Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I have no idea what goons they got. The Infamous Mobb got stripped by Tru Life.

I'm just saying, out of the two groups people always :scusthov: "Outkast is some weirdos, they are soft as fukk" because of their music or how they dress....yet I've never once heard of them getting beaten up, robbed, or none of that shyt. Mobb Deep "seems" real, but there is various stories of them getting robbed, punched in the face, and generally disrespected. And they never do shyt about it.

So I'm not understanding how what they rap about ain't duck tales. They make great music, but the "Mobb Deep is real" card has no place in this discussion.

Fred.

Prodigy stayed in the hood. Big Boi and Andre got the fukk up out the hood the moment they got a paycheck.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mobb deep by far. only outkast album i can fukk with is southernplayalistic. sometimes i wonder, how much more of a fan of theirs i'd be, if they had stayed with that pimpin/hustling style from their first album? it's no coincidence that i like ugk, three six, and eightball/mjg more than outkast. actually, it's really got less to do with their subject matter, and more of how organized noize switched their sound up from the first album. as mc's both andre and big boi are talented, they've just swayed more from the kind of shiit i like to hear. oh, and i'm tired of that whole "at least they changed their sound up and experimented" type of shiit. big deal? redman did that when outkast was just coming out, and i actually enjoyed his change of sound.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I have no idea what goons they got. The Infamous Mobb got stripped by Tru Life.

I'm just saying, out of the two groups people always :scusthov: "Outkast is some weirdos, they are soft as fukk" because of their music or how they dress....yet I've never once heard of them getting beaten up, robbed, or none of that shyt. Mobb Deep "seems" real, but there is various stories of them getting robbed, punched in the face, and generally disrespected. And they never do shyt about it.

So I'm not understanding how what they rap about ain't duck tales. They make great music, but the "Mobb Deep is real" card has no place in this discussion.

Fred.
Mobb Deep was real nikkas, if you in the streets you bound to catch some L's. Prodigy's served bids he walked/walks strapped, and he never backed down, Havoc as a teen used to spend time locked in juvenile facilities like Spofford in the BX, they was in that lifestyle. These nikkas was into drugs and alcohol, their crew and many affiliates were convicts and thugs. I seen a video of Mobb Deep in the early days they was outside with nikkas showing off crack rocks in their hands.

Sure a lot of the things weren't true (they probably never caught bodies, etc.) but they were weren't complete frauds, they rapped about things they participated and shyt that went down in the hood.

For example Temperature's Rising is a true story.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't believe Mobb Deep is beating out Outkast...SMH.

Why do you say that...unless you mean that neither group that THAT much better than the other...that's where I agree. My choice is more preference, but I can't deny that Outkast is a dope ass group with classics...

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Why do you say that...unless you mean that neither group that THAT much better than the other...that's where I agree. My choice is more preference, but I can't deny that Outkast is a dope ass group with classics...

I think Outkast has better music and had a bigger impact than Mobb Deep did.

Mobb Deep music is great though. I just think Outkast is so unique that they are on the next level up from where I'd put Mobb Deep, personally.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I think Outkast has better music and had a bigger impact than Mobb Deep did.

Mobb Deep music is great though. I just think Outkast is so unique that they are on the next level up from where I'd put Mobb Deep, personally.

Well vote in the poll and shut the fukk up cause people don't agree with you.