Pacquiao vs Mayweather Official Thread...May 2nd!!!

Who takes this fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floyd hasn't talked any trash since the fight was announced.. If I was a Floyd stan i'd be very worried

Exactly, we talked about this shyt last night, the weight in., It seems out of character from Floyd......I would like to believe everybody said he's very focused which I think so but still have me :patrice:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite what any Floyd stan tells you, Pac's speed is a huge factor in this fight. Pac will probably be the fastest guy Floyd has ever fought. JMM was only able to time Pac and leave him :deadmanny: after 3+ fights and Pac swarming and getting reckless. If you couple that with Floyd being easier to hit than ever, then Pac can and will get to Floyd at times. And if Pac is committed to throwing a lot, Floyd could lose close rounds unless he's willing to stand his ground and exchange.

This is the true danger of the fight for Floyd and really the only thing I think he has to worry about. If Manny is committed to throwing a lot of shots, he could win rounds based off aggression and punch volume.

Judah is still probably the fastest fighter that Floyd has faced...and he is a bigger puncher than Manny. The difference is, Manny is relentless and Judah is more of a stylist. The best way I see for Manny to win is to hit Floyd EVERYWHERE. Especially on his arms when he goes into his defense. Tire those arms out. Hurt those forearms, biceps, and shoulders. If you go in planning to land a lot of hit shots on Floyd....thats the wrong approach. He is also difficult to hit in the body if you are in the center of the ring with him and not in close quarters.

Ultimately, you have a guy who is at times going to get reckless against a guy who's main motivation is to not get hit. The style match up still favors Floyd...unless he just gets out of character for this fight.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Breh you're only looking at one possible scenario..
its insulting that you dont think that The Fighter of the Decade has no chance
I dont. Ive seen the people he lost to, one of which mayweather made look like a sparring partner so no i have no faith that Manny will make this a competitive fight. Just another mayweather shutout

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
has it been confirmed that Lomachenko is the fight before the main? any official running order out there?

i might take a nap but i want to see him fight, i dont give a shyt about santa cruz vs another sparring partner

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Got invited to the fight and somehow ended up sick as a dog in the last 2 days. Gonna have to order in. :sadbron:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly, we talked about this shyt last night, the weight in., It seems out of character from Floyd......I would like to believe everybody said he's very focused which I think so but still have me :patrice:

There is no need to talk trash to sell this fight. Point blank. Its wasted energy. Floyd is only the bad guy when he needs to be. Nobody knows who Maidana is, or Guerrero for that matter. Everyone knows who Manny is and have been waiting on this fight. Why didnt they have a multi-city press tour? There is no need. The trash talk is just to hype up fights against people the general public dont know much or anything about. Thats it, thats all.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Pac Man is the newer version of the "Great White Hope" Everybody wants to see Mayweather go down because he is black, outspoken, and rich.
They found reasons to hate anderson silva of all people. It doesnt matter how good and humble you act. People want to see dominant black males, lose and will champion anyone with the ability to make that happen.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I dont. Ive seen the people he lost to, one of which mayweather made look like a sparring partner so no i have no faith that Manny will make this a competitive fight. Just another mayweather shutout
Mayweather style copies Sugar Ray. The bobbing and weaving. shyt is boring, but he is a smart fighter. He is going to leave the boxing game without brain injury.

I see it being a long boring fight, unless Manny gets too crazy with being aggressive. Then Mayweather will catch him and Manny will be :deadmanny:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
They found reasons to hate anderson silva of all people. It doesnt matter how good and humble you act. People want to see dominant black males, lose and will champion anyone with the ability to make that happen.
True. My bad I forgot about the Agenda. How they hate that they can not "feminize" all black males.