Pacific Rim: Uprising (Official Thread) *Teaser Added*

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ok so i actually never got around to watching this :francis:

But something I hope doesn't become an ongoing trend in Boyega's movies... feels like they actively avoid casting conventionally 'attractive' girls to play his female lead / love interest.

I didn't watch Last Jedi either, but i heard about the switcheroo they did with the chubby asian, and the white chick in this movie looks like she's 10 years old. Pair the breh up with a pretty chick and let him cook, and not on some driving ms daisy ish with whatsherface from force awakens

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Ok so i actually never got around to watching this :francis:

But something I hope doesn't become an ongoing trend in Boyega's movies... feels like they actively avoid casting conventionally 'attractive' girls to play his female lead / love interest.

I didn't watch Last Jedi either, but i heard about the switcheroo they did with the chubby asian, and the white chick in this movie looks like she's 10 years old. Pair the breh up with a pretty chick and let him cook, and not on some driving ms daisy ish with whatsherface from force awakens

:russ:He is her mentor not love interest, kind of like his dad mentored that Asian woman in part 1. I do get where you are coming from though, there is a love interest but she is shared with cac Eastwood son.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Just saw it

Its not a bad movie but it's not better than the original

and if a sequel isn't better than the first one then it will naturally get sh1tted on

even if its just alright

Not calling out your opinion or anything just curious but in what way wasn’t it better than the first? From all recollection it was better in every aspect from what I am recalling.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not calling out your opinion or anything just curious but in what way wasn’t it better than the first? From all recollection it was better in every aspect from what I am recalling.
The first one had a better storyline but the acting beyond idris and perlman was terrible

The new one wasn’t great but at least it was better then those transformers movies

Conz

Superstar
Daps
giant robots just aren't entertaining to me. after the first Transformers I haven't enjoyed a single movie like this. despite all the hate that series gets, i think this movie might be worse. what a piece of shyt

at the risk of sounding like a racist... every big dumb action movie that is clearly made to appease the Asian audience fukkin suckkkkkks.