Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even t.i. congratulated floyd:wow:

11190777_1572820039672345_1817739887_n.jpg

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Well, it's time to talk that shyt. 6 years of bullshyt is about to hit now so I need to get this out of my system and will be reserved after this.

WE TOLD YOU, WE! TOLD! YOU!

The fight you saw today, was the same fight you saw 6 years ago. This fight was about boxing i.q. Of course, Manny can look great when he's in there with people looking to be hit, against the best defensive fighter of his era, Floyd was GONE when Manny lunged in. Footwork? I've told people for years that Manny has fast feet, not great footwork. That was very apparent here. Y'all want to know the beauty of this, Floyd never shoulder rolled, not once. High guard, all fight. He took away Manny's left and made him into a one dimensional fighter, a one dimensional fighter that was scared of getting hit. He was content to get a paycheck after he got clocked a few times with a counter right in the first round. If Floyd out-throws you, that's all that you are doing. Once Floyd dropped his arms, basically daring Manny to swing, the fight was over, it was just formalities till the end. Manny got lulled into the same trap that every other Floyd opponent has and that in the ring, it's different with Floyd. It's Floyd, then it's everyone else. Arum, through his careful matchmaking, gave the appearance that created this monster that was supposed to be Manny and that this would be close over the years or that Manny would destroy him. This was easy to see for everyone, there is a blueprint to compete with Floyd, have 15+ pounds on him, have a jab, be taller and dare I say, act a fool in the ring and get dirty, and I'll still bet on Floyd. As soon as Floyd took the first flush punch from Manny, in his head, that was the Neo moment, the 'that's it, for 6 years, this is all I was supposed to be scared of'. Better IQ, more power, faster, better reflexes, better defense, better ring generalship. Just better everything. Crazy thing is, it was evident that he never left second gear. Crazy that with clear slippage, he made an ATG look like he didn't belong in the ring with him, at the age of 38. Feed Manny to Crawford now and let him and Errol Spence become the new nikkas on the block. I said that because styles makes fights, Maidana's fights with Floyd will be closer, just what happened here. Floyd is fukking amazing brehs.

standing-ovation.gif

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
forreal who thought Maidana would have given a Floyd a tougher fight than Manny? Or a washed up DeLaHoya?

He should fight Thurman or Khan on CBS ... Next PPV wont do 200k buys
I'll take a permanent ban bet it does, how about you?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it is that hard to figure out the split. Floyd Stans are happy as fukk because their hero stays undefeated. Manny Stans are pissed and disappointed. Anyone who actually likes to be entertained is annoyed at the fact that neither guy showed much of an inclination to actually go out there and fight.
And before all the "boxing is about hitting and not getting hit" subscribers show up...defense is wonderful as a way to set up offense but a fight with the amount of struggle offense we saw last night is some bullshyt. Floyd wanted to avoid conflict; Manny seemed to just not give much of a fukk about anything that was going on.

That fight was trash by any metric you could grade it on.
Your entitled to your opinion but you sound like a casual fan . They are boxers and Floyd completely outboxed manny . Both men fought but boxing is more than just offense and brawling in the middle of the ring you want them to put their long term lives on the line and just slug it out unnecessarily ??? Your analysis is very flawed

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No seriously has anyone ever watched a mayweather fight before this. ( I didn't watch it either)

Why were you expecting other than him running around the ring for 12 rounds?
That's not what he does and it's not what happened so :camby: ! Can we get a nonboxing fan thread for these guys to vent

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

as somebody who wasn't pulling for anybody and wanted to see a great fight
because they're both about to retire
they made the most money 2 fighters have ever made for one fight
they stood to make MORE money if the fight lasted 12 rounds
both camps hustled people IMO :manny:

CEDnxPZUkAA-L5c.jpg:large