"Outkast is bigger and better than Run DMC" - Big Gipp

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I can tell you're full of shyt. Nobody is influenced by kast but every nikka mentions them as an influence, 3k been the hottest feature in rap for damn near a decade. nikkas nowadays dressing all weird, wearing dresses and shyt, who made that shyt cool? You just said big boi was a jersey pioneer, nikka was rocking throwbacks in the 90s. They wasn't culturally accepted until Erykah? The first album went platinum though, I'm from the west. shyt was getting played in my house. You steady talking about them biting, what about the dudes who bit them?

you, from the west coast.
thanks for showcasing you have mecca envy and are just defiant about the culture.
plus, I know we not taking pc purposefully comments from rappers as real talk.
as, this whole thread is about gip making pc, backlorded comments about run dmc.
kast, got cultural acclaim from Erykah badu, breh.
it is why they were ignored at the 95 source and had to be on Eastcoast movie sdtrks.
to gain permeation, or be recognized culturally.
before Erykah and dre was seen with her.
big boi was thought of as normal.
dre, was normal and switched up to being a weirdo with no basis.
as, culturally his dress had nuffin to do culturally with hiphop.
that street wear shyt they were on was not culturally accepted and hipster shyt is not hiphop.
hipsters play fake dressup.
this was disclosed in murder dog, twenty plus years ago.
about kast not socially seeing eye to eye and having two separate entourages and styles socially.
now, to dre's credit he did his home work and is seen as genuine from long standing pr, in his darling of the media favor.
yet, no one in general in the south is rocking baseball retros and weird shuggie otis style gear.
big boi raps double time.
the big screw impact for double time as a commercially formated viable product comes from Twista's screw run, on adrenaline rush.
so, even big boi ramp up in skill is not from his own way of thought.
it is because big boi likes to be dope boi current and leaned on that skillset.
nobody in the south is rapping like dre.
as, real talk dre's change in content.
will always be looked at as him changing to being eclectic as the spreadsheet said and following Erykah.

Art Barr

Also, your verbiage is awry.
as, dungeon fam's cool breeze is the material that is globally the influence of the south from a general nikka persepctive.
kast is not influential from a general nikka perspective like that.
nor, are they that influential in an underground/cultural sense either.
as, everyone already in the culture made eclectic music appreciation style music.
way before kast changed their direction to be exactly that.
kast is not the influence for that.
the native tongues and bomb squad collective are the influence to that, sonically and in cosmetic look.
you are not about to strip native tongues of what they are and pioneered.
just because kast sold more recodds in volume after.
plus, whatever eclectic look native tongues moved people into.
souls of mischief in that same time made the cosmetic look more current and street on a general perspective to everyone who knew to pay attention back then.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
kast was never known for rocking real breaks like that.
their production leans on ol school way of thought progression of funk from shuggie Otis.
there is not one classic kast breakbeat record that nikkaz point to in a new school hardcore bboy way of thought.
especially, if we talembout run dmc.
nikkaz are revising history.
kast was a sellout pimp gangsta rap group before dre slept with badu.
kast was not accepted in a cultural sense till dre was seen with erykah.
erykah's steez is what single-handidly created their perception as this culture enriched group.
before that, they were what if souls of mischief made no man's land before no man's land on laface/arista.
as a matter of fact if souls of mischief and gangsta rap.was not funk influenced in an commercial over-saturated manner.
they would have went nowhere like if souls debuted as their sellout incarnation content and rhymewise on no man's land.
souls are the beginning lenchpin stan group in the styles era.
that directed bboys to toys to image style, and skill sets for that gen culturally as a gateway.

Art Barr
Details, details.

They are still making music to these recent years with them sticking to old school instrumentals.

I have yet to see them throw away their old school instrumentals in favor of new school beats like the many artists that stayed relevant as long as them

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Details, details.

They are still making music to these recent years with them sticking to old school instrumentals.

I have yet to see them throw away their old school instrumentals in favor of new school beats like the many artists that stayed relevant as long as them

Chico dusty was big boi just making a whole album full of relevant beats.

Art Barr

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Yall nikkaz wanna know how BAD I wanted some adidas when I was in elementary?:russ::laff:

Cold part is pops knew that shyt and wasn't fukkin with me. Even had the audacity to rap rock box right in front of me....Grew up on Run DMC, GB, Dungeon Fam...How Gipp call out Run DMC of all people. I know he ridin for his potnas but C'mon bruh, Run DMC outta everybody? I still play Git Up, Git Out but gotdamn.....

Scarface on The Realest, "Most nikkaz give they props to Run DMC but nikkaz in the south gotta give em to me"

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
you, from the west coast.
thanks for showcasing you have mecca envy and are just defiant about the culture.
plus, I know we not taking pc purposefully comments from rappers as real talk.
as, this whole thread is about gip making pc, backlorded comments about run dmc.
kast, got cultural acclaim from Erykah badu, breh.
it is why they were ignored at the 95 source and had to be on Eastcoast movie sdtrks.
to gain permeation, or be recognized culturally.
before Erykah and dre was seen with her.
big boi was thought of as normal.
dre, was normal and switched up to being a weirdo with no basis.
as, culturally his dress had nuffin to do culturally with hiphop.
that street wear shyt they were on was not culturally accepted and hipster shyt is not hiphop.
hipsters play fake dressup.
this was disclosed in murder dog, twenty plus years ago.
about kast not socially seeing eye to eye and having two separate entourages and styles socially.
now, to dre's credit he did his home work and is seen as genuine from long standing pr, in his darling of the media favor.
yet, no one in general in the south is rocking baseball retros and weird shuggie otis style gear.
big boi raps double time.
the big screw impact for double time as a commercially formated viable product comes from Twista's screw run, on adrenaline rush.
so, even big boi ramp up in skill is not from his own way of thought.
it is because big boi likes to be dope boi current and leaned on that skillset.
nobody in the south is rapping like dre.
as, real talk dre's change in content.
will always be looked at as him changing to being eclectic as the spreadsheet said and following Erykah.

Art Barr

Also, your verbiage is awry.
as, dungeon fam's cool breeze is the material that is globally the influence of the south from a general nikka persepctive.
kast is not influential from a general nikka perspective like that.
nor, are they that influential in an underground/cultural sense either.
as, everyone already in the culture made eclectic music appreciation style music.
way before kast changed their direction to be exactly that.
kast is not the influence for that.
the native tongues and bomb squad collective are the influence to that, sonically and in cosmetic look.
you are not about to strip native tongues of what they are and pioneered.
just because kast sold more recodds in volume after.
plus, whatever eclectic look native tongues moved people into.
souls of mischief in that same time made the cosmetic look more current and street on a general perspective to everyone who knew to pay attention back then.

Art Barr
Mecca envy?:leostare: They were critically acclaimed and multi platinum before badu even dropped, that whole argument is void. East coast is not the whole culture bruh. There are plenty of rappers who site big boi and dre as influential, that's not real talk though? All that shyt you made up is right? :mjpls:They are quoted regularly in music. You say nobody dresses like big boi, well now they don't. Back in 02/03 everybody was wearing throwbacks, big was the first. nikkas wearing dresses now and shyt because dre made it OK. You reaching bruh.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Mecca envy?:leostare: They were critically acclaimed and multi platinum before badu even dropped, that whole argument is void. East coast is not the whole culture bruh. There are plenty of rappers who site big boi and dre as influential, that's not real talk though? All that shyt you made up is right? :mjpls:They are quoted regularly in music. You say nobody dresses like big boi, well now they don't. Back in 02/03 everybody was wearing throwbacks, big was the first. nikkas wearing dresses now and shyt because dre made it OK. You reaching bruh.

Dawg, nobody who is a bboy in this culture is rocking clothes dre influenced.
plus, outside of retro neon green ATL bball jerseys before Mitchell and ness.
big boi rocked baseball jerseys and satin coats.
satin coats were in style back when my philosophy rocked, my nikka.
That shyt was starter coats and we're still relevant in 93 to hood nikkaz apparel choices,
so, where did big boi influence widespread general nikkaz to rock retros.
even big boi, belly ached about no one peeping his retro steez.
which was mostly baseball jerseys and in urban culture.
baseball jerseys are hard body.
cops in their civilian/uniform,...
I got that vest and it on me cop gear.

Art Barr

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Luke don't really count to me...
The Geto Boys, Face and Rap-A-Lot as a whole, were huge. Minds Playing Tricks on Me got nationwide radio play. And it all started in the 80s.
All that placing on the shoulders stuff is subjective. Fact is - Geto Boys were first. Geto Boys made noise in the 80s. Geto Boys were nationwide. Geto Boys had classics before Outkast dropped.
geto boys had rick rubin in their corner at first...
As for the most INFLUENTIAL group to came from the south that to this very DAY provided the identity of the entire region, as well as the musical sound and culture.... that is UGK! As a matter of fact, that was the very group that inspired OUTKAST do become what they become. Word to Big Boi himself.
but they both have said they pretended to be atcq..when they were known as 2 shades deep

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
MLB-Houston-Astros--2334-Ryan-Yellow-Throwback-Jersey-7491-66166.JPG

hottest jersey in the throwback game at one point. i've seen big boi belly ache about nikkas biting his steeze.

cudi, rocky, thug, kanye, etc. dre paved the way for all them weirdo dudes.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
MLB-Houston-Astros--2334-Ryan-Yellow-Throwback-Jersey-7491-66166.JPG

hottest jersey in the throwback game at one point. i've seen big boi belly ache about nikkas biting his steeze.

cudi, rocky, thug, kanye, etc. dre paved the way for all them weirdo dudes.

nikkaz that were hood were not cop'n baseball retros.
baseball retros are for guys who just like jerseys and collect them.
that wave was completely different from hood nikkaz in bball style retro jerseys.
I love the baseball retros but I would not rock them cause I don't get down with looking like a cop.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Shutterbug was relevamt?

Really? :snoop:

The entire Chico dusty line was about rocking in the current southern sonic landscape.
Big boi, made that a huge point of its marketing and it was heralded critically as an album of the year candidate then, too.

Art Barr

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The entire Chico dusty line was about rocking in the current southern sonic landscape.
Big boi, made that a huge point of its marketing and it was heralded critically as an album of the year candidate then, too.

Art Barr
Well yea Big boi is more into the mainstream than Andre yet Shuttebug still shouted out the old school.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
people need to chill with this "but outkast made better music" talk. that chit is even more ridiculous than saying that outkast is bigger.

wheres outkast's answer to "raising hell" or "run dmc"(thats the name of the debut for you lames). hell, do they even have an album better than "king of rock"?

and dont even get me started on the singles. shoot, run dmc has tons of album cuts that are way more popular & impactful than whatever outkast single yall want to throw out there.

you dudes is sittin on blades.:scusthov: get away from hip-hop PLEASE. yall made this chit corny.

fukk outta here

Like I've said before, hipster & southern revisionism has made Outkast comfortably the most overrated group in hiphop history

:salute:

Soon Kanye gonna be more influential than James Brown on the Coli..smh

Most of yall real young..therefore, ur opinions are diluted

dead ass. i saw somebody in here say that outkast is more influential because they came out in the '90s.

these people seriously live in their own little worlds and disregard anything that came before them.

run dmc = the biggest rap group of all-time
outkast = a second-tier group in the mid-90s era.

the fact that these dudes leap-frogging all the groups ahead of them from THEIR ERA is ridiculous enough. but now you want to put them ahead of run dmc?

thats like saying ray mercer should be ranked higher than jack johnson.

It's technically true, Kast was bigger in sales etc. from a technical point of view as far as MCing goes, both Run and DMC were never monsters even their hey day.

they were bigger monsters than big boi & dre were.

i can tell you that.

The previous album sold 4 mill.

and it was mostly purhased by hipsters, soccer moms and neo-soul incent burners.

niccas wasnt checking for stankonia outside of the singles. and niccas werent really checkin for aquemini either. but im not even gonna go there. i hurt too many feelings already. i'll play nice.

Is this what you're getting at when you say "eating off the plate of AD"?

mostly yea.

but they also ran with alot of AD's steez.

Outkast is certainly bigger, and time will tell if they're more influential than Run DMC.

:mjlol:

outkast came out over 2 decade ago breh.

if they were gonna have a massive influence on hip-hop, they wouldve already did that years ago.

Based on the responses in this thread I'd wager 70% of the posters in here have never heard a Run DMC album all the way through and 75% have never heard an Outkast album all the way through.
I'd also guess if most had to decide if they wanted to listen to a DMC album or Outkast album 90% would choose Outkast and the other 10 would just choose DMC to be different.

you must like to lose money.

everybody on here isnt 19 years old.

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Soon Kanye gonna be more influential than James Brown on the Coli..smh

Most of yall real young..therefore, ur opinions are diluted
:laff: breh ikr. Run DMC were a MOVEMENT and made great music. Outkast just made great music and sold a lot of records.