Our education system is in shambles

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:comeon:
I've had teachers who were nice ladies. Some were good, some were terrible as actual teachers.
I've had teachers who were homos. Same thing. Some good, some terrible.
I've had teacherd who were anti-social and awkward. Same thing again.

Teaching is a fall-back for most. Ok ... and? That means what? Does that make their job any less meaningful when they literally shape the futures of the next generation?

I don't even know what you're trying to say or what your counter-point is to be honest. My general point was that there is an institutional incentive to attract poor quality teachers and stressed, underpaid teachers. That's one of the many problems with the education system. We could go on, but that is one big problem. Do you dispute that?

Do you think the public education system is in good shape? If you do, there are statistics that would strongly disagree with you.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
lol @ this thread title

The education system here has sucked for decades. This is supposed to be the most advanced, powerful nation on earth yet average students from "third world" countries come here and DOMINATE despite their challenges of adapting and learning a new language.

shyt was funny to me when i first moved to this country and found out they had multiple choice test. Me and my boy looked at each other like "Hold up....they GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS???? And all you gotta do is pick the right one but still ....GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS" :ohmy: :wtf:

We about to :eat:

The 3rd world people that come here and dominate are the best of the best where they are from. The good schools in america are some of the best in the world but just like everywhere you have the haves and the have nots. There's a reason why those people come here to go to school and in third world countries, a majority of the population doesnt go to school at all, so the percentages are skewed. Truth is the average american is smarter than the average kid from a third world country. I think the biggest difference is that here we reinforce social skills along with education and it's a lot different in 3rd world countries.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
The quality of the teachers the system is attracting. She was a typical stripper bird and she had to supplement her teaching income by stripping. She was mad ghetto and loud and cussing out some dude who tried to take a picture of her or something.

Teachers don't get paid much and there isn't any accountability. They get tenured and can't get fired. And teaching is just a fall back for most people. It's not deemed as passionate or rewarding. I thought about being a biology or chemistry teacher for a minute just cause I needed a job after college. It wasn't my first choice. I would've been doing some shyt I really didn't want to do for far less money than I ended up making. I think that's the case for a lot of people. That's why you get the quality of teachers you get.

Not true.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The education system is in shambles. But it's not due to ratchet head start "teachers"

Head start is basically daycare. They have a couple liscensed teachers at the schools, but the majority of the employees are just daycare workers. I wouldn't call them teachers at all

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The education system is in shambles. But it's not due to ratchet head start "teachers"

Head start is basically daycare. They have a couple liscensed teachers at the schools, but the majority of the employees are just daycare workers. I wouldn't call them teachers at all

Statistics seem to indicate that kids who go to head start do significantly better than their peers up until about 4th grade then it starts to even out.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I'm not saying head start is a bad thing. I'm just saying that ratchet ass stripper wasn't a "teacher"

Perhaps. But there is evidence that head start can be effective. So those advantageous scenarios should be identified and the methods expanded upon. That shyt is getting cut by the sequester anyway.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The 3rd world people that come here and dominate are the best of the best where they are from. The good schools in america are some of the best in the world but just like everywhere you have the haves and the have nots. There's a reason why those people come here to go to school and in third world countries, a majority of the population doesnt go to school at all, so the percentages are skewed. Truth is the average american is smarter than the average kid from a third world country. I think the biggest difference is that here we reinforce social skills along with education and it's a lot different in 3rd world countries.

I did specify the average student in third world countries.

I was just an average student in my country when I came here and was placed in the 9th grade. In subjects like math, science and languages i ran laps around the kids i went to school with here. Even my written English was much better which was weird in itself but hey. I was placed in a ESOL class level 3 my first year and when i went to regular english classes with born english speakers i would read their essays in comparison to mines and be like :huh:

The average american adult is smarter than them because life experience matters and because of the lack of resources in those countries the books can only take you so far.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I did specify the average student in third world countries.

I was just an average student in my country when I came here and was placed in the 9th grade. In subjects like math, science and languages i ran laps around the kids i went to school with here. Even my written English was much better which was weird in itself but hey. I was placed in a ESOL class level 3 my first year and when i went to regular english classes with born english speakers i would read their essays in comparison to mines and be like :huh:

The average american adult is smarter than them because life experience matters and because of the lack of resources in those countries the books can only take you so far.

I agree with all of this

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
im not surprised at all, u know how many of those strippers in cities like atl, miami, and houston are probably teachers or going to school at the same time to be a teacher?

my 8th grade teacher was ratchet and was married to a drug dealer, i even heard rumors a few of my classmates smashed once we got in high school :mindblown:

i feel sorry for our generation of babies brehs :to:

concise

Veteran
Daps
I don't even know what you're trying to say or what your counter-point is to be honest. My general point was that there is an institutional incentive to attract poor quality teachers and stressed, underpaid teachers. That's one of the many problems with the education system. We could go on, but that is one big problem. Do you dispute that?

Do you think the public education system is in good shape? If you do, there are statistics that would strongly disagree with you.

This thread would have been much better if you started off with those stats as a talking point instead of that one stripper you met that night. The point was, just because you deem her to be "ratchet", doesn't mean she can't actually be an effective teacher as well. The stripper part can get her out for morality reasons, yes. But being "ratchet" and cussing grown adults does not mean they'll be bad teachers, just like being nice and mild-mannered won't make them good teachers.

I don't think the education system is as good as it can be, but I don't think it's in shambles, either.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Perhaps. But there is evidence that head start can be effective. So those advantageous scenarios should be identified and the methods expanded upon. That shyt is getting cut by the sequester anyway.

I never denied any of this. I think headstart is a great program and should be expanded. I'm just saying that the fact that ratchet strippers work as daycare helpers in these programs, isn't a reflection on real "teachers" or the effectiveness of said programs.