Oprah and Iyanla teaching Men about Fatherhood?

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TBH with you fatherhood is something that is passed down from father to son. If you have generations of men who were raised without fathers, then you have a lot of men who more than likely don't know how to act as a father figure in a household.

HOWEVER that doesn't mean Oprah and Iyanla are the people to act as educators. It would be better suited to have a male counselor who has experience as a father to pass lessons to men who think they need help with their families. There are thing about being a black man in society that a woman will never completely understand.

I don't think the concept is completely misguided, but I do dislike marching it out there like a c00n and dance show. I would rather these were private empowerment programs from within the community, not something that people are eating popcorn and watching disingenuously while the participants are paraded around to be mocked and ridiculed.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, let me get this straight.

Oprah, who grew up without a real father figure, who can't get the man she is with to marry her, and who have no kids. Is going to teach black boys how to be fathers? GTFOH!!!:heh::laff:

Because you have money, doesn't mean you know everything about life. I see rich kids with both parents in the household go crazy all the time.

I would understand if Oprah was teaching a class on how to make money. Or pander, dance, and entertain White folks to become wealthy.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
So, let me get this straight.

Oprah, who grew up without a real father figure, who can't get the man she is with to marry her, and who have no kids. Is going to teach black boys how to be fathers? GTFOH!!!:heh::laff:

Because you have money, doesn't mean you know everything about life. I see rich kids with both parents in the household go crazy all the time.

I would understand if Oprah was teaching a class on how to make money. Or pander, dance, and entertain White folks to become wealthy.

Oprah has stated many times she doesn't want to get married or have kids:comeon:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oprah has stated many times she doesn't want to get married or have kids:comeon:

OK :yeshrug:

No matter if she want kids or not. She is still not qualified to teach boys how to be fathers. You at least have to be experience to teach any subject. How you going to teach a person how to be a parent, when you never raised kids on your own? Answer that for me.:comeon:

Let stay on topic. :aicmon:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Both of these women have issues with their own fathers and neither one are married. These broads have lost their minds

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
I saw a clip and they were responding to a mother raising sons in the clip, telling her what she could do (that she wasn't doing now) and what not to do. They weren't telling people to keep children away from fathers or how to push the father out of the picture. I'm not sure if the lady's sons father passed away or if he was abusive (from some of the comments, I think this was the case) but whatever the reason, sometimes father's won't or simply can't be there, and they're giving them (kids/parents) tools.

From what I saw it was like, "you can't replace his/their father but here is what you CAN do". I can't comment on the full show, I haven't seen it.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
OK :yeshrug:

No matter if she want kids or not. She is still not qualified to teach boys how to be fathers. You at least have to be experience to teach any subject. How you going to teach a person how to be a parent, when you never raised kids on your own? Answer that for me.:comeon:

Let stay on topic. :aicmon:

Iyanla is the Relationship Expert not Oprah :comeon:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iyanla is the Relationship Expert not Oprah :comeon:

Then why in the Hell did you even mention Oprah in your first post? :aicmon:

Both these hoes don't even know how to pick good husband's, but they going to teach boys how to be fathers? :childplease:

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
I mean, I agree with the idea... but Oprah gets on my damn nerves. I've never seen Iyanla's show so I can't comment on her.

Honestly, I feel like this is more about their egos than anything else. If they REALLLLLLY cared about getting this (really important) message out, they'd acknowledge that they aren't equipped to be the messengers. It just smacks of elitism (I know better than everyone else because I have money) and disingenuous-ness.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
Then why in the Hell did you even mention Oprah in your first post? :aicmon:

Both these hoes don't even know how to pick good husband's, but they going to teach boys how to be fathers? :childplease:

Because you were talking out of your neck about Oprah, and secondly Iyanla is a relationship expert so she is more than qualified ....I mean most people would prefer for BM to solve their own parenting issues that would be ideal, but you rather bytch instead of provide real alternatives :beli:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because you were talking out of your neck about Oprah, and secondly Iyanla is a relationship expert so she is more than qualified ....I mean most people would prefer for BM to solve their own parenting issues that would be ideal, but you rather bytch instead of provide real alternatives :beli:

To be fair, Iyanla isn't doing anything to help either. Her show is all about ratings, not really helping people.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Relationship expect because she call herself one. :comeon:

Bird you are clueless.

Explain to me how I was talking out of my neck bird.

I said Oprah didn't have kids, because it was related to the fukking subject bird. How a person with no kids is going to tell someone how to raise a kid. It doesn't matter if she didn't want kids. The whole point is she don't have kids, so she wouldn't have the experience on how to tell someone to do so.

Fukking bird. :comeon: