Oscar Issac and Jessica Chastain star in Scenes from a Marriage, September 12(HBO)

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
This is really hard to watch but I've met so many women like this that this feels like normal to me : (

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I've come to admire the willingness to talk, and work through relationship issues the way that Jonathan attempted to, regardless of how simpish it may look.

My reaction would be much like most of you here, and I'd immediately bounce and that'd be the end of it. But on the other hand, I'm walking away from something I truly value... And not fighting for it at all doesn't quite sit well with me.

Either way, I really enjoyed the series, and watching these two with polar opposite personalities, navigate their complicated marriage, personal issues, and the somewhat happy conclusion with both of them finding finding some peace in their lives was a great touch. Having gone through a rough split myself... I related to both of them in a lot of ways.

All in all, I thought it was a fantastically written, acted and directed series. Loved it.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just starting this right now. Im a huge Oscar fan. He's one of my favorites. Chastain, im not a big on for some reason but she's extremely talented so I respect her. I expect fukkery so I do not wish to watch this with my girl. :mjgrin:

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
2 episodes in and the wife is the reason why I dont take any bytch serious. Flippant and disrespectful. Only a woman who isnt scared of getting her ass beat would have that energy with cheating.
:yeshrug:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My reaction would be much like most of you here, and I'd immediately bounce and that'd be the end of it. But on the other hand, I'm walking away from something I truly value... And not fighting for it at all doesn't quite sit well with me.
You cant place value in something that she doesnt value. And you cant fight for something that she wants to give another man. If it isnt important to her then it CANT be important to you.:yeshrug:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You cant place value in something that she doesnt value. And you cant fight for something that she wants to give another man. If it isnt important to her then it CANT be important to you.:yeshrug:
True...
But she had already settled down with the guy. She just needed dude to choke her out during sex, stick a thumb in her ass, and treat her like a filthy every once in awhile and she would've been straight. :lolbron:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I watched the first two episod with my wife and checked right out. That shyt is too much.

Its like a prequel of the movie Marriage Story, before they got divorced.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I watched the first two episod with my wife and checked right out. That shyt is too much.

Its like a prequel of the movie Marriage Story, before they got divorced.

Yeah, as someone who has been divorced episode 2 is definitely triggering. But the show is really good overall in capturing some nuisance of a “failed” marriage

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Thanks to you brehs, I started watching this show.

I must say. This show is triggering and sobering. But Episode 4 makes it all worth it. :russ: I'm watching Episode 5 like :snoop: why the fukk is this cat still around her? :mindblown: