Pacific Rim: Uprising (Official Thread) *Teaser Added*

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Gonna keep it a buck. Movie was horrible. Boyega was the only black person in the entire film.

Film was geared towards little kids and Asians.

Jaegers were damn near doing jujitsu on the ground.

Typical Hollywood trope, abandoned little white girl that is good with fixing things becomes a hero. Once I saw the costar was going to be a little girl I knew it was downhill. Her chemistry with Boyega was forced and she just wasn’t a good actress.

Premise of the series is bad ass and something I grew up on. The execution is horrible.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I thought it was decent. That’s about it.

Lacked the atmosphere of the first one. Dialogue was more so miss than hit as well.

Definitely a film MADE for China and you can tell.

Might not work out if China does this like it did the last Transformers movie.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Gonna keep it a buck. Movie was horrible. Boyega was the only black person in the entire film.

Film was geared towards little kids and Asians.

Jaegers were damn near doing jujitsu on the ground.

Typical Hollywood trope, abandoned little white girl that is good with fixing things becomes a hero. Once I saw the costar was going to be a little girl I knew it was downhill. Her chemistry with Boyega was forced and she just wasn’t a good actress.

Premise of the series is bad ass and something I grew up on. The execution is horrible.

interesting they didnt have any Cadets from any African nations yet every other continent was represented.
:troll:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
never seen the first one, so basing it off this film alone, but fun/decent popcorn flick. Humor was corny most of the time but I got a few laughs.

Pretty predictable overall, but a fun action romp. Probably gonna peep the first one now...the robots were pretty dope.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
it was fine:ehh:
Plot moved at a warp speed pace especially with that twist:gucci:
But I guess that twist makes sense if you remember the first movie:manny:
Doing all the fights in the daytime was great, you could see everything:whoo:
I thought Boyega and the girl were good:obama:
Eastwood was his usual bland self:russell:
These dudes killed millions of people at the final battle :dame:

Last edited:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
Saw it today and I really liked it. I don’t think it’s better than the first, but I think the pacing was much improved.

I hope it does well enough at the box office.

That last scene was the perfect hook for a sequel.

Edit: I was on a blackout for this so I just decided to check out the trailer...
:picard: My god @ the amount of spoilers. Damn near every combat set piece was given up. I’m glad I went in blind

Last edited:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Decent movie, predictable ofc but that should be expected
Characters were aight and actually not that over the top tryna be fun
RIP a good PAAG :mjcry:

:francis: Mad disappointed they killed her off. She was the dopest Jaeger Ranger in the world by the end of the first film. John was the dopest Jaeger Cadet in the world before the 1st film.....

......Brother.... Sister....

they would have THE ILLEST drift compatibility of all time. I was really hoping we would get to see them team up and wreck some mega Kaiju or something.

Also, now we already know what this series is set up for. The lil white girl is gonna grow up to be some beast official Jeager pilot after John Boyega eventually dies in some epic sacrifice just like his dad, and she will have to "find her own way" just like him. :shaq2:

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Really wasn't feeling this one. I didn't mind the first one especially because it seemed made for a great theatre experience. I hate when characters walk me through their story and what happened in the first. Also the action was good but the daytime really seemed to wash everything out for me compared to mostly night like the first. Boyega seemed like more of a sidekick to Eastwood' s character at times.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I enjoyed it for what it was. Good action with none of the cliche love story etc.

I was really hoping for a Godzilla and King Kong tied in.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good movie more light Than the first one but still had weight . Definitely ready for the third one