Ozark - Season 2 (Official Thread)

Daps
They'll know it's Cade. Remember he used the fishing box to hit Petty at first. His prints were all over it. Remember when he talked to Ruth and she asked him "Did you fukking touch anything?" Remember as he was hitting Petty with the box he then tossed the box. And the camera man made a point to go away from the action as he finishes Petty to show you exactly where the box landed.

Petty tells his boss how he suspects the drugs being made in the Ozarks were spiked and then he gets murdered, in the Ozarks, by Cade who, himself, is murdered gangland style in the middle of a street. You really think the feds are just gonna pack it up and leave after all that?

They're not going to treat the death of a federal agent as an open/shut case like they might a corner boy's murder. They're gonna poke around and try to figure out why. And in doing so they're gonna stumble upon all the cracks in Marty's operation....which will be exacerbated by an angry KC mob.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
But honestly i was disappointed by Cade this season.
images

When he was in jail i thought homie was some mastermind type villain that would come out and be on some mastermind diabolical yet smart moves and get all the Langfords in line and bring the heat to all other parties involved. Turns out he was just some dumb redneck who didn't fear anyone. Hell even that it's not like he didn't fear anyone when you look at it. Dude was damn near crying to Ruth when he was begging her to give him an alibi for the fed's murder. I mean i can see how having the feds come for you would cause anyone to be on the brink of shytting in their pants but dude sounded pathetic. I still expected him to keep his gangsta and keep his cool.instead he had no plan and wasn't a leader at all. All his moves backfired almost immediately.

And dude was stupid to think that he could bully the cartel or some important cartel asset like Marty and they'd just hand him $500K to leave them alone.If it was that easy everyone would do it

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Marty: Did you try to kill me? :martin:
Ruth: :merchant: Errr... it was a long time ago.
Marty: No it wasn't :comeon: It was three months ago :gucci:

:dead:
:laff::laff:.. I caught that too.... Like it wasnt a big deal and the fact that she acted like it was 3 yrs. ago...

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Ya'll think Ruth is gonna come after whoever killed Cade just for the sake of the Langmore name?

I have a bad feeling about Charlotte and Whyatt being together. Charlotte despises her family. Whyatt feels like Ruth did her dad in order to protect Marty. That might not sit well with him for long

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
But honestly i was disappointed by Cade this season.
images

When he was in jail i thought homie was some mastermind type villain that would come out and be on some mastermind diabolical yet smart moves and get all the Langfords in line and bring the heat to all other parties involved. Turns out he was just some dumb redneck who didn't fear anyone. Hell even that it's not like he didn't fear anyone when you look at it. Dude was damn near crying to Ruth when he was begging her to give him an alibi for the fed's murder. I mean i can see how having the feds come for you would cause anyone to be on the brink of shytting in their pants but dude sounded pathetic. I still expected him to keep his gangsta and keep his cool.instead he had no plan and wasn't a leader at all. All his moves backfired almost immediately.

And dude was stupid to think that he could bully the cartel or some important cartel asset like Marty and they'd just hand him $500K to leave them alone.If it was that easy everyone would do it
Exactly my thoughts. I was mad disappointed. Ruth was really the one holding the whole family down. Cade was just the dude who didn't give a fukk, so that kept everyone in line.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Finished up the season today. Pretty dope. Like it better then season one which was great. One thing that was really good was that they did not make the wife go full skylar, they actually made her boss up, that is dope. What a acting job by laura linney this season.

Only thing I did not like was the whole daughter arc, so annoying.

Poor Marty just wanted to move away but wify got a taste of the life and is now G'ing up.

All and all real dope season.

Daps
I'm surprised y'all thought Cade was anything more than a dumb redneck. I figured he was just more ruthless than his brothers, that's why they were scared of him, and scared of messing with Ruth cuz he'd fukk them up. But I never thought that he was some sort of mastermind....if he was, his family wouldn't be living in a couple trailers dirty as fukk:heh:

Only the Snells struck me as being any kind of sophisticated criminal in that town.

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I hope not. I like her best when she isn't conflicted and loyal to Marty.

I think she feels sticking with Marty will get her closer to her ideal life. I don't think that was the original plan but she sees that Marty looks out for her and whenever she wants a raise Marty just tells her to name her price.

The fact that Marty was willing to walk away and leave her in charge and in charge of all the money should show her that she should stick with him until things change.

The problem now is we don't know how Wyatt and Three will react as time goes on. If they decide that they want to avenge their father bye harming her Marty will have her back. But if they decide that they want to go after Marty because like it or not he is still the reason their father is dead she will be conflicted.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Ya'll think Ruth is gonna come after whoever killed Cade just for the sake of the Langmore name?

I have a bad feeling about Charlotte and Whyatt being together. Charlotte despises her family. Whyatt feels like Ruth did her dad in order to protect Marty. That might not sit well with him for long
I don't know if you finished the show or not but that question has been settled

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I don't know if you finished the show or not but that question has been settled
The last episode she admitted to killing Russ to Whyatt but again Whyatt still thinks it's all because of Marty.

Three still doesn't know.

daemonova

Daps
The last episode she admitted to killing Russ to Whyatt but again Whyatt still thinks it's all because of Marty.

Three still doesn't know.
I don't believe Wyatt blames Marty for his father's murder, that was my takeaway, we will see what happens next season

As far as Charlotte goes, she is staying in the Ozark to be involved in another stupid ass storyline

daemonova

Daps
I'm surprised y'all thought Cade was anything more than a dumb redneck. I figured he was just more ruthless than his brothers, that's why they were scared of him, and scared of messing with Ruth cuz he'd fukk them up. But I never thought that he was some sort of mastermind....if he was, his family wouldn't be living in a couple trailers dirty as fukk:heh:

Only the Snells struck me as being any kind of sophisticated criminal in that town.
I was just blown at his whole thought process, he seriously thought he was going to run off with the cash and the cartel was never going to find him?