Oscar Issac and Jessica Chastain star in Scenes from a Marriage, September 12(HBO)

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
2 episodes in and the wife is the reason why I dont take any bytch serious. Flippant and disrespectful. Only a woman who isnt scared of getting her ass beat would have that energy with cheating.
:yeshrug:

She was talking about cheating and leaving like she was 18 and about to join the Peace Corps. I've been in those situations when I'm in such shock that I default to calm mode. But by Buddha, he needed to drag her to the attic and pile drive her thru all the floors in the house. That was crazy.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
The original movie was way better than this. I actually felt the couple was connected and believed that they would keep coming back to each other from the very beginning of the movie. Better acting and writing as well.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Women are legit little kids

:mjlol:

“Looking for consistent passion” & “Feeling Alive”

it’s almost as if you need to plan vacations or create excitement once a month or every quarter.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
“Fell in love” with Israeli CEO

:russ:

Aka. He probably just using you for fun

Meanwhile you’re taking care of the kids like a good beta

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Another show where the man is a bytch ass nikka. Shyt getting old smhh

Nah, he got his act together in episode 4 and 5. She was begging to stay but he stood strong the entire time. Even got some ass out of it before he put up the wall.

I finally got around to this because I saw that Beharie was in it. I like Chastain and Isaac a lot, but Beharie is top 5 in Hollywood right now for me. I'll watch anything she's in, even for a scene or two.

I liked this a lot. Episodes 2 and 4 had me heated in a good way, arguing with my girl over how foul Mira was. I think if they don't have two actors like Chastain and Isaac with 10/10 chemistry then the whole thing probably falls flat. I feel like the argument in episode was a homeless man's version of the fight in Before Midnight, but they made it work.