Pacific Rim: Uprising (Official Thread) *Teaser Added*

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Visuals were piff. Was slowwww in the first half, but the second half was dope once the action picked up. Didn't like the fact all the Jaeger pilots left in the whole world were some kids

I agree about the kids being the only pilots left. Didn’t they say in the beginning of the film that they had different bases all over the world? Maybe I’m remembering wrong.
Either way, what sense does it make to train a handful of children for a global technologically advanced militia? But hey, it’s a sci-if movie so logic doesn’t apply.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
I found it hard to believe all them Japanese peeps evacuated that quickly and some underground shelter was any type of protection
A movie where man has built giant robots to fight giant monster from another deminsion and you find them evacuating people quickly hard to believe :pachaha:

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
First one was better :francis:

It had alright scenes....but the film was clunky & awkward....John was alright

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really wasn't feeling this one. I didn't mind the first one especially because it seemed made for a great theatre experience. I hate when characters walk me through their story and what happened in the first. Also the action was good but the daytime really seemed to wash everything out for me compared to mostly night like the first. Boyega seemed like more of a sidekick to Eastwood' s character at times.
How so ? Eastwood was the stick up his ass by thr books guy who didn't even factor into saving the world . Boyega was the hero . It's like saying due to personalities Slater was the star of saved by the bell not zack

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
How so ? Eastwood was the stick up his ass by thr books guy who didn't even factor into saving the world . Boyega was the hero . It's like saying due to personalities Slater was the star of saved by the bell not zack
I get what you saying. I think some of it is my disdain for him being bytch made in star wars carrying over. He just didn't seem commanding most of the time until the end. I know that was the point though.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This movie was as trash as the first.

Scott Eastwood has the charisma of a dead moth.

The fukking movie is 1hr 51 minutes and the first jaegar vs. Monster fight isn’t until 1hr 30minutes into it.

Those scientist characters are the fukking worst.

People need to stop pretending either pacific rim film is better than transformers. It’s somehow worse. It should be a crime how they can make such bad films out of the concept.

Boyega is the only bright spot.

2/10

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This movie was as trash as the first.

Scott Eastwood has the charisma of a dead moth.

The fukking movie is 1hr 51 minutes and the first jaegar vs. Monster fight isn’t until 1hr 30minutes into it.

Those scientist characters are the fukking worst.

People need to stop pretending either pacific rim film is better than transformers. It’s somehow worse. It should be a crime how they can make such bad films out of the concept.

Boyega is the only bright spot.

2/10
This was better than ANY transformer movie. Those films eat off nostalgia alone.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Movie was ok.. Nothing really worth talking about. Seen it in Imax in a near empty theater last sunday.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I fell asleep after paying an overpriced ticket for this shyt.

Boyega was actually great at it, but fukk that little white girl. She annoyed the shyt out of me, no charisma, nothing! Just some clearly written feminist bullshyt.

Mako was the only woman worth any salt in the movie. And they murked her in the most anti-climatic way possible. :snoop:
Mako should've gone out swinging!! Only female character with gravitas. She literally exuded Elba's confidence and humanity as commander.

I actually liked the asian representation in the movie, chinese fake villain was cute :ehh: (though her body proportions were straight up :gag:).
Newt actually got taken over by a precursor :mjlol:. The addicted white boy fakkit that he is.

I did like how the precursor planned shyt wisely though. That brain like creature took 10 years to execute the plan, but it executed it well. Now there's a worthy villain.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
oh, man, where do I start...

okay, this issue with this movie is that they obviously want to be cheap, have cheap jagers the whole movie because it was easier to draw them as opposed to the Kaiju, but then they got too many characters, that aint worth remembering, the little girl and the russian are pretty good, but the rest of those kids were not needed. go ahead and hook up the latin girl with the white boy, Boyega 0-3 anyway, and the heel turn of an obvious character was okay, but the chinese industrialist was not needed, she should have piloted a jager too, the whole movie. And the idea of drones was stupid..

i'd give it a matinee, but I don't why I can make a monster movie better than these monster movie fan and I aint crazy about the genre