Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
outside of kast 1st album & a lot of singles, i never really listened to them...i even downloaded the whole discog but still couldn't get into their music overall...so mobb deep wins by default

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
What does musically mean? composing songs with complexed rhyme patterns, bridges and chorus. Going deeper than making murder music. calling them weird seems like y'all way of hating because songs go over your head

yea because outkast is just sooooooo deep.:whistle:

way over our heads b.

:laugh:

So Stankonia isn't a dope album anymore? I thought shyt was straight

anymore?

that chit was always trash.

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Infamous captures the combination of anger, depression & hopelessness of the lost & ostracized adolescents in the ghetto in a way that no album ever has in the history of music. While most of their peers in NY were selling their audience fantasies and their peers in LA were cartoon characters for the burbs Mobb Deep made the realest & most relate-able street album ever. Album should be a point of reference for sociologists, album should be preserved for historians, the music & poetry on infamous is as significant and potent as on 'Strange Fruit'

Get out my fukking face with this bullsh!t :rudy: Outkast being crowned over Mobb Deep is a violation of Hip Hop:scusthov:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

yea, all the industry plants.

go figure.

outkast hooks was mostly garbage.

lol @ more range. just cuz you experiment something, doesn't mean that its hot.

ole 'A for Effort' logic.

:camby:

You can't form a solid argument, so you resort to the ol' "sasquatch", "lochness monster" that has become Coli lingo that is "industry plant". You act like your opinion is fact. If you can't state why Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/Love Below aren't game changers, then your opinion is about as valid as an "industry plant". These are albums that had impact and influence and weren't just some rinky dink albums that were thrown in the bushes a week after release.

Journalists still write about this album years since it's release noting it's signifcance as a game changer:

http://claphandsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/retrospective-stankonia-outkast/

http://thedrop.fm/outkast-stankonia-legendary-rap-albums-of-the-2000s/

http://entertainment.time.com/2006/11/02/the-all-time-100-albums/slide/stankonia/

http://www.ndsmcobserver.com/scene/...s-prince-with-stankonia-1.799292#.Uml3UxCXvI0

^^^ This is just a handful of articles. There's more.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:camby:

You can't form a solid argument, so you resort to the ol' "sasquatch", "lochness monster" that has become Coli lingo that is "industry plant". You act like your opinion is fact. If you can't state why Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/Love Below aren't game changers, then your opinion is about as valid as an "industry plant". These are albums that had impact and influence and weren't just some rinky dink albums that were thrown in the bushes a week after release.

Journalists still write about this album years since it's release noting it's signifcance as a game changer:

http://claphandsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/retrospective-stankonia-outkast/

http://thedrop.fm/outkast-stankonia-legendary-rap-albums-of-the-2000s/

http://entertainment.time.com/2006/11/02/the-all-time-100-albums/slide/stankonia/

http://www.ndsmcobserver.com/scene/...s-prince-with-stankonia-1.799292#.Uml3UxCXvI0

^^^ This is just a handful of articles. There's more.

don't nobody care about those middle America or hipster articles. this is hip-hop jim. take that chit elsewhere.

lol @ you thinking the term "industry plant" is coli lingo. you up here trying to throw insults but youre always clueless in every single thread, and you been posting for years.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Take these words home and think it through
Or the next rhyme I write might be about you
Infamous captures the combination of anger, depression & hopelessness of the lost & ostracized adolescents in the ghetto in a way that no album ever has in the history of music. While most of their peers in NY were selling their audience fantasies and their peers in LA were cartoon characters for the burbs Mobb Deep made the realest & most relate-able street album ever. Album should be a point of reference for sociologists, album should be preserved for historians, the music & poetry on infamous is as significant and potent as on 'Strange Fruit'

Get out my fukking face with this bullsh!t :rudy: Outkast being crowned over Mobb Deep is a violation of Hip Hop:scusthov:
:wow:The truth.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
While most of their peers in NY were selling their audience fantasies and their peers in LA were cartoon characters for the burbs Mobb Deep made the realest & most relate-able street album ever.

Uh....homie....Mobb Deep's whole career is pretty much nonstop duck tales. Not saying it should matter in this discussion, but let's be real here.

Fred.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
Uh....homie....Mobb Deep's whole career is pretty much nonstop duck tales. Not saying it should matter in this discussion, but let's be real here.

Fred.
Say what you want about hav and p but the dudes they hang with is real goons.

So the shyt they rapped about wasn't duck tales.Now were they putting in work themselves:manny:Idk.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I agree with you...one thing I'll say is that I think Illmatic captures 90s NY in a poetic fashion as well. The Infamous is a lot darker though

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
don't nobody care about those middle America or hipster articles. this is hip-hop jim. take that chit elsewhere.

lol @ you thinking the term "industry plant" is coli lingo. you up here trying to throw insults but youre always clueless in every single thread, and you been posting for years.

Just say you don't care, because that's really the only person you can speak for without speculating. Yes, this is Hip Hop. Some of those articles are written by Hip Hop fans.

Whether it's Coli lingo or not, it's still a trumped up term that's thrown around and attached to entities that people don't like. LOL @ you calling someone clueless when you throw around baseless arguments and turn to "this is Hip Hop" or throw around labels like "commercial", "Hipster" or the ol' "industry plant". I'm clueless, yet you're always quoting my posts.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Didn't somebody in this thread label OutKast fans elitist? It gets no more elitist than this.

The real violation in this thread is people admitting Mobb Deep fell off after Murda Muzik and still voting for them. Then going on to use the excuse that Mobb Deep's prime >>>>> OutKast's prime as if neither duo continued to make music after that. Now I understand if someone thinks the first three albums from both groups were their best and think the latter three are sub-par or wack. You could make that case based on preference, but to flat out say yeah Mobb Deep fell off, but their first three albums >>>>>> is a weak argument.

StaxMalone

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Duval via Queens
This is tough. Im just going with Mobb because the Infamous is one of my favorite albums of all time so Im biased. Kast had a lot of heat back in the day though

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Say what you want about hav and p but the dudes they hang with is real goons.

So the shyt they rapped about wasn't duck tales.Now were they putting in work themselves:manny:Idk.

I have no idea what goons they got. The Infamous Mobb got stripped by Tru Life.

I'm just saying, out of the two groups people always :scusthov: "Outkast is some weirdos, they are soft as fukk" because of their music or how they dress....yet I've never once heard of them getting beaten up, robbed, or none of that shyt. Mobb Deep "seems" real, but there is various stories of them getting robbed, punched in the face, and generally disrespected. And they never do shyt about it.

So I'm not understanding how what they rap about ain't duck tales. They make great music, but the "Mobb Deep is real" card has no place in this discussion.

Fred.