Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Random thoughts after reading this thread:

1. I like both groups equally if we're talking about their best material. I prefer Outkast over all, because they didn't have the dramatic fall off Mobb Deep did. Which brings me to point 2....

2. Prodigy had arguably the worst fall off in rap history. People, be it fans or other rappers, still check for verses from Andre. Both Havoc and Big Boi are criminally overlooked, and unfairly overshadowed by their partners.

3. Don't really see how Havoc revolutionized producing in any way. He's nice as hell but he wasn't doing anything that RZA and Muggs weren't doing before him. Outkast's production, for better or worse, sounds wildly different on each album.

4. These threads are always a chore because half the people posting in them don't know what they're talking about, and are just going off preferences. Like son who said Outkast didn't do their own beats. They only produced around 90% of their own discography. That makes me :patrice:about engaging in these kinds of discussions because that's common knowledge. It ain't some super-duper hidden rap facts.

5. Big Noyd is wild decent but nobody in their right mind would say he's a top tier rapper. Not even sure what this has to do with anything since he's not in Mobb Deep. That's like me saying I give the edge to Outkast based on Cee-Lo's verse on "Git Up Git Out".

Fred.

1.Out of Outkast' 3 classics, only Aquemini has any substantial Outkast production.

2. Prodigy released an AOTY contender with Albert Einstein in 2013, what has 3 Stacks done? Gone head and post Sixteen, Sorry, or Carter IV interlude, since his stans can't post anything else.

You don't even keep up with current rap, fukk we look like listening to your opinion?

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
i like outkast but mobb deep. havoc is a monster on the boards and prodigy at that time was top 5 with the quotables. the infamous and hell on earth are classics to me

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
What does "musically" mean? It seems like its yall way of praising them for being weird and making corny pop songs

What does musically mean? composing songs with complexed rhyme patterns, bridges and chorus. Going deeper than making murder music. calling them weird seems like y'all way of hating because songs go over your head

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
1.Out of Outkast' 3 classics, only Aquemini has any substantial Outkast production.

2. Prodigy released an AOTY contender with Albert Einstein in 2013, what has 3 Stacks done? Gone head and post Sixteen, Sorry, or Carter IV interlude, since his stans can't post anything else.

You don't even keep up with current rap, fukk we look like listening to your opinion?

lol dre didnt rap this year... doesn't mean that he can't rap no more

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
kast is just better at switching up the sound with every album and stil having a critically acclaimed piece of art... their discography is insanely eclectic and unforgettable

however i do love infamous-h.o.e-murda muzik as a trio of fire ass albums, the mobb killed the 90's and h.n.i.c. is a classic

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
i find it funny its mostly kast stans who find it unbelievable to compare the two. anyone whos a true head would say they are neck and neck and it comes down to preference. mobb deep

They have more "musicality", bro!

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
They have more "musicality", bro!
ive heard it all from kast stans. theyre hipster following is among teh worst in hip hop history. im suprised their aint much of a fight going on here. they were acting like elitists when compared to wutang. outkast is a top 10 group closer to 10 than 1.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Outkast wins on the caveat they never fell off rapping like P did, they just stop making albums:ld:

ucanthandlethetruth

Failure is not a option
Daps
Reppin
Planet of Hip Hop
I fux wit cast but e mobb deep..........the mobb body of work overall really is just:banderas:.....havoc is:ohlawd:
cast got they lane and I can see someone else putting them ahead but mobb is pure hip hop imo

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I'm sorry, but Stankonia AND Speakerboxxx/Love Below have been credited as game changers.

:dead:

For better or for worse, much of current Hip Hop sonically sounds more like Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/Love Below than anything Mobb Deep released. That's not me reaching for air, it's something that can be backed up.
yea, all the industry plants.

go figure.

thats not relevant to what i was saying or the final product. we can get into debates on beats and lyrics, id say kast you'd say mobb. whats not up for debate is kast made better hooks and had more range. sonically, topicwise or whatever. they made better all around songs. you can put kast on any beat, east coast, west coast, or south, theyre not limited.
stankonia does have great production.
outkast hooks was mostly garbage.

lol @ more range. just cuz you experiment something, doesn't mean that its hot.

ole 'A for Effort' logic.

Last edited: