Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Fux what the haters say, fight was great. Went how I expected. Floyd just kept Manny off balance and stopped him in his tracks with well timed shots! Masterclass! Smart boxing by the best. Had a grand day and Im happy. Now the haters can shut their asses up, and move the goalposts again. I wonder if Manny still wants to talk to him about God now.

Bout put this cLoud in the air and enjoy some jerk chicken from last night, while I still savor this victory for Mayweather and soak up the hate. Ah!

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
man ive never seen a fight that was so split down the middle 50/50 in regards to the post fight thoughts on pac-may...there are a lot of strong opinions on whether it was a good fight or its a fight that sucked

my gf's dad was one of the cats that was a big fan of boxing from the 60s-80s...my gf sent me this message this morning from what he said about the fight

LMAO at Dad just now saying that "nobody wants to see 2 little midgets fighting" and that today's fighters have no "attractive personalities that would make the public want to see them w/o incessant advertising"...then went on carrying on about how "today there are no boxing characters like Cassius Clay, George Foreman, and Spinks and that the heavyweight division is what really matters...and that there's no melanin magic in the heavyweight division any more hence nobody really caring about the klitscko people..."

for the life of me why he mentioned spinks..and im assuming he meant Leon since he was a personality...ill never know lol

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
is there any boxing fan on earth that honestly thought this fight would go any other way?

everyone fukkin knew exactly what would happen. mayweather by decision...mayweather dodging almost every punch, few counter punches here n there.

I think everyone just had an inkling of hope that this would be different. They hoped that Manny's unorthodox style would at least make things interesting.

Hell, all Manny had to do was be active, be competitive, appear to outpunch Floyd and they were gonna GIVE him the rounds, even if he did no real damage. He had to know that. AND they dubbed this the "Fight of the Century", not Floyd vs Floyd-opponent-randomassdude CTHU

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
man ive never seen a fight that was so split down the middle 50/50 in regards to the post fight thoughts on pac-may...there are a lot of strong opinions on whether it was a good fight or its a fight that sucked

my gf's dad was one of the cats that was a big fan of boxing from the 60s-80s...my gf sent me this message this morning from what he said about the fight

for the life of me why he mentioned spinks..and im assuming he meant Leon since he was a personality...ill never know lol
I don't think it is that hard to figure out the split. Floyd Stans are happy as fukk because their hero stays undefeated. Manny Stans are pissed and disappointed. Anyone who actually likes to be entertained is annoyed at the fact that neither guy showed much of an inclination to actually go out there and fight.
And before all the "boxing is about hitting and not getting hit" subscribers show up...defense is wonderful as a way to set up offense but a fight with the amount of struggle offense we saw last night is some bullshyt. Floyd wanted to avoid conflict; Manny seemed to just not give much of a fukk about anything that was going on.
That fight was trash by any metric you could grade it on.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Need to see a gif of that mean uppercut Floyd landed later on in the match. Probably best punch of the fight.

And my favorite was the 11th. He straight up made Manny look bad in that round.
He landed that shyt and Lampley called a punched for Pacq. He landed that shyt and I said oh shyt.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I'm a newbie and was rooting for Pac because I like him better but Money's victory is crystal clear.

I scored it 10-2 (though a 9-3 could be possible because I didn't know how to score the last rounds) and people should be amazed at May's defensive skills. As people said earlier in the thread, boxing is about hit and not getting hit which Floyd did excellently. I didn't even know that Floyd had that much advantage physically (2 inch taller, reach 4 inches longer) so mixing that with both styles, it was a no brainer ultimately. Of course, Floyd's style is boring because people like wars and generally confuse sports with entertainment, thrill, action filled stuff. It reminds me of FC Barcelona's dominance in 2011 (in football (soccer)) : they were so skillful, so fundamentally (passing, running, technical ability) good and sound that games became boring for people who watched the sport casually (for entertainment) while people who appreciated the game as a sport rather than a spectacle were delighted (haters excepted obviously).

Basics, fundamentals in each sports ARE boring, so are technicians who rely on the basics. People would call Tim Duncan or the Spurs boring and it was the same with Barcelona/Spain and it's the same with Floyd I guess (I don't know much about boxing yet). Even for my untrained eye, the man is too skillful to not make a fight one-sided. I was :ehh: after the 7th round because it was obvious Manny wouldn't win, everytime he had a good round, Floyd came back with a reminder. The commentary was right, Manny had to throw twice more punches than Mayweather but every-time he tried, he got hit back and ultimately, that scared him (memories of Marquez KO maybe) and I thought well at least he gets to get 100M on his bank account, I'd be happy with that type of loss ! People like wars and don't like technicians but I've watched a few fights from Provodnikov (last one was with Matthysse) and even if it's entertaining, if this man by 40 doesn't have Parkinson or something like that, I'd be amazed. Floyd's boxing is masterful and he was the most skilled of the two obviously (though I would have prefered Manny to win), people should acknowledge that.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
The bar I was at all the cacs were too excited when Manny (I refuse to call that nikka "Pac") was throwing those flurries of misses... Thats when I knew they were gonna be furious at the outcome. Ol mistakin activity for progress ass marks :heh:
Reminded me of that de la Hoya fight :mjlol: people getting hyped during the flurries even tho the punches were getting blocked. And ignoring Floyd shaking his head after every flurry :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I don't think it is that hard to figure out the split. Floyd Stans are happy as fukk because their hero stays undefeated. Manny Stans are pissed and disappointed. Anyone who actually likes to be entertained is annoyed at the fact that neither guy showed much of an inclination to actually go out there and fight.
And before all the "boxing is about hitting and not getting hit" subscribers show up...defense is wonderful as a way to set up offense but a fight with the amount of struggle offense we saw last night is some bullshyt. Floyd wanted to avoid conflict; Manny seemed to just not give much of a fukk about anything that was going on.
That fight was trash by any metric you could grade it on.

co-sign

nikkas' jizzing their pants over this fight like we just saw Foreman/Lyle or Trinidad/Vargas :mjlol:

I wasn't impressed by either boxer. :snoop: at waiting 5 years for this.