thought ya'll could make it to the finals. But when play offs rolled around ya'll stopped playing like a 60 win team. At one point your team seemed unstoppable. But post season no wins came convincingly. We clown ya'll, but speaking for myself it's in good nature. Nothing to hang ya'll head about. Any team no longer in the offs that wouldn't want to have ya'll season is either lying or tanking... Just call it humble pie and when its all said and done I hope ya'll make the necessary moves this off season.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Aside from having a superstar player on the Hawks recruiting FA's, is there anyway Atlanta can start attracting players? It's mind boggling that players don't wanna go there given the nightlife and women.

Winning culture and not choking would go a long way. I don't get caught up in that desirable location bs. If you start winning and building the right team and management, people will come to play. Atlanta is a good city in a weaker conference. It's not like we're in Salt Lake city or some shyt.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I was talking about the haters that specifically said we had no business in the ECF and that Cleveland would destroy us. But yeah you're right. I take no solace in getting this far tho. This Cleveland team isn't even that good. No Kyrie. No Kevin Love and we're still getting washed by fukking Tristan Thompson, JR, Shump, and that lil cac. Y'all can be happy with that shyt but I'm not.

What's the point of getting this far if you're not going to show up? We may not have a chance like this anytime soon in the near future. Where is nikka's competitive spirit? You gotta seize the moment brehs. These Hawks are playing way out of character.

If you wanna be honest, Tristan and JR would start for us so let's not act like they are bums. Shump would be our best bench player or at least tied with Schroeder. Plus it's not like we stopped playing D, you see the bullshyt JR. is hitting? If he hitting step back fadeaway threes consistently wtf you gonna do with him? It's not like he getting open looks.

Plus it's very obvious this team is not the same one we had when Thabo was healthy. He shouldn't make that big of a difference but it's obvious we need him. Even Mike Scott is struggling to stay available.

Daps
Even told @Gil Scott-Heroin that just getting to this point is a great accomplishment. We don't have a superstar like player. We are have a group of 2nd tier All Stars. We had a great year.
Eh, SOME of yall nikkas (you were included in this group) were talkin that extra shyt. I got them receipts. I'll bring them to the counter in due time. :mjpls:

They aren't looking like prophets. Before the season they predicted us to be a six seed at best. During the season they said we wouldn't make it out the first round. Then they said we wouldn't make it past the second round. All those "prophets" are just trolling dikk riders. Unless the Hawks won the title they would have just kept moving the goalposts and started talking trash the moment we lost..
I remember specifically saying that yall dudes were a superstar/go-to scorer away from being "contenders" and I got shytted on for it. I'm not going to go into detail right now, but that's what it is. I praised the team for what they had accomplished [during the regular season], but said they weren't going to get out of the East because they simply weren't ready for it.
The true Hawks fans knew this team wasn't championship material, but we knew they weren't getting bounced in the first two rounds. If we lose this season we still had a good year, don't let the trolls make you feel otherwise.
Who exactly are these "true fans", because there was at least six posters that said this team is the best in the East and they'd show it in the playoffs.

And come on now, yall dudes haven't looked like a 60-win caliber team at any point in these playoffs, so there's no point talking this 'they keep moving the goalposts' bullshyt. Yall struggled against Brooklyn, then you struggled against a Wizards team with its best player playing with a broken hand and were two plays away from the series going the way and now yall looking like the Boston Celtics against the Cavs in round 1- who might I add are missing their second and third best players.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Eh, SOME of yall nikkas (you were included in this group) were talkin that extra shyt. I got them receipts. I'll bring them to the counter in due time. :mjpls:

I remember specifically saying that yall dudes were a superstar/go-to scorer away from being "contenders" and I got shytted on for it. I'm not going to go into detail right now, but that's what it is. I praised the team for what they had accomplished [during the regular season], but said they weren't going to get out of the East because they simply weren't ready for it.

Who exactly are these "true fans", because there was at least six posters that said this team is the best in the East and they'd show it in the playoffs.

And come on now, yall dudes haven't looked like a 60-win caliber team at any point in these playoffs, so there's no point talking this 'they keep moving the goalposts' bullshyt. Yall struggled against Brooklyn, then you struggled against a Wizards team with its best player playing with a broken hand and were two plays away from the series going the way and now yall looking like the Boston Celtics against the Cavs in round 1- who might I add are missing their first and second best players.
I always talk shyt but I stated that getting to this point was okay with me.

Daps
I was talking about the haters that specifically said we had no business in the ECF and that Cleveland would destroy us. But yeah you're right. I take no solace in getting this far tho. This Cleveland team isn't even that good. No Kyrie. No Kevin Love and we're still getting washed by fukking Tristan Thompson, JR, Shump, and that lil cac. Y'all can be happy with that shyt but I'm not.

What's the point of getting this far if you're not going to show up? We may not have a chance like this anytime soon in the near future. Where is nikka's competitive spirit? You gotta seize the moment brehs. These Hawks are playing way out of character.
The performance yall dudes have put up so far (against the Cavs) isn't even on the level to what Boston was doing in the first round. shyt is beyond pathetic. I salute you for telling it like it is, cause I after all the shyt that yall fanbase talked this season I don't wanna hear none of this fake self-deprecated "getting to this point is an accomplishment" shyt.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

And come on now, yall dudes haven't looked like a 60-win caliber team at any point in these playoffs, so there's no point talking this 'they keep moving the goalposts' bullshyt. Yall struggled against Brooklyn, then you struggled against a Wizards team with its best player playing with a broken hand and were two plays away from the series going the way and now yall looking like the Boston Celtics against the Cavs in round 1- who might I add are missing their first and second best players.

We haven't looked like a 60 win team since March/April but that's neither here nor there. What is relevant is that no matter how we looked in the playoffs we won those series. Style points don't matter to me, whether you win in 4 or 7 you advance either way. If we lose to Cleveland in 4 or 7 we lose either way. Losing in 7 wouldn't make me feel any better than losing in 4.

You been begging Hawks fans to take you up on a ban bet for months now. If any of them took you up on it then got find them and gloat. But a lot of us here, including me see making it to the conference finals as a pretty good achievement for this team/franchise and you won't be able to convince us otherwise.

Last edited:
Daps
I always talk shyt but I stated that getting to this point was okay with me.
You the homie, but after all the shyt yall talked about how this team is gonna do this and how they gonna do that in the playoffs - you sit there and tell me you're "okay" with how this team's been playing in the postseason. Everyone that gave yall genuine criticism of why yall would fail/struggle in the playoffs, turned out to be true, yet yall were looking at them like they were talking that off-the-wall shyt.

Daps
We haven't looked like a 60 win team since March/April but that's neither here nor there. What is relevant is that no matter how we looked in the playoffs we won those series. Style points don't matter to me, whether you win in 4 or 7 you advance either way. If we lose to Cleveland in 4 or 7 we lose either way. Losing in 7 wouldn't make me feel any better than losing in 4.
It's not about style points, it's about how yall performed. Surely you can't be content with scraping past the Wizards who were pretty much without their best player for the entire series? It's like if the Wizards were as healthy as yall (only missing their equivalent of Thabo) and Horford missed a few games and played the rest with a broken hand. I mean yeah yall did win those series, but just imagine if yall drew a combination of the Bulls, Wizards or Cavs in the first two rounds. You gotta put those series wins in context, instead of looking at it in just moving past a round. Cause at the end of the day, not good enough is simply not good enough no matter which round you go out in.....

:manny:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

I feel you...im at a loss for words to describe what I'm seeing. Honestly they playin scared. Scared of the moment, scared of Bron, etc. They've had a great season but if this is how it ends it's gonna leave a bad taste in people's mouth in what this team could be. I don't kno what direction we go in...stay the course seems like the right move to me but we need a star player with a core team around them. Gotta find that star that wants the ball and can create a shot...this current group lacks that and collectively can't overcome that

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
You the homie, but after all the shyt yall talked about how this team is gonna do this and how they gonna do that in the playoffs - you sit there and tell me you're "okay" with how this team's been playing in the postseason. Everyone that gave yall genuine criticism of why yall would fail/struggle in the playoffs, turned out to be true, yet yall were looking at them like they were talking that off-the-wall shyt.
Who do you root for ?

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If shump and JR dont black out from 3, this is a different series. Any chance they cool down, and we make it interesting in cleveland? I mean they talking about resting kyrie until game 5. I don't think this team just lays down.

Korver not playing might be a good thing. We are forcing things to him, while the person guarding him is doing their own korver impression. Idk, now that I've sobered up im not as angry as I was last night.:ld:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
We got to the ECF. We did more than ever done in Atlanta. Next step is to add talent so we can contend and win it all in 2016-17. Next year, we want to get back to the ECF but we need to develop the guys get acquire so they can be ready. We are close but we are far. We have to develop a #1 option and get more size in the starting five and on the bench

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If shump and JR dont black out from 3, this is a different series. Any chance they cool down, and we make it interesting in cleveland? I mean they talking about resting kyrie until game 5. I don't think this team just lays down.

Korver not playing might be a good thing. We are forcing things to him, while the person guarding him is doing their own korver impression. Idk, now that I've sobered up im not as angry as I was last night.:ld:

I was thinking same thing regarding those 2 shooting like that. I hope they go back to normal :francis:

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
The perimeter defense has been trash. I wouldn't bet on any of those wing players to slow down. I still remember Jarrett Jack and Ramone Sessions having a decent game or two against Atlanta.

Thabo truly fukked this team defensively.