Ozark - Season 2 (Official Thread)

Daps
I was just blown at his whole thought process, he seriously thought he was going to run off with the cash and the cartel was never going to find him?

Did she specify it was coming from the cartel? I don't recall. I figured Cade just thought he was punking Marty and his suburban family out of 500k. Plus since he was already thrown off by killing the Fed, he saw it as an out for his troubles. It can be hard to gauge 'too good to be true' when you're desperate. :yeshrug:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Did she specify it was coming from the cartel? I don't recall. I figured Cade just thought he was punking Marty and his suburban family out of 500k. Plus since he was already thrown off by killing the Fed, he saw it as an out for his troubles. It can be hard to gauge 'too good to be true' when you're desperate. :yeshrug:
Did you people watch the show?

When the carter runs onto your property to waterboard your daughter, you can't mistake it for not being the cartel. When the lawyer yells above your daughter's screams that betraying Marty is akin to betraying the cartel, you can't mistake that

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
So I have finished Episode 7

and even though this show is good

I want

the whole Jason Bateman family to be killed especially that wife

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Just finished episode 6. These past few episodes have had me :wow: Maybe it is just recency bias but I feel these have been some of the best episodes of the entire series. Episode 5 may have been the best of the series. It's really starting to feel Breaking Bad-esque to me now in terms of the show's atmosphere, the foreboding feeling, the cinematography in some spots even... :wow:

Daps
Did you people watch the show?

When the carter runs onto your property to waterboard your daughter, you can't mistake it for not being the cartel. When the lawyer yells above your daughter's screams that betraying Marty is akin to betraying the cartel, you can't mistake that

He knew Marty was laundering money for the cartel, that doesn't mean he thought that money was coming from the cartel.

Marty is not the cartel. Marty was bound one the ground right next to Cade whilst Ruth got tortured. Cade likely figured Marty was buying him off to protect Marty's family from the cartel. It wouldn't have been the first time Marty had to take care of a threat to his operation (and his relationship with the cartel) himself.

daemonova

Daps
He knew Marty was laundering money for the cartel, that doesn't mean he thought that money was coming from the cartel.

Marty is not the cartel. Marty was bound one the ground right next to Cade whilst Ruth got tortured. Cade likely figured Marty was buying him off to protect Marty's family from the cartel. It wouldn't have been the first time Marty had to take care of a threat to his operation (and his relationship with the cartel) himself.
:mindblown:why would Marty give cade a dime. Cade can't protect him from the cartel. Any attention Marty gave that nicca was a a favor to Ruth.

Its was always cartel money why would it be any money other than the cartel's, why would they bother coming out there if it wasn't to make things clear

Daps
:mindblown:why would Marty give cade a dime. Cade can't protect him from the cartel. Any attention Marty gave that nicca was a a favor to Ruth.

Its was always cartel money why would it be any money other than the cartel's, why would they bother coming out there if it wasn't to make things clear

I really don't get what's so hard for you to understand about this. Cade thought Marty was rich from laundering money for the cartel. From Cade's perspective, there's the cartel money, and there's the money Marty earns from laundering the cartel money. Cade likely believed he was being paid to leave town by Marty cuz he was such a thorn in his business's side. Again, it would not be the first time Marty would have appeased a local threat to prevent them causing trouble with his operation (that's how his daughter got her job). Marty didn't just have the cartel kill Ruth cuz Marty doesn't command the cartel. Also again, Cade was spiraling out of control after killing the federal agent, so his head wasn't completely clear....he just saw his lifeline fall out of the sky, so he took it. Clearly he was wrong and it was the cartel's money that they were just using to lure him into a trap.

daemonova

Daps
I really don't get what's so hard for you to understand about this. Cade thought Marty was rich from laundering money for the cartel. From Cade's perspective, there's the cartel money, and there's the money Marty earns from laundering the cartel money. Cade likely believed he was being paid to leave town by Marty cuz he was such a thorn in his business's side. Again, it would not be the first time Marty would have appeased a local threat to prevent them causing trouble with his operation (that's how his daughter got her job). Marty didn't just have the cartel kill Ruth cuz Marty doesn't command the cartel. Also again, Cade was spiraling out of control after killing the federal agent, so his head wasn't completely clear....he just saw his lifeline fall out of the sky, so he took it. Clearly he was wrong and it was the cartel's money that they were just using to lure him into a trap.
We agree that dude was an idiot what we don't agree is you trying rationalize him being an idiot

But there is no reason for us to fight because they are lazy writers, I'll give you that

But let's walk down stupid row, let you tell it, cade was just trying to steal Marty's money, not the cartel. So when cade came up on the coffins, they were supposed to be just Marty's money, not the cartels. Racks and racks and racks of money that are just Marty's not the cartel

OK....

daemonova

Daps
We agree that dude was an idiot what we don't agree is you trying rationalize him being an idiot

But there is no reason for us to fight because they are lazy writers, I'll give you that

But let's walk down stupid row, let you tell it, cade was just trying to steal Marty's money, not the cartel. So when cade came up on the coffins, they were supposed to be just Marty's money, not the cartels. Racks and racks and racks of money that are just Marty's not the cartel

OK....

Not to mention the lawyer was tripping off a 100 grand, and the wife gave cade a half a million, but that was the Marty's money not the cartel

Ok.........