"Outkast is bigger and better than Run DMC" - Big Gipp

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Son and my point was that I never denied they took from Souls Of Mischief...my point was saying they took from Souls of Mischief is not proof they took from corny ass hippie Arrested Development...which Souls of Mischief is NOTHING like...imo...my dude was tryna tie them biting Souls into them biting Arrested Development...
they bit qtip n phife...deep down...but in order for them to get in the game..they followed the ugk..ball n g format...pimp n the lyricist

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:mindblown: @ nikkas saying kast ain't got influence. This ain't the 90s no more. That kast influence is strong right now. Yaw actually think today's rappers is checking for run dmc? :mjlol:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I respect Run DMC for jumping into rock and pulling white fans but I gotta say....

Outlast kept that old school rap alive. Just hearing their instrumentals from their first to recent albums have me reminiscent of the old school days.

Even big boi recent albums have old school like Shutterbug

I respect them to the ends of the earth for that.

kast was never known for rocking real breaks like that.
their production leans on ol school way of thought progression of funk from shuggie Otis.
there is not one classic kast breakbeat record that nikkaz point to in a new school hardcore bboy way of thought.
especially, if we talembout run dmc.
nikkaz are revising history.
kast was a sellout pimp gangsta rap group before dre slept with badu.
kast was not accepted in a cultural sense till dre was seen with erykah.
erykah's steez is what single-handidly created their perception as this culture enriched group.
before that, they were what if souls of mischief made no man's land before no man's land on laface/arista.
as a matter of fact if souls of mischief and gangsta rap.was not funk influenced in an commercial over-saturated manner.
they would have went nowhere like if souls debuted as their sellout incarnation content and rhymewise on no man's land.
souls are the beginning lenchpin stan group in the styles era.
that directed bboys to toys to image style, and skill sets for that gen culturally as a gateway.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:mindblown: @ nikkas saying kast ain't got influence. This ain't the 90s no more. That kast influence is strong right now. Yaw actually think today's rappers is checking for run dmc? :mjlol:

nobody is influenced by kast, in a general sense at all, breh.
you trying to say kast is influential from the south is saying people in the south wannabe proficient at emcee'n like luda when that is a lie.
nuffin kast has done is influential because they did not create any of the steez they rock.
nor, have people followed them hardcore to switch up their image, either.
bog boi dressed how he always dressed and is not credited for being the pioneer he is for rocking jerseys.
as, a matter of fact...
Who they bit in souls, during the styles era.
in the first influx of toys created this aesthetic next Gen gear and rocking dreads.
big boi's steez in retros was baseball jerseys which is cop gear.
nobody is wearing Swedish mountain climber Hansel and Gretel gear like andre.

Art Barr

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
nobody is influenced by kast, in a general sense at all, breh.
you trying to say kast is influential from the south is saying people in the south wannabe proficient at emcee'n like luda when that is a lie.
nuffin kast has done is influential because they did not create any of the steez they rock.
nor, have people followed them hardcore to switch up their image, either.
bog boi dressed how he always dressed and is not credited for being the pioneer he is for rocking jerseys.
as, a matter of fact...
Who they bit in souls, during the styles era.
in the first influx of toys created this aesthetic next Gen gear and rocking dreads.
big boi's steez in retros was baseball jerseys which is cop gear.
nobody is wearing Swedish mountain climber Hansel and Gretel gear like andre.

Art Barr
:camby: fukk outta here with that bullshyt nikka. you trying way too hard bruh.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yea I could see how that's true...and that's what I'm sayin..I woulda took the nikka more serious if he woulda said they bit Tribe...not no damn Arrested Development...

huff ass slave looking commercial.wack rap making arrested development and bitin ass disable planets.
two wack nikkaz in that group speech and doodlebug I both dissed to their faces in 95 on separate occasions btw.
anyway, those two groups provided the spreadsheet based return to make tribe a focal point for jive in marketing and sales.
before that jive had no idea being diamond miner's.
that atcq was a kin to Dela and part of a platinum selling collective.
it was after arrested and digable did atcq get their due commercially to general fans. Which also perpetrated more of the toy movement playing dressup, as well.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:camby: fukk outta here worth that bullshyt nikka. you trying way too hard hard bruh.

I can tell you were not cognitive in that era.
plus, and most importantly,....
were not cognitive in a cultural sense in that era.

I know so because you have your time line completely fukked up.
you, don't know what you are talembout.
I live in the south now too.
I have yet to see one nikka not completely dope boi influenced.
kast has no reach to the common nikka like that and never influenced white people in dress, like that, either.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Luke don't really count to me...
The Geto Boys, Face and Rap-A-Lot as a whole, were huge. Minds Playing Tricks on Me got nationwide radio play. And it all started in the 80s.
All that placing on the shoulders stuff is subjective. Fact is - Geto Boys were first. Geto Boys made noise in the 80s. Geto Boys were nationwide. Geto Boys had classics before Outkast dropped.

The geto Boyz and later a solo big Mike callING for then southern groups grouped into the west coast called for segregation and being known as the southern region.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Is this nikka Art Barr off his meds again?

Expose you don't know the time line and history.
then, deflect it into a personal attack.
all because you know you will be exposed as one of those phoney neo soul rnb dressed up funny nikkaz and not a bboy.

Art Barr

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outkast may have been the most successful group to done it, but when it comes to the rap group that held the most influence and impact, that award goes to RUN-DMC. Outkast wouldn't of even have the success that they had had it not been for the likes of Run-DMC for paving the way for ALL of hip hop to not just be locally successful, but globally successful AND to break barriers in music. Outkast wouldn't even imagine trying to break into other musical genre had it not been for Run-DMC being the pioneers. They wouldn't of been adored worldwide had it not been for Run-DMC. The fact that this group allowed US to be ourselves on the MIC and not trying to emulate some old PFUNK show or anything that The Furious Five, Soul Sonic Force and so forth were doing, and get adoring street cred, setting up the STANDARD that is still in placed TO THIS VERY DAY, it proves that there's no OTHER group that catapulted hip hop to an unbelievable level. Run-DMC were the ones that had rappers actually BELIEVE that careers can be made out of emceeing and not just for kicks and giggles.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As for the most INFLUENTIAL group to came from the south that to this very DAY provided the identity of the entire region, as well as the musical sound and culture.... that is UGK! As a matter of fact, that was the very group that inspired OUTKAST do become what they become. Word to Big Boi himself.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I can tell you were not cognitive in that era.
plus, and most importantly,....
we're not cognitive in a cultural sense in that era.

I know so because you have your time line completely fukked up.
you, don't know what you are talembout.
I live in the south now too.
I have yet to see one nikka not completely dope boi influenced.
kast has no reach to the common nikka like that and never influenced white people in dress, like that, either.

Art Barr

I can tell you're full of shyt. Nobody is influenced by kast but every nikka mentions them as an influence, 3k been the hottest feature in rap for damn near a decade. nikkas nowadays dressing all weird, wearing dresses and shyt, who made that shyt cool? You just said big boi was a jersey pioneer, nikka was rocking throwbacks in the 90s. They wasn't culturally accepted until Erykah? The first album went platinum though, I'm from the west. shyt was getting played in my house. You steady talking about them biting, what about the dudes who bit them?