Oscar Issac and Jessica Chastain star in Scenes from a Marriage, September 12(HBO)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
These two are clearly not compatible with one another and I’m happy they’re not sugar coating anything as far as reconciliation goes. Communication is so important and it seems like both are talking to walls.

Jonathan has his flaws as well, but I liked how he stayed firm with not saying “fukk it” and taking her back despite waiting all those years for that very moment.

:deadmanny:@ Mira mirroring the same actions and begs as Jonathan from the second episode. Now you want to “just take a second” and work things out? Now you want to take things in consideration for Ava? Too late.

Their once clean house becoming dirtier as the relationship decays is a nice touch.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
this ep tonight was neck to neck with the 2nd ep...glad John stuck to his guns and didn't fall for any more of her manipulation

even if she is being somewhat sincere, the way she came about gives her no credibility with her history
Her inability of being transparent from the get-go bugs the hell out of me. Jonathan asks what’s wrong and she says it’s nothing. 15 minutes later she drops some significant news that should’ve been addressed at the start. 15 minutes later and she drops another bombshell. 5 minutes later and now she doesn’t want to sign the papers. :gucci:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Her inability of being transparent from the get-go bugs the hell out of me. Jonathan asks what’s wrong and she says it’s nothing. 15 minutes later she drops some significant news that should’ve been addressed at the start. 15 minutes later and she drops another bombshell. 5 minutes later and now she doesn’t want to sign the papers. :gucci:

it's manipulation and embarrassment. She's used to being able to get her way and can't anymore (she tells John that by saying her boss was looking right thru her). Part of me believe this whole ep was her trying to see if she still had that ability over John.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Don't like Jessica Chastain but think Oscar's a great actor, should I watch this? If the whole show is her being annoying I don't think I'll be able to stomach it lol

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Just started the episode...talking finalizing the divorce:

You are now permitted to all men :ufdup:
All men...that includes you :lupe:::wub::queen:
Nah I'm good :hubie:

Literally 2 mins later....
crotch-shot.gif

Jonathan getting sucked back in :beli:
Mira didn't even wash up :scust:

Edit: Jonathan going HOH now :blessed:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Don't like Jessica Chastain but think Oscar's a great actor, should I watch this? If the whole show is her being annoying I don't think I'll be able to stomach it lol
It’s worthy of a watch due to not only the performances but also how raw and real the situations are. It feels like you’re sitting in front of a real-life couple watching their relationship unfold when things aren’t sunshine and flowers.

Chastain’s character is going to drive you crazy, and there’s simply no way around that one. Both her and Oscar have traits that you will find irritating. The show is emotionally draining, so have a pick-me-upper ready.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
it's manipulation and embarrassment. She's used to being able to get her way and can't anymore (she tells John that by saying her boss was looking right thru her). Part of me believe this whole ep was her trying to see if she still had that ability over John.
Absolutely. She can’t stand seeing Jonathan find peace without her, and it drives her crazy. Jonathan was cold in this, has wrongly acted callous to her in the past, but I thought it was warranted here given everything he’s been through. Mira gets a taste of how he felt when she abandoned him and Ava.

It’s funny how earlier in the show, all Jonathan did to prevent Mira from leaving was hug her tightly and now here she goes throwing hands, throwing books while he’s already down, and causing head trauma to convince him to stay. :skip:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Just finished...had to pause it for a meeting

I'm trying to be objective here and see Mira's side....but I think I despise her more than Skylar White :heh:. Like I legit would kill this bytch if she was my wife. Poli left her, work left her...she comes running back, "I just wanna come home" :pacspit:

Good to see Jonathan grow some balls here. He appears to in a legit good place 2 years later. I can relate to that feeling of wanting to be a father. There's no other joy in my opinion and that abortion scene a couple of eps ago hit hard. Hearing about what he was considering with his colleague was :leon::ehh: to me.

Seeing him grow a back bone is good because I couldn't take much more of him bending over to Mira.

I'm now invested in this show.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did she really expect Jonathan to take her back after how cruel she was to him?

bytch is a psycho.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Great show, Mira may be the most unlikable character in the history of TV.

The show embodies why so many people find upper middle class cosmopolitan's annoying. So much selfishness.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Great show, Mira may be the most unlikable character in the history of TV.

The show embodies why so many people find upper middle class cosmopolitan's annoying. So much selfishness.

Extremely impressive story. I hated that bytch but I love Jessica as an actor.

They both did their thing

Overall great show