Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Outkast was dope. Gotta go with Mobb tho. Like somebody said earlier, P didn't have one wack verse in that three album run. As a matter fact, for somebody that's not an "elite" lyricist, he might be the most sampled rapper in hip hop.

Outkast is one of the best groups ever. I always heard dope music from them, but when I heard Rosa Parks and Andre's verse that shyt had me like :whoo:

And Andre was a better lyricist, but the thing is P's verses was to goons the way Ray Lewis prayer speeches were to football players.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Dude Foxy was a pop star rapper, she was who was put on the lead single of the album. Prodigy was the lyricist that everyone wanted hear on the grimiest track of the album. You do realize that the vast majority of people believe P during this era was a top tier lyricist? Why the fukk would someone put a wack rapper as a feature on an album?

2. Mobb Deep got play in the streets. Nobody gave no fukks about 18th Letter. You couldn't expect Mobb to sell well they were hardcore, they didn't make commercial singles there was no "Juicy", "Ain't No nikka", "California Love" or "Street Dreams" on a Mobb Deep album.

3. Well it's not a good point, that's like criticizing Tribe because Wu-Tang is the best group from NY it's pointless.

1. LOL @ everyone and vast majority. That's a reach if I ever saw one. Prodigy was nowhere near the level you're putting him at. LOL @ Foxy Brown being a pop star rapper. Foxy wasn't exactly some PG female equivalent of Will Smith. She was on songs with Nas (neither of which were singles outside of the Firm album). She shared guest spots with Prodigy. She was on posse cuts with Nas, AZ, and Mega.

2. Excuses. Wu Tang is one of the grimiest groups of all time and had no trouble moving units.

3. I didn't criticize Mobb Deep by saying Tribe was better. I was saying, how could they be a top tier group and not even be the best out of their own borough.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
3. I didn't criticize Mobb Deep by saying Tribe was better. I was saying, how could they be a top tier group and not even be the best out of their own borough.

LOT of rap talent came from Queens. Group wise off the top there's Tribe, Run DMC, Mobb, CNN, even G-Unit. Don't even get into solo artists. No shame in not being the number 1 group from Queens.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
1. LOL @ everyone and vast majority. That's a reach if I ever saw one. Prodigy was nowhere near the level you're putting him at. LOL @ Foxy Brown being a pop star rapper. Foxy wasn't exactly some PG female equivalent of Will Smith. She was on songs with Nas (neither of which were singles outside of the Firm album). She shared guest spots with Prodigy. She was on posse cuts with Nas, AZ, and Mega.

2. Excuses. Wu Tang is one of the grimiest groups of all time and had no trouble moving units.

1. She wasn't Will Smith, but she was like what Nicki Minaj is today. She's the one that's featured on the remixes and most popular singles, I don't get what so difficult to understand about that. Prodigy was clearly top tier again do you not see the rhyme schemes, delivery, stories, concept, emotion and voice all components of a top tier MC and Prodigy had them all. How many nikkas alone in this thread have praised Prodigy for his lyricism, there's another long thread on this site praising P's lyrical ability during this period.

2. It's pretty much a fact if you don't put out a mainstream single you're not going Platinum. That's why Mobb Deep didn't go Plat until they made "Quiet Storm". Mobb Deep was more hardcore than Wu-Tang, and Wu-Tang was more appealing to the mainstream than Mobb Deep. Again another pointless argument, we were talking about Rakim and Mobb Deep who was bigger in 1997 you'd have to be on drugs to think a :flabbynsick: Rakim was bigger than Mobb Deep, or that 18th Letter is better than any Mobb Deep album 95-99.

3. Pointless who cares if Tribe was better.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
OUTKAST DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE BEST ALBUM OUT OF ATLANTA IN THE 90s. GOODIE MOB DID.

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OUTKAST DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE BEST ALBUM OUT OF ATLANTA IN THE 90s. GOODIE MOB DID.

That's your opinion... Not taking nothing from Goodie Mob(They come from the same crew anyway so it doesn't really matter), but the facts say that Outkast was the group that more people were drawn to.

shyt if anything we should be comparing Mobb Deep to Goodie Mob, because anyone saying Mobb Deep was a bigger deal in 96 than Outkast is just lying to themselves.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Man, thats crazy to me that people would choose Mobb Deep over Kast.

I have a love for that grimy New York sound, but Outkast has put out some seminal, timeless music over the years.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

I have a love for that grimy New York sound, but Outkast has put out some seminal, timeless music over the years.

Can you in your heart of hearts say Outkast has made something as good as The Infamous? I'd put Kast best album in contention with Hell On Earth...

Kast was a pop group after Aquemini. There's a reason they get played in White kid middleschool dances.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Can you in your heart of hearts say Outkast has made something as good as The Infamous? I'd put Kast best album in contention with Hell On Earth...

Kast was a pop group after Aquemini. There's a reason they get played in White kid middleschool dances.
fukk no. but thats one album

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's the way they look at hip hop now a days and who was at the forefront to cause what we hear. Sorta like when everyone started using Autotune and they blamed T-Pain. They like to hate on innovators rather than giving them credit. When The Love Below came out hip hop changed drastically. If you've noticed, all the people vying for Mobb Deep have all said they hated that album. Despite it being and album that went diamond(So people bought it even though they knew the direction it was going in at the time. It had multiple hit singles.) and was one of the only two hip hop albums to win a grammy for album of the year.

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The was nothing at the time of any of those Outkast albums that was POP. You need to redefine what you think POP is, because no one was doing what Outkast was doing at that time.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Hell On Earth can't compare to Aquemini ?
Murda Muzik can't compare to ATLiens?

:stopitslime:
Im not a huge Aquamini fan, so Id actually take Hell On Earth over Aquamini

fukk outta here with that second comparison though. ATLiens is a top 10 hip hop album.

Mobb Deep has 2 AMAZING albums, but Outkast put out 4 classics in a row. And that double album they did back in 04 was dope as well.